Arlene
Devoted March 2020

Why hello there stranger!

Arlene, on February 28, 2019 at 5:52 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 27
Saved Save

Just a vent session pretty funny, is it just me or do alot of brides to be or grooms to be notice that during wedding planning if you post something regarding your wedding on social media, about 1,001 people comment or DM you asking if they are invited or they hope they are invited or " I better be there." YET they have NEVER MET FH; havent seen you in over 1,2,3 years or havent seen you at all since you've been dating FH let alone talk to you at all. They never respond when you reach out to ask how they are or hangout, granted people are busy I got that lives are busy but you have never acknowledged or said 1 word to me but wanna come to my wedding? Smiley amazing We have a 90 day rule to a year rule, if we have not seen you within the last 90 days to a year or talk to you, you are not invited.

27 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

This is why we don't post about our wedding on social media. Those details are for our guests, not the girl that I sat next to on the bus in 9th grade.

• Sherry
    Rockstar September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

OMG, yes yes yes yes yes. Why do people do this lol

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Yeah...just dont post stuff on your social media about it. I know everybody is excited about sharing but you're just asking for it when you do that.
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    • Flag
    I don't post anything about my wedding on social media. However, I have noticed everyone likes me suddenly lol. I've gotten the "I better be invited" from people who I'm sure mean well but don't know I'm keeping things in the small side.
  • Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

Hah, yeah. We announced our engagement and people come out of the woodwork. I honestly just ignore them because I know we're not inviting them. I'm not going to be mean and say "you won't be there" but let nature takes its course. They will get over it. It is annoying though. I have people at work that do the same. Uhm, I work in the same building as you, doesn't mean we're friends or that I'd invite you to my wedding.

• Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This. Haha so true!
  • Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

I haven't had that issue because I don't post anything about it on social media but my mom is always like "why aren't you inviting so and so". If they don't know my FH, they don't need to be at my wedding.

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    Yeah, this is why I also don't post about wedding stuff, which is sad because most social media is to show what you're up to. It's not like people ask if they're invited to your friends birthday party, or trips, or dinner that you post about, so whyyy do they when its wedding related? Lol. Its annoying, but just the way it is.
  • Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag

I don't care what they say lol, i will continue to post. I do not care for what people say, it was just a funny vent session of a funny coincidence. I will continue to post as i love my FH and i love our life, we dont post all the time but when we do like anniversary or when we got engaged and did our engagement photos, of course i love him and no one can say or do anything for me to show or hide my love. I am a very strong minded person so anyone who comments won't affect me. they have every right to post what they feel as that is their opinion but i just dont pay no mind to it to respond or enertain back but jsut be subtle.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

True true i can see why not.

We don't have problem with the commentary we just think its funny.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol not sure, some people are VERY BOLD.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's okay lol I am not asking for it, my pages are private, my post is public to those on my friends list so they are entitled to comment however they please. I just either send a heart or like the comment or don't say anything.

I don't really care for what others say I just think it is funny that there is a very good amount of people who came out of nowhere responding.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol yeah, I understand. We have received that too, I think it all means well and no harm in doing so, I just have responded to the persistent ones that we are having an intimate wedding.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Exactly my thought process! I ignore it or just put a heart or like the comment or have said it will be an intimate wedding. We have only showed our engagement photos and when we got engaged, today was the first time I posted that we hit our 1 year mark till the wedding and my god I had random people contact me.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Completely agree with that.

• Futuremrsf
    Beginner April 2019
    Futuremrsf ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé and I are limiting our guest list due to our budget. Whenever the subject of my guest list comes up with someone I don’t intend to invite, I just tell them that. If they are nice, they understand. Congratulations, btw to everyone
  • Futuremrsv
    Super October 2020
    Futuremrsv ·
    • Flag
    Yess. A few weeks ago I posted a photo saying we signed the contract and we have our venue. I didnt say the day or location. Had one girl comment saying I better be invited, I barely know her and havent seen her since 2008.
    Every since I got engaged a girl i used to be friends with was like omg let me know if I can help with anything. We dont talk and I havent seen her since 2013. Nope
  • Roxanne
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Roxanne ·
    • Flag
    I actually cut someone from the guest list i was working on because she was being so pushy. "I better get my invitations" "I'm getting my invitation, right?" And I'm like in my mind you were but not any more, you are my mom's friend not mine and you do not have a right to be at my wedding so bye Felicia. I'll send you a wedding announcement when is over .
  • tempestt
    Dedicated September 2019
    tempestt ·
    • Flag
    OMG YES! I even had a cousin that I have never been closed with or seen since 2006 ask if she was going to be a bridesmaid. Like what the hell! Then after I didn't respond her mom called my mom 3 days asking a billion questions about me and my FH.
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag

I had a "friend" saying she's going to be in the wedding this was before I even picked my bridal party. Another girl asking when the bridal shower will be( I think she was just being nice and wanting to give us a present) but I thought it was weird.

Comment on this discussion