FFW
Master August 2016

WW Poll: Venue Type

FFW, on April 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Posted in Planning 189

What of type of venue did/do you have? For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single...

What of type of venue did/do you have?

For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other

And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single thing-tables, food, bar, etc -what I call build a wedding)?

189 Comments

• Lauren B.
    Master October 2015
    Lauren B. ·
    • Flag

FFW- the Ezell house, but I got married in Mobile not NOLA unfortunately, I wanted my grandmother to be there and she lives in Mobile.

The inside is where the food was and the outside courtyard is where the tables were and the dance floor. I believe the courtyard holds 250 people

• Melissa847
    Super September 2016
    Melissa847 ·
    • Flag

Ballroom - Inclusive, even the cake is included with the price per guest, made by their in house baker!

• Bee
    Master April 2017
    Bee ·
    • Flag

It's a bed and breakfast (outdoor ceremony, barn reception) that's semi-inclusive based on what you listed. We have to use their onsite restaurant and since we've got a small wedding, they provided us with tables/chairs/linens. We have to bring in a baker if we wanted a wedding cake, decor, florists, dj, photo/video, and mua/hair. We have a DOC provided by the venue that would cover more responsibilities than most venue provided DOC.

Honestly, if we could have found a similar venue that was all inclusive OR a venue that would let us bring an outside caterer, we would choose that route. We fell in love with the venue but are paying a lot more than the norm since their restaurant is not cheap.

• Promike
    Master September 2015
    Promike ·
    • Flag

Vintage Ballroom - Build a wedding Smiley smile

• NicoleAnn
    Devoted July 2016
    NicoleAnn ·
    • Flag

Hotel on the river- all inclusive besides tables decorations which im making

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Oooh I love this @FFW!

I'm country club - semi-inclusive

• FreshToDeathAng
    Master September 2016
    FreshToDeathAng ·
    • Flag

Ours is a Yacht Club, mostly all-inclusive.

• Bianca
    Beginner September 2017
    Bianca ·
    • Flag

Ceremony - Outside. Reception - Barn. Semi inclusive. They provide lighting, some decorations, tables, chairs.

• Jacqui76
    Master May 2016
    Jacqui76 ·
    • Flag

Country Club- semi inclusive.

• SoonToBeStoddie
    Super June 2016
    SoonToBeStoddie ·
    • Flag

Warehouse and all inclusive!! Smiley smile Food comes from a restaurant downstairs, table, chairs, bar, and dance floor included!

• CobbWifey
    Super September 2016
    CobbWifey ·
    • Flag

Rustic/Historic site. Semi- Inclusive, but still pretty "Build a Wedding" Smiley smile

• Chrises
    Super November 2016
    Chrises ·
    • Flag

Museum. They have tables and chairs, and supply the bar and valet. All other vendors are outside.

• M
    Super May 2016
    Mrs. W ·
    • Flag

Hotel Ballroom- all inclusive

• Dreamer
    Master May 2013
    Dreamer ·
    • Flag

Historic hotel ballroom. Pretty inclusive - cocktail hour buffet and passed, 4 plated courses, 5 hours open bar, cake, dessert buffet. We also paid extra for uplighting and pin-spots, valet parking for our guests, and the rental of tablecloths, through the venue.

• Siabean
    Devoted June 2017
    Siabean ·
    • Flag

Vineyard with in house caterer so things like food, alcohol, tables, lighting are included. I'm really happy with my decision!

• bappybride
    Expert August 2016
    bappybride ·
    • Flag

Other - hotel/restaurant/meeting place on a university campus

All inclusive

• FutureLivi
    VIP June 2017
    FutureLivi ·
    • Flag

Mansion for the ceremony ad ballroom for the reception. The ballroom includes the food, but we have to hire our own Dj and get our own decorations. They do include all linens though

• MrsKristenS
    Master August 2016
    MrsKristenS ·
    • Flag

Loft- all inclusive (tables, chairs, food, drink, linens, flatware, DOC, etc.)

• Fiona
    Master December 2015
    Fiona ·
    • Flag

Ceremony was at a church. Reception was in a University ballroom.

• Katy
    Master September 2015
    Katy ·
    • Flag

We rented a historic site/park. Nothing included, except some metal folding chairs and cafeteria tables. There was a lot of planning involved, but I guess I got to decide exactly what I wanted! And the site itself was only $750.

ETA: It's a historic mill. That's why there is mill equipment hanging out upstairs.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics