FFW
Master August 2016

WW Poll: Venue Type

FFW, on April 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Posted in Planning 189

What of type of venue did/do you have? For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single...

What of type of venue did/do you have?

For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other

And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single thing-tables, food, bar, etc -what I call build a wedding)?

189 Comments

• Sara
    Master April 2017
    Sara ·
    • Flag

All inclusive country club

• R
    Super September 2016
    Retired ·
    • Flag

Historical building, all-inclusive

• M
    VIP September 2016
    MrsInSeptember ·
    • Flag

Hotel all inclusive. Ceremony church no decor needed.

• Crystale
    Expert October 2016
    Crystale ·
    • Flag

Bed and Breakfast rented the whole house

• BvilleBride
    VIP September 2016
    BvilleBride ·
    • Flag

Winery- They provide tables, chairs and bartenders. All other vendors brought in. Oh and wine slushies and their wine... I can't wait

• Pabby13
    VIP November 2019
    Pabby13 ·
    • Flag

Outdoor ceremony, Barn reception- semi inclusive

• N
    Master November 2015
    NenaBear ·
    • Flag

Riverfront restaurant on the terrace - all inclusive

They provided a coordinator, full set up and breakdown of ceremony and reception, food, drinks, service staff, ambient lighting, valet parking, and tent. They would have included the fancy heaters had it been cold, but we're in FL. So yeah.

We brought in the DJ, photographer, cake, and officiant.

• Private_User804
    Master November 2016
    Private_User804 ·
    • Flag

Country club, semi-inclusive.

Includes: linens, all table and glassware, all staff, catering, open bar, bridal suite, groom's suite/kids' room, honeymoon suite, 'getaway' decorated golf cart, sparkler exit, some decor (arch, etc), planner, coat check, outdoor and indoor ceremony space. May also include specialty lighting by the time of our wedding!

We provide: DJ, additional decor, cake, photographer, hair/MUA, babysitters.

ETA - photos!

• Katie
    Master October 2016
    Katie ·
    • Flag

My ceremony and reception are at a historic small hotel. The ceremony is outdoors in a courtyard with lots of ivy and stone walls. The reception is in a small ballroom. We get a venue coordinator, catering, dance floor, use of tables, chairs, linens, and dinnerware. We also have event staff that set up and tear down.

• K
    Devoted December 2016
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

Mines a church. It's free but doesn't come with anything besides the chairs.

• Christine
    Master October 2015
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Hotel, all inclusive

• PaQuita
    VIP July 2017
    PaQuita ·
    • Flag

Ballroom--Semi inclusive

• mimitrue
    Master January 2016
    mimitrue ·
    • Flag

Secluded vintage garden estate with old school house and grand tented pavillon for both ceremony and reception. Semi-inclusive

• I'm Mrs Shuey
    VIP September 2016
    I'm Mrs Shuey ·
    • Flag

Barn-DIY

• Beutivant
    Master May 2016
    Beutivant ·
    • Flag

Ballroom- includes food, beverage, tables, chairs, linens, plate/glass/silverware.

• H
    VIP March 2017
    Hammie ·
    • Flag

Banquet hall. All catering, alcohol, furniture, linens included.

• Yourlilfig
    VIP August 2016
    Yourlilfig ·
    • Flag

We're using the upstairs party room at a restaurant. It's a huge space with a balcony, I love it! It's semi inclusive. They are doing food, bar, tables, chairs, and dishes. I'm bring in a DJ, cake, and all of the decor/linens.

• ChangingMyAutoGraff
    Expert May 2017
    ChangingMyAutoGraff ·
    • Flag

Country Club - semi inclusive. Hired a DJ, photographer and videographer. Need florist. But venue includes food, drinks, linens, chairs and service.

• Holly
    Master February 2017
    Holly ·
    • Flag

The closest option to describe my venue is a ballroom, I guess. It's a renovated movie theater from the 1920s but it's set up more like a restaurant now. It's mostly inclusive (includes food and drinks, ceremony and reception space, cake, flowers, decor, tables, chairs, linens, tableware, DOC, etc.)

Hiring outside of the venue: Officiant (they had a recommended one but he was so not a good fit for us), photographer, ceremony musician, attire.

• beautyofdreams
    VIP August 2016
    beautyofdreams ·
    • Flag

Mansion - outdoor- tented reception. Semi inclusive (tables, chairs)

Comment on this discussion