kysweetheart
Super October 2013

Who paid for your wedding?

kysweetheart, on October 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM Posted in Planning 0 67
Saved Save

My FH has paid for ours!

I feel so proud of us. It's the first time we've ever come together on something like that. He brought me money each week and I budgeted it out. In the beginning I was distraught because my dad was a jerk and wouldn't pay for mine like her had my sister's wedding....BUT.....I'm actually really glad now because it's brought me and FH closer together!

67 Comments

• S
    VIP October 2014
    SoontobeMrsGlover ·
    • Flag

Thats awseome! Unfortunately our parents arent financially able to do alot so my FH and I are paying for everything as well. But I dont mind at all because not one person, family member, no one gets a sayso.. Just his opinion and mines.. LOL Your wedding is so close!!! So exciting and Congrads!!

• FutureMrsG.
    Super February 2014
    FutureMrsG. ·
    • Flag

My parents 75%, us 20% & FMIL 5%

• m&m love<3
    Expert April 2014
    m&m love<3 ·
    • Flag

I know my parents Would have loved to help us out somehow, but they are not great financially and i wouldn't dream of taking their money!!! My FH and I are paying for everything and proud to do so. It'll be simple and within budget but all thanks to our hard work as a couple.... <3

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

Thanks SoontobeMrsGlover! It's a major accomplishment to plan and pay for your own wedding...not dissing other brides who are fortunate enough to have parents who will pay for it...but it feels good knowing you did it! Happy Planning! You're almost at the one-year mark!

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

We are. We're a little old to be asking, or expecting, anything from our parents.

• FutureMrsZottola
    Master July 2015
    FutureMrsZottola ·
    • Flag

Me and my FI are planning on paying 20K while my dad says he is going to try and give us 5K.... my Mimi (mom's mom) has been an ANGEL and has given us all the money needed for down deposits so that was a HUGE help. Now that we have everything booked we just plan on putting every single extra penny we have into a wedding acct we have at the bank and are praying for the best... I am so scared that we won't have enough to pay everything off when it comes down to the wire but fingers crossed!

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

@ FutureMrsGuevara...that's a great split! everyone is involved at least!

@ Mirna...i completely understand. my mom is at poverty level and would love to be able to help us, but simply cannot. so instead, she's helping arrange stuff. i view all her hardwork as more valuable than money.

• Kyersten
    Super May 2014
    Kyersten ·
    • Flag

50/50 us and my parents Smiley smile

• Jackie
    VIP July 2014
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

My parents gave us $750, his parents are supposed to give us $500 but im not sure yet, and we are covering the rest, of which we only have $700 left to pay before July

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

Haha @ Paris....i understand! there comes a time when you just shouldn't. lol

@ Ashley...that's quite a wedding! happy planning!

@ Amy A...that's pretty good. at least everyone was able to be involved.

• Jess08
    Super July 2013
    Jess08 ·
    • Flag

Mostly us. My parents paid a few K. Our budget was about $15K which included HM, rings (I think) and anything wedding related including per-maritial counseling.

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

@ Kyersten....that's nice. i would've enjoyed that. take at least half the financial burden off! :-)

@ Jackie....now that's an affordable wedding! i love it!

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

Wow Jess! we would've eloped if our budget had been set at 15K. but hey, that's what makes us all different. our whole wedding is under 5K with 200 guests!

• Andre'ya
    Master March 2014
    Andre'ya ·
    • Flag

My dad is...he's set on traditional.values and ways (hoorah for us)

• Nadine
    VIP August 2015
    Nadine ·
    • Flag

I am very lucky. My parents are paying for our wedding. We never had a lot of money growing up and always lived in apartments so its not something I expected. Me and my Fh do not have a lot of money either. So I am so very thankful!

• Ab
    Master October 2011
    Ab ·
    • Flag

All Me. (dad paid for the limo since he insisted I have one.)

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

@ Andre'ya....that's awesome! you're blessed!

@ Nadine...it's a wonderful thing that they are able to give you that!

i love it! gives me warm fuzzies! :-)

• kysweetheart
    Super October 2013
    kysweetheart ·
    • Flag

@ Ab....that's great! be proud of yourself! that's quite an accomplishment!

• Mrs. A
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. A ·
    • Flag

We are paying for most of it. My mom is paying for my dress and accessories which was really sweet of her. My FMIL and FFIL are paying for the church and the DJ which was also very nice.

• M2H
    Master September 2013
    M2H ·
    • Flag

We did pretty much everything ourselves. His mom gave us a few grand because she had done the same for one of his brothers weddings. But i would say 92% was paid by us.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics