Jules
Dedicated January 2019

Would you rather: Winter Favors?

Jules, on December 3, 2018 at 8:27 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 11
Saved Save

Hi all! I'm down to about a month and a half before our wedding (Jan. 19, 2019) and really need to decide on a favor! I have it narrowed down to 3 options and could really use some input! So- for a winter/January wedding would you rather:

1. Tree Saplings-Let love grow

2. Pinecone Candle-You warm our hearts

3. Fleece blanket- To have and to hold incase you get cold

Thanks!

11 Comments

• SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    • Flag
    If the wedding is outdoors, I’d pick #3, but then again, if it’s outdoors in Jan, I think a blanket is more of a necessity than a favor. That being said, I’d probably pick #2. Not everyone would have somewhere to plant a tree.
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    I would say #2 would be my preference as a guest!
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Hi Jules! It's so exciting that your wedding is coming up in just a few weeks! Personally, I think all of these ideas are adorable! If I had to pick one that I think guests would use the most, it would have to be the candles! I think that this is a really sweet favor idea that guests can get lots of use out of, not to mention they sound adorable! Smiley kiss

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

Definitely the candles! I wouldn't want to take a tree, and I definitely wouldn't use a blanket if it didn't match my home decor so I think it would be less wasteful to go with #2, because most people love candles!

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    I would definitely pick #2 - the candle 🕯. Good luck 🍀
  • M
    Super November 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I can see everyone throwing out the tree sapling, especially if they dont own their own house. I would go with the candle or blanket.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag

Candle or blanket. But... I'd be more excited if there was a fancy latte/hot chocolate bar at your wedding as opposed to a favor I need to pack. Smiley winking

• Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Is the blanket a photo of you with the date?

i would think going with a winter scene would be nice and people would be likely to keep them instead of leaving it at the venue

i wouldnt take candle or tree home; sorry
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag

Hi Jules! Smiley heart All three are really good ideas! As a guest, I wold also be super excited about option #2, the candles! Super cozy and sweet, plus they totally go with your winter/January wedding! Smiley heart

• Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

I'm a candle lover so definitely #2. If a lot of people leave them behind, worst case is you have some extra candles for a while.

• Jessica
    Devoted December 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

2 or 3. I love candles and blankets!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics