FFW
Master August 2016

WW Poll: Venue Type

FFW, on April 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM Posted in Planning 0 190
Saved Save

What of type of venue did/do you have?

For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other

And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single thing-tables, food, bar, etc -what I call build a wedding)?

190 Comments

• Tara
    Super June 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag

Country club- all-inclusive

• VWCat
    Master October 2015
    VWCat ·
    • Flag

Vineyard and tented. It was DIY (I brought in the rentals, caterer, flowers, cake, DJ, etc).

• Michele
    Expert November 2016
    Michele ·
    • Flag

Beach wedding - 100% DIY. I'll probably have gray hairs by the time November comes.

• Becoming a Mrs
    Master July 2016
    Becoming a Mrs ·
    • Flag

Barn - All/Semi Inclusive -- Everything was included including the cake, but the only things that weren't were the big vendors like Photographer, Dj & Florist.

• taneisha23
    Devoted September 2016
    taneisha23 ·
    • Flag

Banquet hall. Pretty much everything is included.

ETA: aside from such things as photographer and dj... as mentioned above. lol. Things like food, basic floating candle centerpiece, tables, linens, alcohol, chair covers are included.

• ELK
    Master March 2018
    ELK ·
    • Flag

Country club - all inclusive.

• ashley
    Master November 2015
    ashley ·
    • Flag

Mine was at the historic Boone tavernSmiley smile they made the food, provided alcohol, I brought the rest of my vendors

• OG Dianna
    Master March 2017
    OG Dianna ·
    • Flag

Mansion. All-inclusive.

• Lauren B.
    Master October 2015
    Lauren B. ·
    • Flag

Mansion- tables chairs and some decor included

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·
    • Flag

Hotel and mostly inclusive (I provided DJ and photographer).

• Future Mrs.P
    Expert December 2016
    Future Mrs.P ·
    • Flag

Modern Loft Space - Complete DIY they only supply tables and basic folding chairs (eyeroll)

• Britti
    VIP May 2016
    Britti ·
    • Flag

Outdoor (garden) and semi-inclusive. I can't wait to get married there next month!!!

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

Ceremony is in a church. reception is at a museum (historic mansion made into a museum). We are building a wedding.

• AshleeC423
    VIP April 2017
    AshleeC423 ·
    • Flag

Banquet hall-all inclusive! I love that I don't have to worry, they take care of everything. Eta: oh besides photographer and DJ, but the venue coordinator recommended them to us

• Nikki
    Devoted December 2016
    Nikki ·
    • Flag

Barn- semi- inclusive

• BookcaseHat
    Master July 2017
    BookcaseHat ·
    • Flag

The zoo! They handle food/drink and all the chairs/tables/etc, but not things like music or flowers.

• RiddellMeThis
    VIP June 2016
    RiddellMeThis ·
    • Flag

Wanted a tent wedding on our friend's property. After doing the math we decided on a country club. Crazy that a super fancy place was about $30/pp cheaper than the tent once all the rentals and catering was calculated. And that was all DIY. Now I can sit back and actually ...GASP! ...be a bride that day!

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

@Lauren B what's the name of your venue? and how many did it hold?

• Kelsey
    VIP December 2016
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

Mansion, semi-inclusive (includes tent, table, chairs, some decorations, option for rentals, DOC, DJ, valet parking, shuttle)

• twostep127
    Super June 2016
    twostep127 ·
    • Flag

A very historic hotel ballroom...every president since Teddy Roosevelt has been there! Includes food, booze, tables & chairs and bridal/parent suites.

Comment on this discussion