Weddinglover1991
Dedicated August 2018

Where would rather go on a bachelorette

Weddinglover1991, on November 5, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Posted in Planning 73

- Nashville - Charlottesville - New Orleans - Savanah How much would you feel comfortable spelling on the trip?

- Nashville

- Charlottesville

- New Orleans

- Savanah

How much would you feel comfortable spelling on the trip?

73 Comments

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Savannah or Nashville! I love destination Bachelorette parties! My favorite girls weekends!!!

• jillcaroline
    Dedicated April 2018
    jillcaroline ·
    • Flag

We're going to Nola. I've been to one in Savannah too, and it was a lot of fun. I wouldn't recommend Nashville.

• J. Clo
    Master May 2018
    J. Clo ·
    • Flag

New Orleans

• Amanda
    Master October 2018
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

I have never been but I hear all the time how amazing new Orleans is .. we are considering it for a honeymoon

• Deanna
    VIP October 2018
    Deanna ·
    • Flag

Nashville, but I'm a huge fan of Chicago so that would be my number one pick Smiley tongue

• HowCo Industries
    VIP September 2018
    HowCo Industries ·
    • Flag

I'm an Uber driver in Charleston, so I constantly have a car load of bachelorettes. Know your audience! I had one party that miserably followed as the bride tried to find Shep from Southern Charm all weekend. (I tried to send them to places that were fun and I knew he frequented but she had some crazy list.) Most fun looked to be the girls who woke up super early, watched the sun rise on the beach in their pajamas then drank bloody Marys before Ubering back to their hotel to get dressed for the day.

• K squared
    Super October 2017
    K squared ·
    • Flag

My pick would be Nashville but my budget for a destination Bachelorette right now is $0, even if you were my best friend. I'd let your bridesmaids plan it completely. That way, they, not you,can decide how much they're comfortable spending. Asking a bunch of strangers on the internet isn't going to give you a greater insight into your friends budgets.

• Constance
    VIP October 2017
    Constance ·
    • Flag

Nashville because I could drive there. Honestly, the only person I'd be willing to shell out extra cash and vacation time for is my sister.

If your BP can afford the travel, hotel, food, etc. All power to ya.

• Bride2Be2018
    VIP January 2018
    Bride2Be2018 ·
    • Flag

I've never been to Charlotsville...but I would be down for any of the other options. Destination bachelorettes and weddings are pretty typical for the weddings I have been in. We are going to San Diego for mine next weekend actually. Some people were excited to do a destination bachelorette and were on board, and some couldn't afford it and are opting not to go due to that. I would have been bored AF staying local in South Florida. We did a local wedding for convenience for our guests. but MOH was excited for a destination and went with it. I don't think you need to sacrifice a trip you want to enjoy as long as others are actually excited and on board. Those that can't afford can choose not to go.

• Weddinglover1991
    Dedicated August 2018
    Weddinglover1991 ·
    • Flag

All my friends have said that they think a girls trip somewhere would be fun so I hope they don't feel pressured. I suggested doing something local and they were like no we want to do something more special (their words not mine). So I don't think out of town is a crazy idea, at least for me.

• Kinkerb
    Dedicated August 2018
    Kinkerb ·
    • Flag

I love New Orleans! So much to do and see during the day and great nightlife.

• Bride2Be2018
    VIP January 2018
    Bride2Be2018 ·
    • Flag

@Elephant then sounds like thats what you should do! Where do you guys live...East Coast or West Coast?

• Melissa
    Expert June 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I think New Orleans sounds like so much fun. Last year I got to do a bachelorette party in Vegas for a friend that I've moved away from. Unfortunately, it was much more expensive than I had expected or budgeted for and I wasn't able to bounce back financially enough to attend the wedding a month and a half later. But I also had to option of attending the trip. I chose to go. I don't see anything wrong with taking a girls trip, especially if there's time for them to save. Travel is the best way to spend money in my opinion.

• FutureFuji
    VIP September 2017
    FutureFuji ·
    • Flag

NOLA.

• Akelah
    Savvy May 2018
    Akelah ·
    • Flag

New Orleans

• Bride2Be2018
    VIP January 2018
    Bride2Be2018 ·
    • Flag

@Melissa yeah vegas is super expensive!! I also went on my friends bachelorette a couple of years ago in Vegas when I was in grad school...ended up spending over $1000 and couldn't afford her destination wedding. She was totally understandable and was happy I went to the bachelorette. It was super fun and no regrets!

• Rae
    Devoted September 2018
    Rae ·
    • Flag

I think I answered your last question about Charlottesville bachelorette...but I will say it would be a lot more relaxing trip than others on this list. There's a downtown but it's not too big for a party scene. It's really a place for if you're a wine or beer lover. So if your girls like wine tastings and mountains and history, then go to Charlottesville, if not then one of the other cities.(ETA: Just thought I'd toss in a vote for C-ville since people haven't been there!)

• Laura
    Just Said Yes January 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I haven't been to Charlottesville or Savannah but the parking is awful in New Orleans. I'd go with Nashville. Plus Tequila Cowboy doesn't have a cover charge if you get there early enough. And a mechanical bull Smiley laugh

• Future Mrs. G
    VIP February 2018
    Future Mrs. G ·
    • Flag

Nashville, hands down. And if my friends wanted to go there, I'd be on board 100% and I wouldn't think anyone is being a bridezilla for it. If you can afford it, go, if not, stay home. Simple as that.

• Yoomie
    VIP October 2018
    Yoomie ·
    • Flag

New Orleans all the way. My designation bachelorette will be in New Orleans (the BMs live on the East Coast and one on the West Cost). I was concerned about the cost of a destination bachlorette and didn't want bridal party to spend more than $500/person for the whole weekend so I offered to rent the AirBnB apartment near the French Quarter. So far, seven people can make it (of ten).

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics