A.Magill.Since.May
Master May 2018

Who's planning to watch the Royal Wedding?

A.Magill.Since.May, on April 28, 2018 at 3:28 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 22
Saved Save
So the royals *obviously* stole my idea for an afternoon wedding on May 19th, but thanks to the time difference they'll be saying "I will" in front of the whole world at 7 a.m. while my bridal party and I are doing hair and makeup before it's my turn only 5 hours later!
Maybe this makes me weird, but I really like the idea of hanging out and watching the royal wedding while getting ready for my own. How many people get to say they got married on the same day as a prince and princess??

22 Comments

• Victorian Bride
    VIP June 2026
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    I'll be up!! Congratulations and enjoy your morning of!!
  • Forestwed
    Master May 2018
    Forestwed ·
    • Flag
    I think it will be cool to say you have the same anniversary as them. I’ll be awake and watching for sure!
  • M
    Super October 2018
    MaltedMilk ·
    • Flag

It pains me to admit this but yes. I got my carcass up at 4am in July 1981 so yeah......gotta see this one. Prince Harry is such a cutie!!! They way he looks at Meghan Markle.....swoon.

• Kayla
    Beginner September 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    If it were me, I would totally watch it while getting ready!! I think that would be so cool, and what better way to get in the wedding spirit!
  • Ashlee
    Devoted September 2018
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag
    It's the day of my bridal shower, so MOH and I will probs have mimosas and watch it 😂😍
  • rica
    VIP September 2018
    rica ·
    • Flag
    That’s so cool! I would totally do that too if I were you.
    I’m really disappointed I have to work that morning. I’ll definitely be recording it and spending the afternoon watching it.
  • A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think a few different news networks plan on replaying the whole thing in the afternoon!
  • rica
    VIP September 2018
    rica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good to know, thanks!
  • Kiwibride
    Super November 2018
    Kiwibride ·
    • Flag
    I think that's an awesome way to spend your morning. I might watch it, haven't checked what time it will be though so I'm not sure. Definitely not worth sacrificing my sleep for but if it's duribg
  • Kiwibride
    Super November 2018
    Kiwibride ·
    • Flag
    *ugh, why did that post early.

. . . But if it's during the day then I'll be watching
  • Ella Marie
    Devoted May 2019
    Ella Marie ·
    • Flag
    Eh im not a fan of Meghan Markle. Never have been! But I will be watching to see Kate!!!!!
    Karma ·
    • Flag
    I’m sorry but who cares about this stuff?
  • A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Clearly not you 😊.
    I'm not deeply invested in anyway, but I think it'll be fun to watch and a fun fact to have going forward.
  • Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·
    • Flag
    I’m looking forward to watching the royal wedding! I got up early to watch William & Kate’s & plan on doing the same for Harry & Meghan’s. I’m a total royal follower. I love the pomp & circumstance around everything. The traditions are great!
  • Liana
    VIP March 2017
    Liana ·
    • Flag

Can't wait to watch it!!! I've been a fan of Royal Family since Princess Diana times... I am so happy her sons are happy.

It's exciting that you are a royal wedding date twin!

• Kristin
    Expert May 2018
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    I'll have it on while getting ready too!!!
  • Jessica
    Devoted May 2018
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    My bridal party and I are going to watch it while getting ready for my wedding too 😊 it is cool that it's the same day!
  • A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this idea! Congrats on the wedding date-twin!
  • A.Magill.Since.May
    Master May 2018
    A.Magill.Since.May ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So there's at least three of us! Can you believe the big day is three weeks from today???
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    I am going to try to watch it but I don't think I'll be upset if I miss it.

I'm not deeply invested in the happenings of the royal family buuuut I can't resist a royal wedding.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics