FFW
Master August 2016

WW Poll: Venue Type

FFW, on April 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Posted in Planning 189

What of type of venue did/do you have? For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single...

What of type of venue did/do you have?

For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other

And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single thing-tables, food, bar, etc -what I call build a wedding)?

189 Comments

• JessicaIsTotallySmithen
    Super April 2017
    JessicaIsTotallySmithen ·
    • Flag

Southern Style Manor- semi-inclusive

• Kay
    Devoted August 2016
    Kay ·
    • Flag

We're getting married in a wee chapel in the countryside that my Grandad used to be the minister of. Our reception is at the local village hall - we're hiring 2 rustic tipis for the dinner with a hessian walkway from the hall to the tipis, and then for the reception dancing and supper in the hall - which will be completed decorated by us (home made bunting, fairy lights, hiring whiskey barrels and benches for around the sides). Basically making everything ourselves for the day - my architecture graduate fiance designed Harry Potter marauders map invites, and is making a Lord of the Rings map style table plan, and hand-making mini models for each table center piece (e.g. Hogwarts, Mordor, NARNIA, Gallifrey, Tattooine). It will be a lovely geeky handmade personal day!

• Samantha-Alexa
    Beginner October 2016
    Samantha-Alexa ·
    • Flag

Camp, Outdoor ceremony and indoor reception ( FH and I met at a camp) we are building a wedding

• Karen
    Devoted March 2017
    Karen ·
    • Flag

Hotel garden and ballroom. Semi- inclusive. Food, alcohol, ceremony decorations, centerpieces, wedding coordinator, and yummy cake.

• Caroline
    VIP September 2016
    Caroline ·
    • Flag

Pier house on the beach connected to a hotel. Semi-inclusive.

• sprezz
    VIP September 2016
    sprezz ·
    • Flag

Art museum - DIY

• taylormade
    Dedicated October 2016
    taylormade ·
    • Flag

Banquet Hall all inclusive except cake

• Sabrina
    Expert April 2017
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag

Bed and breakfast/barn. Were using the gazebo and grounds for and outdoor ceremony and having the reception in their barn. Its diy but with what we saved the cost of vendors is pretty reasonable

• Joella
    Devoted September 2016
    Joella ·
    • Flag

Ceremony- Garden Terrace, Reception- Ballroom. Both located at the same place.

Comment on this discussion