WWKatie
Master January 2016

Who said I love you first?

WWKatie, on November 5, 2015 at 11:04 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 76
Saved Save

I'll never forget the day FH said "I love you"...first! Smiley smile He started crying and everything lol

Did you or FH/FW say "I love you" first?

76 Comments

• Caroline
    Master June 2016
    Caroline ·
    • Flag

FH said it after a month haha. He wears his heart on his sleeve.

To be honest, I didn't say it back right away. I needed a bit of time to get to the same spot he was, but I fully appreciated his honesty. He didn't take any offence to me not saying it back right away, he just said he wanted me to know how he felt.

• Chantel
    Master May 2014
    Chantel ·
    • Flag

He said it first...after he had known me for like 2 weeks.. I was like this guy is nuts. But this is from someone who said he would marry me on our second date. Weirdo. Lol

Master February 2016
    ****** ·
    • Flag

I did, about 3 months in, right after he licked my face.

• VWCat
    Master October 2015
    VWCat ·
    • Flag

I said it first about 4 months in to dating, but I'd been thinking about it for a while. He told it to me about 9 months in to dating and I went "Omg! Really?" and he goes "UH I DON'T KNOW! Yes? Maybe? I don't know!" That response crushed me, so I didn't push. He didn't say it again until we'd been dating for just over a year. It's funny because he went out of town during new year's that year, and I went to a NYE party with his friends. His friend (who was also a GM) and I had a drunken moment where he sang "Hey Jude" to me as a way of telling me that my now-DH really did love me just didn't know how to say it. Oh the memories!

• M
    Master July 2015
    m ·
    • Flag

I said it in my sleep TWO days in. He said it the next day.

We're nuts.

• cjs_mommy_337
    Super July 2016
    cjs_mommy_337 ·
    • Flag

I did. He had come with me to my baby's grave. It was then that I knew I'd spend the rest of my life with him.

• CareBear
    VIP March 2016
    CareBear ·
    • Flag

My FH said it first. I so wasnt on the same level as him for a long long time. It took me a little bit longer to let my guard down and him in. Glad he stayed for the long haul Smiley smile

• TheRascal
    Super July 2016
    TheRascal ·
    • Flag

FH did! About four months into dating. We were on a weekend trip to Philly and were hanging out in bed. I said it right after.

• Diana
    Super September 2016
    Diana ·
    • Flag

I did, he said it back and then took it back right after saying he felt like he had to say it......so embarrassing

but guess who loves who more now? muaahahahah

• Mrs. Mac
    Master July 2016
    Mrs. Mac ·
    • Flag

I said it first and he said, "Thank God, because I'm so in love with you too!"

• MrsMem<3
    Expert May 2016
    MrsMem<3 ·
    • Flag

I said I love you first about 2 months in he said it back about 2 months later, He was a little put off by me i felt when i first said it but i think we were ( are ) so young he wasn't thinking about love but i sure was, I a happy he has since changed his mind. lol

• SamanthaRay
    Expert August 2016
    SamanthaRay ·
    • Flag

He did, after about 2 week into our relationship...but we have known each other forever so it just felt right Smiley smile

• Lauren
    Devoted January 2016
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

He did, two and a half weeks in. I was telling him that it was crazy how connected we were after so short a time, and he said, "Uh, yeah...speaking of that...I love you!"

• Jenn B
    Master September 2015
    Jenn B ·
    • Flag

He did. Three weeks in. AND on valentine's day.... so cliche, i know.

I said it back- but it was probably around month 4 that i REALLY felt it.

• Reese
    Master July 2015
    Reese ·
    • Flag

I almost said it in the cheesiest (but still cute) way, with an "I love you" sweettart heart. But I chickened out. He said it for real that same night walking me to my car.

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·
    • Flag

Herm- I think he did- I know he KNEW before I did. no wait- hold on- I SAID it first... but I knew he wanted to.

He didn't want to say it b/c he didn't want to scare me off- which would have been a reality- I have strong feelings about saying "I love you" and I made a mini self promise I wouldn't say it again till I was ready to get married- I remember being at his place and I think he kissed me and it was just that- just a kiss with literally no intentions other than that- was probably 1.5 year in? and it was like this overwhelming moment of relief that I knew he wanted to be with me for me- not to screw me or use me (hello baggage- thanks to the fucking party).

And I just remember feeling very safe- and scared at the same time- and I started crying and he was like- what's wrong? And I said- "I think I love you"

It was kind of a surprise to me- I wasn't expecting to be in love with him at all- he goes- well I know I love you (tears in his eyes at this point)... I just didn't want to say it.

oiy- man that was a while ago. happy warm fuzzies- and remembering that ugly ass comforter on his bed.

dem's some memories- wow.

• Chantel
    Master July 2016
    Chantel ·
    • Flag

So many early birds! I had an ex that I felt said it way too early, so my relationship with FH went a lot slower. He said it first and it was like 10 months in. We both felt it before then, but he waited until Valentine's Day to say it, lol. It's was pretty friggin' adorable.

• Angela
    Dedicated October 2015
    Angela ·
    • Flag

This is a good one

It was maybe the 4th or 5th time that DH and I hung out and spent time together. I was leaving his house and on my way out I kissed him goodbye and said "love you bye", and I said it so naturally lol. He just looked at me like wtf and so did I and I started walking away and I said well I dont blame you if you dont call me haha

After that we just joked about it, and when we were more serious about saying I love you, we started to say "Olive you", and eventually said that real thing haha

• Rhonda
    Devoted October 2015
    Rhonda ·
    • Flag

I said it first. It came out like a natural reaction to the true love and appreciation I felt for his knight in shining armor protection. I had just come out of a very abusive relationship. My abusive ex would stalk me, and once had pushed his way into my apartment one day after I got in from work. He was outside my bathroom door while I was going to the bathroom. I was so violated. And scared. I was dating my now husband for a few months at the time, and he came to my house every day, after work, to make sure that this ex would never do something like that again. Husband is 6'3" my ex is 5' 7" so it worked like a charm. He never stalked me again. The week that this started, and he provided his "protection services" lol, I blurted out "I Love You" and he said he loved me too.

• Future Mrs S
    VIP January 2016
    Future Mrs S ·
    • Flag

FH said it first. He had come over one night, placed a bouquet of flowers on my windshield and texted me that I should go outside and see how pretty the moon looked that night. So of course I did, saw the flowers, looked around....didn't see him. FH snuck up behind me, wrapped his arms around me and whispered "I love you" in my ear. It was so sweet.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics