Alex
Just Said Yes May 2015

Where to buy a used wedding dress- in store.

Alex, on April 20, 2014 at 7:57 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved Save

Dear All,

I'm looking into buying a used wedding dressed to save funds. I know there are a lot of websites where I can do this, but I'd really prefer to go to a store and try things on etc. Do any of you know of any second-hand bridal stores in the Baltimore, Md/Washington D.C. area? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

8 Comments

• WeddingDestinationItaly
    Master May 2014
    WeddingDestinationItaly ·
    • Flag

No, but many stores allow you to buy samples or discontinued gowns to make room on the floor, normally at a discount. It wouldn't hurt to ask. Happy hunting for your dream gown!

• Alex
    Just Said Yes May 2015
    Alex ·
    • Flag

Thanks! I'll look into that as well.

• Staci
    VIP July 2014
    Staci ·
    • Flag

Have you tried looking at a thrift store? I know that most of the thrift stores here in my town have a small selection of dresses.

• Mina
    Super June 2015
    Mina ·
    • Flag

Look up "bridal consignment" and you may have some luck. I did a quick google for the dc/md area and found this:

http://www.thebridalsuitemd.com/

Good luck!

• Mrs.ChanelNewNew
    VIP November 2014
    Mrs.ChanelNewNew ·
    • Flag

Check consignment stores in the area

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

Check out I Do I Do in Gaithersburg. Or St. Anthony's Bridal in Rockville (very limited hours, but all gowns are $150 plus tax). Or if you're willing to go a bit farther afield, we had a wonderful experience and ended up getting both our dresses at La Bella Bridal in Occoquan.

• Kasey C.
    Super May 2016
    Kasey C. ·
    • Flag

There is this little gown shop in Lynchburg, VA called Church Street Bridal.. it may be a drive, but totally worth it. They carry sample gowns, never been used just tried on, from big name designers, such as Kleinfield. I got my Justin Alexander dress for $350 and it was originally $2400.. and there was nothing wrong with it, just needed cleaning. they have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/churchstreetbridal you can go there, add them as a friend, and look through their photo albums at their dresses. they also ship dresses too!

ETA- they are a non-profit organization for abused women and kid's, so all proceed's go towards a great cause!

hope that helps!

• Kasey C.
    Super May 2016
    Kasey C. ·
    • Flag

Here's one from their facebook page..

Dennis Basso - designer.

$3,900 - original price.

$400 - Church Street price.

Comment on this discussion