Danielle
Savvy June 2018

With corset slip or without? Opinions!

Danielle, on June 15, 2018 at 10:18 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved Save
I loveee my dress (last fitting and got it back yesterday!), however I'm trying to decide whether or not i want to wear the corset slip under it or wear it without anything under it at all..

The seamstress said that they both look amazing, but there are a few pros and cons to each..
With the corset slip the dress looks PERFECT, the detail under the bust sits perfectly and i feel like it makes me look thinner, however I find myself needing to adjust it so that my boobs aren't out too much/overflowing (i dont want TOO MUCH boob-age) AND i think that it gives me back/armpit fat.

Without the corset slip pros the pros are that I don't have to adjust myself AS MUCH and my boobs don't overflow as much. However it doesnt make the design under the bust stand out like the slip does and I don't feel as thin.

Here are two pictures the first without it and the second with it. I'm leaning towards with the corset slip but I don't want TOO much cleavage, does it look like too much cleavage?

Ty ladies 馃挆

With corset slip or without? Opinions! 1

With corset slip or without? Opinions! 2

22 Comments

• M
    Beginner June 2019
    Molly
    Your thin-ness in both pictures look to be about the same.. I say go without. You'll be more comphy.. No one needs to be sweaty if they dont need to be.. I feel like you can see the dress design just fine with out the corset.. Love your dress too!
  • FutureMrsHarris18
    Expert July 2018
    FutureMrsHarris18
    It looks a little boobie but not in a bad way...
  • A
    Dedicated September 2018
    A
    I would do with out. You look great in the first picture. The second picture you definatly look all squished up in there.
  • FutureMrsHarris18
    Expert July 2018
    FutureMrsHarris18
    Like Molly said... figure wise looks about the same.
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee
    Figure looks the same to me too, I actually thought you had the corset on in the first pic. And I wouldn't want to keep adjusting the corset all night so that it wouldn't show
  • Danielle
    Savvy June 2018
    Danielle
    Thanks ladies. I'm thinking about getting a corset that doesnt have the bra/bust support attached (like the one in the picture).
  • MrsJackson
    Super October 2018
    MrsJackson
    I also think without the corset. The last thing you want is to be adjusting yourself all night and especially at the altar.
  • Jacqueline
    Dedicated July 2018
    Jacqueline
    I think that the pic without the corset looks much better. I went without one since it made my back fat come out more. Your waist looks nice and defined so you dont need a corset for slimming. As far as the cleavage it does look better without the corset in my opinion.
  • Carol
    Super September 2018
    Carol
    The corset does not fit correctly, if you went up a cup size it should fit better. If you鈥檙e worried about the middle but not the top I would buy a middle section corset style thing at Walmart for under $20
  • Kelci
    Super June 2019
    Kelci
    I would go without the corset. Your dress looks gorgeous!
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027
    I'd go without. I can see the bra line of the corset perfectly in the 2nd picture and you don't want pictures where you can see your bra
  • Kaye
    VIP October 2018
    Kaye
    I also second without. Your boobs look like they are spilling out in the second one
  • Ingrid
    Super September 2018
    Ingrid
    Honestly to me the photos look about the same. I wouldn鈥檛 want anything that I had to adjust though. It鈥檚 so unflattering to have to fix your boobs all day 鈥 you don鈥檛 want someone to catch you in that moment on your wedding day. So I would go without!
  • Angelica
    Devoted June 2019
    Angelica
    Team without corset here. You look great without so why be uncomfortable.
  • A
    Dedicated September 2018
    Ashley
    I like what the corset does for the shape of the dress, but I can see the corset peeking out in this picture so I am betting constantly adjusting will be more of a pain than its worth!
  • thyia
    Super August 2018
    thyia
    I did not notice a major difference in waist nor cleavage. I say go with makes you feel the most beautiful and comfortable. It's going to be a long day!
  • Eamsee
    Super June 2019
    Eamsee

I vote for no corset. Honestly, your figure looks the same to me in both photos (killer figure by the way) and I think that if it is irritating you just for the short time you had it on during the fitting, then it will really be a nuisance the day of. Also take into consideration that with it being summer and that you will be dancing and active the majority of the day in general, you'll probably be sweating. I can only imagine how itchy that thing would make you and how much of a pain it would be to scratch that itch. I just also have to say that your dress in stunning!!!

• Allie
    Super September 2018
    Allie

I think both look great! If i had to pick i actually would go with the slip!

• Danielle
    Savvy June 2018
    Danielle
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!!
  • Danielle
    Savvy June 2018
    Danielle
    Thanks so much ladies! I think ill go without the corset and maybe try just a waist corset instead!

Comment on this discussion