Nicoletta
Super January 2015

Winter Brides, are you wearing any of wrap/capelet or other winter acccesories?

Nicoletta, on November 6, 2014 at 8:08 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 14
Saved Save

Winter is such a magical time to get married, winter bribes, what will you be wearing over your dresses? I am wearing a white vintage style marabou capelet kind of like the one here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/197722727/50s-marabou-capelet-swan-white?ref=sr_gallery_3&ga_search_query=marabou capelet&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

14 Comments

• M
    Master December 2014
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I'm not. I hate the look of the fur wraps and haven't found anything I like that could keep me warm. I may just have to freeze for 20 minutes to take pictures lol

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

Nothing. Same as the Melissa above. Everything's indoors except for maybe pictures so I don't want to cover my dress for all the formal pics.

• JanuaryWedding
    Super January 2016
    JanuaryWedding ·
    • Flag

I was considering a wrap similar to that. But then my stepmom introduced me to cloaks and I'm soooo getting one. Though I tend to call it my cape and plan on calling myself "Super Bride" when I wear it.

• Northern MN
    Master November 2014
    Northern MN ·
    • Flag

I had looked at them...wanted a red caplet but it was really hard to find what I liked and so I gave up on it. Instead I think I am just wearing a cardigan.

• Mary
    Devoted December 2014
    Mary ·
    • Flag

I bought a cream/white dress coat a few years ago that I think is going to look wonderful for pictures. I have thought about a cape that goes halfway, something like this:

http://www.lightinthebox.com/nice-long-sleeve-faux-fur-wedding-party-casual-shawls_p833616.html

But I am not sure.

• Edmee
    Devoted December 2014
    Edmee ·
    • Flag

I'm not.er..It's nothing. I think so.

• mrsrobinvalentine
    Master February 2014
    mrsrobinvalentine ·
    • Flag

I wanted to cover up but didn't want to wear anything too long.

• A
    VIP March 2015
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

The pic you posted looks nice, just a me sure whatever you get doesn't look cheap. I went to a winter wedding where all the bridesmaids wore matching caplets and muffs, but they looked cheap and awful. I feel like fur is something you need to go all out on. (But of course, only vintage fur if it's real or just good looking synthetic.)

• Elizabeth  Messina
    February 2020
    Elizabeth Messina ·
    • Flag

I had my mother-in-law knit me something for over my shoulders for outdoor pictures- I was able to pick the yarn and everything, so it turned out perfect and also was something that I could keep knowing that she made it. It looked like this one from Pinterest.

• Janeen
    Master January 2015
    Janeen ·
    • Flag

I might get a gold pashmina. I'm still on the fence about it.

• R
    VIP October 2015
    RhnCasi419 ·
    • Flag

I will be a mid-fall bride, ceremony and reception late afternoon into evening. Fall nights around here get chilly anywhere from mid 30 to 50 degree Temps at night, and I have a strapless dress, and if Temps are bearable I plan to have my 20 minute ceremony outdoors cocktail hour pics outdoors. I know so cliché bcuz of Kate Middleton but I am looking a ivory angora shrugs and or sweaters. I've always loved angora, have many angora pieces in my wardrobe (all black though lol). I am about to order a high quality ivory angora shrug thru etsy for $350 right now, call me crazy but I love it, and I think it would be perfect for fall (especially a night wedding)/winter wedding. I love the fur if you can pull off the look. I didn't like it.on me, but I'm loving angora or knit.

• A
    Dedicated December 2014
    A^2 ·
    • Flag

I am having the same issue. I may go with nothing since my seamstress is added beautiful cap sleeves for me

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

Nothing. I'm in California, and we're getting married indoors.

• Future Mrs. L now Married!
    Expert March 2015
    Future Mrs. L now Married! ·
    • Flag

@EYM Bridal Designs, that is beautiful!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics