Dedicated August 2018

Where would rather go on a bachelorette

Weddinglover1991, on November 5, 2017 at 10:50 PM Posted in Planning 0 73
Saved Save

- Nashville

- Charlottesville

- New Orleans

- Savanah

How much would you feel comfortable spelling on the trip?

73 Comments

• MrsLabrec
    VIP October 2017
    MrsLabrec ·
    • Flag

Since when the hell did bachelorettes get so crazy? I'm sorry. If any of my friends asked to legit get on an airplane and fly just to party. I'd put them in check. They get so out of control. All those locations from me are only reached by flying. There is no need to spend 1K's on a last fling. I'm sorry. Some brides have such high standards.

• Kortnee C
    Savvy August 2018
    Kortnee C ·
    • Flag

Going on a trip with your girls is fun!! A lot of people on this site are always putting it down. Are any of those places within driving distance to you? Airfare starts to get pricey and might be asking a lot if your bridesmaids, besides road trips are the best Smiley smile

• Rachelxoxo
    Savvy October 2018
    Rachelxoxo ·
    • Flag

Nashville! Do what you want!! Experience things while you can with people you love. I'd be ok spending 200$ but u know some people are in school and have other priorities. Just don't expect everyone to come

• danilaughs
    Expert August 2018
    danilaughs ·
    • Flag

I've taken big trips with my girlfriends before. If they wanna do another one and call it my bachelorette, fine by me. Don't assume she's being a bridezilla because of a destination BP, especially one that is obviously concentrated in the SE quadrant of the US. They're not even leaving the country.

Eta OP, I love New Orleans!

• MrsLabrec
    VIP October 2017
    MrsLabrec ·
    • Flag

I'm not calling her a bridezilla. I'm just saying you need to be understand of people finances and be respectful. To me: if I was asked this right now. I wouldn't be able to go. Not with a house. Bills. Just being a newlywed myself. No. I feel like people obsess over it too much. Being with your closest friends should be enough. Regardless of what dollar amount you spend.

• MrsLabrec
    VIP October 2017
    MrsLabrec ·
    • Flag

Lol obviously cause she's a stranger. Right that's IF her girlfriends are okay with it. Some may not be okay with is. That's awesome you girls do that. I do fun things with our friends as well. I'm just saying some people may not be able to swing it.

• Hannah
    Devoted June 2018
    Hannah ·
    • Flag

It totally depends on the vibe you're going for. Savannah is absolutely gorgeous but not that much of a party scene. New Orleans and Nashville are more of that vibe. I enjoy New Orleans!

• snowangel
    Super March 2017
    snowangel ·
    • Flag

The destination bachelorette parties I've been too have all been within a 5 hour drive for me, and even without flying I usually end up spending upwards of $500. Once you factor in hotels, gas money, and meals for the weekend if there isn't a kitchenette where you are staying, it all adds up. If any of those places are a reasonable drive and you can find a cheaper air bnb or something, I would try to make that work. But once airfare and taking days off work gets involved, just expect that not all of your girls will be able to swing it.

• MrsLabrec
    VIP October 2017
    MrsLabrec ·
    • Flag

Nah it's not a summons. But then again sometimes you have bridezillas who want the world to revolve around them and would cry about how maybe one girl couldn't make it. But would leave out the fact. Maybe she simply couldn't afford it. So to each their own! Have fun.

• Weddinglover1991
    Dedicated August 2018
    Weddinglover1991 ·
    • Flag

Just to be clear all of my bridesmaids have said they want to do a destination bachelorette! They want me to choose where to go though and then they will plan all the details. Just trying to get help picking the spot.

• MrsLabrec
    VIP October 2017
    MrsLabrec ·
    • Flag

@elephantlove- awesome! Glad your girls are all on board. That's great Smiley smile have fun.

Savannah is so historic so I'd choose there

• M
    VIP November 2017
    M ·
    • Flag

I would go to New Orleans for sure Smiley smile trips with good friends are the best.

• Kolby
    Just Said Yes August 2018
    Kolby ·
    • Flag

I'm partial to New Orleans but only because I am from there. I always tell people you have the best experience if you know someone from the city. Enjoy no matter where you go!

• Aspen
    Beginner July 2021
    Aspen ·
    • Flag

I love Nashville

• Margarita
    Dedicated December 2017
    Margarita ·
    • Flag

Nashville, BUT can all your girls afford this? You state's big city would suffice and be easy on the pocketbook. I live in NY, and I did NYC. Cheap and local for me and my girls

• SpringBride2018
    Super April 2018
    SpringBride2018 ·
    • Flag

Nashville I think is too cliche. I love Nashville and that's where my girls wanted to go for mine, but I personally did not want mine there. Just make sure that your girls are planning this and can afford this.

• Ashley
    VIP March 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I agree 100% with @FutureMrsLabrec. This party sounds crazy expensive and while an invitation is not a summons, I think a lot of people will feel pressured to feel yes. No one wants to be the one person who doesn't go.

• HufflePuffin
    Devoted June 2018
    HufflePuffin ·
    • Flag

I would pick Savannah (1st pick) or New Orleans. They both have party streets where you can carry your booze out into the street and don't have to stay holed up in the bars. Also, Wet Willies!

Savannah is my first pick since you're also near Tybee Island and can go to the beach one day.

• Celia Milton
    February 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

Downtown (of course, for me that's NYC..... Honestly, the expectations of wedding party spending climb to the absurd more every year. The time, the money, the anticipation of a riotous time? And what are the odds of every BM having an extra 500-1000. to throw around, beyond the dress and gifts.

No thank you. Go local, have fun, don't go broke.

• HufflePuffin
    Devoted June 2018
    HufflePuffin ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't be too worried about people feeling pressured to go to a destination bach. I'm having one in FL and out of the roughly 20 ladies invited (I have a lot of female cousins over 21), only 6 are going. And only 2 out of 4 BMs are going. People will say no if it's something they aren't interested in spending money on as long as you don't pressure them to say yes.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics