C
Dedicated July 2019

Where did you register?

Caitlin, on January 10, 2019 at 2:22 PM Posted in Registry 0 10
Saved Save
My fiancé and I have been living together for years and don’t have a super extensive list of things on our registry. That being said, I have still registered for some “luxuries” we don’t have and for things we want to upgrade (various price ranges). I registered at Macy’s, on Amazon, and using Zola’s registry.

My mom is giving me a hard time saying that I should have more brick and mortar stores because people aren’t going to want to pay shipping on top of a gift. Should I add another?

Where did you register and why did/didn’t you like it?

10 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    I registered through Zola. But originally I did Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

You have Macy's, a brick and mortar. So you are fine! We just did Amazon. I honestly don't remember the last time me/my parents/friends went into a store to buy something for a wedding. Then they'd have to bring it to the wedding and that would be inconvenient. I think 3 is great.

• Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    • Flag
    I’m only registered on Zola. I’d rather pay shipping than deal with a store, plus we live out of state so everything has to be shipped anyway.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

I'm not familiar with Zola though I've seen other brides here use them. But Amazon has free shipping and Macy's does too sometimes and they have great sales nearly all the time. So I don't know why your mom is complaining?

I registered at Macy's, Pottery Barn, and Williams Sonoma. Even though those are brick and mortar stores, a lot of the items were shipped to me by my guests. When I'm a guest, I personally prefer going online to buy and ship the present - so much more convenient than going to the mall and dealing with all the people!

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    We had all brick and mortar stores but almost every gift was shipped to our house with the exception of some gifts at our showers. Most people ship gifts nowadays for convenience, I wouldn’t worry about it. Plus amazon has free shipping for prime members which most people are!
  • M
    Super June 2019
    Mary ·
    • Flag
    We've been together for almost 16 years and we registered at bed bath and beyond and Amazon. We are doing the luxury upgrades as well as the stuff no one ever remembers. Like towels, sheets, iron, stuff like that. Things I've been meaning to buy but will never actually get around to buying until you need it. Oh and food storage stuff and cookie sheets.
  • C
    Dedicated July 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    This definitely makes me feel a little better. I thought my options were fine but my mom was worried about guests that are coming to our shower and potentially getting unwanted items because they didn’t know what to purchase.

Thank you for all of your input!
  • Kaitlyn
    Devoted March 2019
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag
    We used zola since they offer free shipping and returns. That was a big deal to me!
  • Tamara
    VIP August 2019
    Tamara ·
    • Flag

We also did Amazon, Macys and added in Crate and Barrel.

• C
    Dedicated July 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Awesome! Zola actually is partnered with Crate and Barrel so I have a few items from there also 😊

Comment on this discussion