Mrs. F-u-...
Master December 2014

WHY ARE ALL THE AMAZING SHOES 4+ INCH HEELS?!?!

Mrs. F-u-..., on July 10, 2014 at 9:34 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 46
Saved Save

End rant. That is all.

46 Comments

• Heather A
    Master September 2014
    Heather A ·
    • Flag

Story of my life.

I'm always like omg I need you then they're too high.

And I don't wear leather....let's just say my shoe options are limited.

• Mrs. F-u-...
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. F-u-... ·
    • Flag

I can't wear pumps, feet just don't want to stay in them and anything higher than 3 - 3 1/2 puts me too close to FH's height. I want to find a basic shoe I can bling out but can't find one. Grrrr.

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·
    • Flag

I feel ya. FH and I are the same height. Here is what I got. They are 2 3/8".

• MnDex
    VIP October 2014
    MnDex ·
    • Flag

Totally hear ya there!!! My heels for the wedding are either 3" or 3 1/2" and I know I'm not going to be able to wear them all night...I'm bummed too because I love my shoes!!!

• Mrs. F-u-...
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. F-u-... ·
    • Flag

I'm planning on getting good cowgirl boots for dancing. But I need a little higher than that or my dress will drag down the aisle. I may give up and just wear the heels I wear to work, lol. Can't see the shoes under my dress anyways, lol.

• Amber
    Beginner August 2016
    Amber ·
    • Flag

As a short gal, I love those sky high heels. As a short gal with very small feet who doesn't wear leather... yaarrrhghgh. Custom is nice but the register clinking in my head just makes me cringe.

• mrs_mommy&wife
    Dedicated November 2015
    mrs_mommy&wife ·
    • Flag

Yes! Story of my life. I'm 5'8 and the low heel shoes look a lil "old lady" to me and and the cutest stylish shoe are 3 inch or higher. But I have over a year to search for the perfect gorgeous 2 inch heel. I know their out there somewhere! Lol

• Stacy
    VIP August 2014
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

I would LOVE to be able to wear heels. Sadly, it looks like my cast won't be coming off until the the week before our wedding, so I don't really have a choice other than flats Smiley sad

• mrsaj2b
    Master October 2019
    mrsaj2b ·
    • Flag

When you figure it out let me know. I gave up years ago. LOL!

• Kathryn
    Super December 2014
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

I hear ya there too babe. I'm in anything bigger than 1 inch heel and my feet are dying (maybe I should stop shopping at payless!) and since I'm only an inch shorter than FH, it makes it awkward. I hate people (who usually are shorter) say how they would love to tower over everyone, including guys... Uh... No.... Why would you purposely want to look like Godzilla among Manhattan??? I dated a guy that was shorter than me by about 3 inches, I wore 3 inch heels once and he seriously looked like my littler brother and it was just awkward! Nothing sexy about that!!!

• MrsDean
    Master April 2015
    MrsDean ·
    • Flag

I'm the Queen of 4" heels! I wear them all the time. especially wedges - so comfortable! FH and I are the same height, so, ironically, I'm wearing flats for the wedding. Happy to do it though. Don't want to tower over my man in our wedding pics (although he loves when I wear heels.).

• Mrs. A & J
    Master December 2014
    Mrs. A & J ·
    • Flag

I found a great 2 3/4 heel at DSW!! Sorry I can't upload a pic from my phone, but they are a champagne-y color strappy sandal.

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

AMEN SISTA!!!! I'm 5'8" and FH SAYS he's 5'11 and I don't want us to be nose to nose at the wedding. Plus I am a COMPLETE klutz (especially when you add in a few cocktails!) so those adorable sky high heels wont work for me. I had planned on just wearing cute pair of ballet flats until my mom and the owner of the dress shop talked me into finding something with a kitten heel so now the search is on!

• KimS
    Master September 2014
    KimS ·
    • Flag

Amen!! FH is 6'1", but dang - I don't want to be hurtin' at the end of the night.

@GameCox - I got these! Almost shoe twin. ;-)

• Mrs.Matthews
    Master January 2015
    Mrs.Matthews ·
    • Flag

I found the perfect shoes but the heels were soooo big. I bought them anyway, bc they were BOGO so I bought flats too. I told FH I was not wearing the heelsfor the wedding I will wear them for the RD, he was like but they are so pretty and you can walk in them. I am not taking the chance with my huge ballgown and a very very long walk down a stone path, up steps, and on a gazebo. My heel would probably get stuck!

• Rebekah
    Devoted April 2015
    Rebekah ·
    • Flag

I ended up finding heels that were lower (I think around 2 inches). I'll break my ankle in anything bigger haha

• FinallyMrsW
    VIP October 2014
    FinallyMrsW ·
    • Flag

@Rebekah WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE!?? Exactly what I was looking for

• LJ411
    Master April 2015
    LJ411 ·
    • Flag

I'm a little under 5'3" and FH is 6'5" - he wants me to wear platforms lol... but I just can't.

Rebekah those are gorgeous - I'm with Kels where did you get them?

• Nikki
    Dedicated October 2017
    Nikki ·
    • Flag

I wanted 2.5 heels, little did I know the 2.5 was only the HEEL part and not the height of the shoe which is 3.5 (well, that's confusing)...but they are so cute, I'm sure I can manage in them for a little while.

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·
    • Flag

My shoes have a 1-3/4" heel. I think they're super cute...and vintagey! It took me months to find them though!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics