Rogue Bride
Super May 2016

Who's having their dog in their ceremony?

Rogue Bride, on May 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 21
Saved Save

And is anyone having their cat in their ceremony? I would pay money to go to a wedding where a cat would cooperate like that... Lol!

21 Comments

• Celia Milton
    December 2019
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Lots of dogs.....never a cat, lol!

• Ashley
    VIP September 2014
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Umm what? As in having the dog walk down the aisle like a ring bearer would? Is that what you are thinking? We are not but I made the mistake of showing FH this picture and now he wants our dog (same breed shown) in a photo like this..

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·
    • Flag

Yes! Somehow, someway our dachshund is going to be in the wedding. I want my FH to walk her down. We keep joking that she'll be our "ring dachshund."

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·
    • Flag

If it works out smoothly I will do it for sure. Meaning I need to find someone I trust to pick them up and take them back home after the ceremony.

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·
    • Flag

I may also add that a friend will be responsible for her and will handle her during the ceremony/after.

• Jecca_1215
    Expert December 2017
    Jecca_1215 ·
    • Flag

I wish my cats would participate. They would be so scared of all the people! They would rather be at home napping wondering when I will return Smiley smile I hope your dog does well!!

• Sumer
    Expert November 2013
    Sumer ·
    • Flag

There is a very good chance our dog will be in the ceremony with us. She's my service dog, so she is extremely well trained and loves to dress up (since she's used to wearing a harness under a vest anytime we go out). Plus, since she can travel on a plane with us, we might even take her to Mexico with us! I'd love to see her running through the Mayan ruins, perhaps running up to the top of the Chichen Itza and back down to me a quarter of the way up, and telling me what the view is like! I doubt I'll be able to make it all the way up. After my two knee surgeries in the last 12 months, my knees are finally fixed, but they need to be strengthened.

I could see her in a little pink flower girl dress, with a basket on her back, spreading flowers down the beach coming to us.

• Nic.Dee
    Super July 2014
    Nic.Dee ·
    • Flag

Aw, Sumer, I hope you're able to take her to Mexico with you, and to incorporate her into your wedding. She sounds like a doll. I lovvvvvvvvvve dogs. If mine didn't have the attention span of a small rodent, I'd put her in haha. Plus it's gonna be July and hotttttttt outside, so I wouldn't want her old butt to be outside roasting.

• Amber
    VIP October 2013
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Boo... Ammo can't be our ring bearer like we wanted because our location doesn't allow pets Smiley sad

• FutureMrsB (Aussie Bride!)
    VIP September 2013
    FutureMrsB (Aussie Bride!) ·
    • Flag

My kids are gonna be the "best dogs"

• Private User
    VIP July 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I've seen it go really wrong. A big dog pulled loose of the handler during the ceremony, ran to the bride and jumped all over her dress: yes, with dirty paws Smiley sad

• CeCe
    Master May 2014
    CeCe ·
    • Flag

I wish my dog could be incorporated but he is a rescue dog and is terrified of large groups of people so I think that is going to be a no for his sake. Plus he tends to jump up on me when he is excited and I don't want dog paw prints on my white dress Smiley smile

• Nicol
    Dedicated July 2013
    Nicol ·
    • Flag

Ummm ok I dont have a cat but since you say you will pay money then.... I will get a cat and use it.. The cost? finish paying my wedding debt! Smiley smile

• MrsO
    Master May 2012
    MrsO ·
    • Flag

Our dog Bailey was the "best dog" in our wedding. He was with us all through getting ready, walked down the aisle with my MOH, sat up with us at the altar during the first part of the ceremony until my dad "gave me away" and then my dad took him to sit in the first row with my family for the remainder of the ceremony. (As well behaved as he is, I could never expect him to sit/stand at the altar for the entire ceremony) Then he was around for some portraits. During the times that he wasn't in photos, all our guests were apparently wanting to take turns watching over him where the cocktails were taking place. He was a popular boy. After the cocktail hour, someone came to pick him up and dogsit him for the remainder of the reception.

It worked out perfectly for us, and thankfully Bailey is a well-trained and predictable so we knew we didn't have to worry about certain unexpected behaviors. It's certainly not the best choice for all dogs though.

• Rick Ryan
    December 2019
    Rick Ryan ·
    • Flag

I had a ceremony, last year at a very high-end venue. The guests were being seated and I was setup over to the side when all of a sudden I heard a terrible commotion of several dogs fighting, just behind some bushes where I was seated. Since this venue is also a tourist spot, open to the public, I'm sitting there thinking "Gee, could they not keep the tourists and their dogs away until this ceremony is finished? How embarrassing for the bride."

About two minutes later here comes a handler, trotting our 4-5 dogs up the aisle, who were part of the bridal party.

• A
    Master April 2014
    Angel J ·
    • Flag

Ive seen it go right and ive seen it go wrong. Horribly wrong, like the dog who got so nervous with all the guests that he got sudden explosive diarrhea all over the carpet, all the way down the aisle. They had to hold the bride's dress up over it so that it didnt get on her. THen there are weddings where it works, like Mrs O. My dog would wreak havoc.

• Nancy Taussig
    December 2019
    Nancy Taussig ·
    • Flag

I officiated one wedding were the MOH & BM were the couple's 2 dogs.

Another wedding had a border collie as ring bearer. Someone held him at the end of the aisle until the ring portion of the ceremony. Then the groom called the dog who raced up the aisle, up the stairs, behind me (almost knocking me down the steps), to the bride and then to the groom. After the ceremony, he kept trying to herd all the guests together (they wanted to explore the grounds).

I also "married" 2 dogs in a publicity stunt for a B&B that had gone "pet friendly."

• JennaPie
    Super March 2014
    JennaPie ·
    • Flag

I am Smiley smile Our ringbearers will walk my pup (in my pic) down the aisle. She is the "Dog of Honor"

• Rogue Bride
    Super May 2016
    Rogue Bride ·
    • Flag

Nicol, I only offered to pay money because I know it can't be done, lol.

• Piper's Mom
    Expert June 2013
    Piper's Mom ·
    • Flag

Here is Piper biting me at our engagement shoot. Lol she is playing.

We are not having them

Also included one of them looking perfect.

Comment on this discussion