kristenann
Master October 2014

Worst start to my wedding week

kristenann, on October 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 22
Saved Save

I dropped both of my rings off 10/4 to have sized and dipped and was told it would take 7-10 days. She assured me that would be the longest as I expressed concern since my wedding is 10/18. Today I call their 1800# and I'm told 2-4 weeks! WTF?! So I called the store directly and the woman said they should be in Friday... Um, no. After I unleashed bridezilla, she said she'd call the jeweler to see if they could be shipped sooner. God help both of us if they're not in. She's in for a rude awakening if I they're not here by Friday.

If that wasn't bad enough, FH's grandfather fell on Friday, the ER sent him home and we went right back Saturday for severe pain. Today, they finally found the cause of his pain- he broke his hip. Needless to say, he cannot make the wedding. I feel so bad for FH. His father is deceased and his father's side of the family lives in Greece and hasn't had contact with them in about 8 year.

WTF. I may get my first grey hair.

22 Comments

• 8815wedding
    VIP August 2015
    8815wedding ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry this is happening to you this week! Don't worry, though, because no matter how stressful this week is I am sure your big day this weekend will be magical and perfect. ::hugs::

• DFG2014
    Super November 2014
    DFG2014 ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry! that sounds so stressful! i would call later this afternoon if you have not heard back from the jeweler.. i hope they get them back soon!

• Catalina
    Super December 2014
    Catalina ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry. I hope everything works out... The good thing is that you will marry a great guy soon

• Gina D
    VIP October 2014
    Gina D ·
    • Flag

Oh no sweetie. Think positive thoughts. If you don't get your rings on Friday I'll help you beat the crap out of anyone in the store responsible!!!!

• Brownie
    Super October 2014
    Brownie ·
    • Flag

Im so sorry hun. I hope the rings will be done!

Take a deep breathe, your dream day is almost hereSmiley smile xx

• Ally
    VIP October 2014
    Ally ·
    • Flag

Oh my gosh i am so sorry!!!! god i HATE when people tell you one thing and then it just magically changes. that's just horrible! don't let up on them though! i am so very sorry about FH's grandfather as well Smiley sad that's just so upsetting. keeping my fingers crossed that everything starts to look up from here! i know that you're going to have an amazing day and everything else is going to pan out! good luck!

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·
    • Flag

So sorry!! I know it won't be the same without your actual rings but can you get some filler rings just in case? Obviously no where near what you want but maybe it'll make you feel a little better just to have an alternative in place?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out!

And, in the end, you're getting MARRIED! That's all that matters!!

• KimS
    Master September 2014
    KimS ·
    • Flag

Awww, I'm so sorry about your FH's grandfather. Smiley sad

Stay on their a$$es about those rings. They told you 7-10 days and they should put a rush on them.

You will still have a lovely wedding and be married to your FH soon!! (I can loan you some gray hairs... ;-)

• Staci
    Master September 2014
    Staci ·
    • Flag

Ugh that sucks. I agree with Kylene - get some cheapies just in case. Then you won't be stressing as much. No one will be able to see them during the ceremony anyway.

• FinallyMrsSloan
    VIP April 2015
    FinallyMrsSloan ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry your wedding week is starting off on the wrong foot. Hopefully they get your rings ack to you on time or you have every right to be bridezilla! Sorry about FH's grandfather. Hopefully he can make a speedy recovery!

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

Wow I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you.

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·
    • Flag

Thank you ladies! Still no word on my rings. I had a minor panic attack yesterday, but am calmer today for some reason. We will see come Friday.

FH's grandfather is hanging in there. He suffers from Parkinson's Disease (very advanced) so he's very accident prone. FH took the news a little better than I thought, but he's obviously still upset. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a successful surgery tomorrow for good old PapPap!

HAHAHA Kim! I don't see any grey hairs on you! Smiley smile

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

What the actual hell is that? Seriously, they dipped, cleaned, soldered, and check the prongs on my ring in ONE day. We went to a privately owned jeweler, but still!!

Also, aren't you almost 30? If so and you haven't had a grey hair yet - you're a bitch! (Not really, but you know) I had my first grey hair on my 23rd birthday. Six of them.

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·
    • Flag

Really Gamecox!? We got both of my rings at Helzberg, so we went with them. Apparently they ship them out to someone else! Unreal.

HAHAHA!!! I actually turned 31 last week and still no grey hairs. (Knock on wood) I owe my good hair genes to my dad. He didn't start getting grey hairs until he was in his late 40s.

• FinallyMrsW
    VIP October 2014
    FinallyMrsW ·
    • Flag

I am so sorry...ugh that all stinks

on a good note im 23 and have found at least 10 grey hairs. so congrats to you you youngin!

• NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Master August 2015
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost ·
    • Flag

That sounds terrible! I hope your rings get in. I know its not the same but, can you get some cheap stand ins just in case?

Sending well wishes for your FH's Grandfather.

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

Yeah, H got my rings from Jared's, but had a bad experience. He got the diamond from this place I talked about (called Dem's). We were willing to pay the $50 to have it soldered to have it at a place we trusted. The jeweler did it all there on site. God only knows what would come back if we went back to Jared's.

• Koch Bride
    Master September 2014
    Koch Bride ·
    • Flag

Ah! I would be freaking the fuck out too. They need to get them to you...NOW! But, I'm sure they can get them back to you in time.

P.S. I might stalk out the Meridian on Friday to try to get a glimpse of ya'll. That wouldn't be too creepy right?

• Mrs.Temme
    VIP September 2014
    Mrs.Temme ·
    • Flag

I had major vendor issues the week of. I just had to let it all go and say we will still be married. Just relax. Who cares if both the flowers and linens are not what I ordered!

• RH
    Master November 2014
    RH ·
    • Flag

Hope your week turns around and gets better!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics