Erika*
Super October 2015

Which vendors do you tip?

Erika*, on November 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 8
Saved Save

So I'm figuring out our budget for each vendor and I wanted to include tips in those budgets. The last thing I want is to be out of money and to have forgotten tips!! So which vendors are you supposed to tip? DOC? Florist? Catering? Etc... I'm going to set out a tip jar for the bartender (for an open bar) so aside from paying the fee should we tip him as well or whatever tips he makes he keeps? And also how much percentage do you tip vendors?? I'm so lost.

8 Comments

• Lisa
    VIP September 2014
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

I can't access it at work but Martha Stewart has a great cheat sheet for this!

• Sammy
    VIP October 2014
    Sammy ·
    • Flag

I read you don't have to tip if they own the business bc all the profit goes directly to them. My videographers, photographer, and dj all own their own business. I'm tipping the venue wait staff and bartender.

• N
    Expert December 2013
    NusAG ·
    • Flag

Found this tip sheet awhile back.

• J&B
    Master September 2013
    J&B ·
    • Flag

We tipped the Banquet Manager, Head Chef and DJ. Also, hair & make-up.

Gratuity for bartenders & servers was included in our venue price.

• Ashley
    VIP September 2014
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I will be tipping all our vendors so long as they meet/ exceed our expectations. I can't answer how much that will be though, as I don't know yet.

• C
    Master July 2014
    csquid ·
    • Flag

I read this the other day to get an idea...

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/wedding-vendor-tipping-cheat-sheet.aspx

All tipping for our venue people (head waiter, bartenders, wait staff, etc.) is included in the total amount we owe the venue. I've also read if a vendor owns the company you don't tip them (like my photographer) but I'm planning on tipping based on how well they met/exceeded our expectations.

• Erika*
    Super October 2015
    Erika* ·
    • Flag

Thanks for the advice everyone!! Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion