Weddinglover1991
Dedicated August 2018

Where would rather go on a bachelorette

Weddinglover1991, on November 5, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Posted in Planning 73

- Nashville - Charlottesville - New Orleans - Savanah How much would you feel comfortable spelling on the trip?

- Nashville

- Charlottesville

- New Orleans

- Savanah

How much would you feel comfortable spelling on the trip?

73 Comments

• JennV
    Master October 2017
    JennV ·
    • Flag

My friend's bachelorette will be in Nashville. Her bridesmaids live all over the country so regardless, they'd have to fly. Of course I don't think she would be mad if anyone couldn't make it happen. We are getting an AIRBNB on a lake.

• Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·
    • Flag

Charlottesville is good if you want to winery hop. That's where I'm getting married so I'm biased. However it is expensive for hotels, no matter the time of year there.

• MrsMcK
    VIP September 2017
    MrsMcK ·
    • Flag

Whatever is closest for those attending.

I agree with some PP that bachelorette parties have gotten fucking out of control.

• D
    Just Said Yes April 2018
    Doneika ·
    • Flag

New Orleans

• Dana
    Expert August 2018
    Dana ·
    • Flag

New Orleans first Savannah second i think all of those places are affordable. Not like you're going to Las Vegas or Miami

• Rachel
    Super May 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

Nashville is sooooo much fun and super affordable! There is downtown bar scene, but also some awesome wineries and historical tours and bar crawls. So much to do!

• Mrs. DeNigris
    VIP October 2017
    Mrs. DeNigris ·
    • Flag

I've always wanted to go to Nashville, and I've heard it's an awesome spot for a destination bachelorette. Have a blast whatever you do!! :-)

• H
    November 2018
    happeningmom ·
    • Flag

For my daughters bachelorette party her Matron of Honor is planning a trip to Savannah, Miami Beach, or somewhere like that. It all depends on your group of girls, what everyone can afford and if they want to go. Not everyone will be able to attend but everyone will be given the option. The Maid of Honor will be paying of the hotel room for the bride and will attempt to keep it reasonable for everyone. The bride should chose the location and then have whoever is planning try to keep the costs reasonable. Also, if enough advance notice is given most should be able to attend as they can save for the event. Just my opinion.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

New Orleans is my favorite bachelorette location by far!! If you stay in the French Quarter then everything is walk-able, and the open container policy is a huge plus Smiley smile There are awesome things to see just walking around, lot of touristy activities if that's what you want to do, and also plenty of bars! Restaurants there are also great with big groups!

I've actually never been on a Nashville bachelorette - but I've heard it's an awesome place for bach parties!

Charlottesville is really cute and has fun cheap bars. There are also a lot of wineries if you wanted to do some wine tours!

• Millie
    Expert April 2018
    Millie ·
    • Flag

Savanah

• KDoubleU
    VIP October 2017
    KDoubleU ·
    • Flag

My MOH surprised me with a trip to Nashville and it was great! Soooo many bachelorette parties but it was a great time.

• Orchids
    Master March 2018
    Orchids ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't travel for a bachelorette. :/

• Shannan
    Dedicated June 2018
    Shannan ·
    • Flag

I would love to go to new orleans ive never been!!!!

• Shannan
    Dedicated June 2018
    Shannan ·
    • Flag

I love getaways with the girls!!!! They are always worth the trip for me!!!

Savannah allows open container as well

• C
    Beginner November 2018
    christina ·
    • Flag

Omg went tNew Orleans for a friends party was sooo fun had it all, spas, unbelievably great food, good parties, warm and tour spots-! I highly suggest.

• G
    Dedicated April 2019
    Gaby ·
    • Flag

New Orleans

• Stephanie
    Expert March 2017
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

I had my own bachlorette party in Nashville and it was great!a The food was really good too! They booked an air b&b that was super cute!! We did a cycle tour thing at night which was fun and I love country music so we went to the hall of fame and some other cool stuff. I attended my friends bachlorette a couple years ago in Savanna which was also a lot of fun! I planned my friends bachlorette in Austin which is also a great place to go!! I've been to Charlottesville and don't really consider it a place to go for that, but I could be wrong. Either place you choose have fun!!! and do you! People get so worked up about the destination bachlorette/bachelor parties. yes they can be pricey but they have been some of the best trips I have been on with my friends exploring new places together.

• F
    Expert September 2018
    FutrureMrsA ·
    • Flag

Nashville! we went to Nashville for my best friends bachelorette party and we rented a house on

airBNB and it was the cutest house ever! not far from downtown Nashville we just took some Ubers it was a 5-10 min drive and saved everyone money on eating out and hotel rooms.

• Trish
    Devoted November 2017
    Trish ·
    • Flag

I vote Charlottesville for the wineries (and breweries if those are more your thing).

• Janel
    Super September 2018
    Janel ·
    • Flag

New Orleans or Nashville- few hundred

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics