Emily O.
VIP June 2016

Where did you order Save the dates?

Emily O., on November 14, 2015 at 7:39 AM Posted in Planning 0 45
Saved Save

Our engagement sneak peaks are in and we've decided which photo we want for our STDs. I love Wedding Paper Divas, but we need to order about 200 STDs (a lot are courtesy STDs) for family we know won't come but want them to have one anyway. That's looking like over $300 before postage and while I don't mind paying that, I would rather go cheaper on STDs and quite a bit more expensive on wedding invitations. I looked at minted, it was more than WPD and we've liked a few things from Vistaprint. Where did you order your STDs from?

45 Comments

• JamieLynn
    Master June 2016
    JamieLynn ·
    • Flag

Hi Emily! I'm in the same boat as you. Just got our E pics back last week. I've been looking for months. I agree, from what I've seen on WPD, the prices are more expensive than other sites I've seen. Vistaprint always has sales running. I love some of the ones on Minted... also check Magnet street, they have some great designs.

Your wedding is the week before ours! When do you plan on sending yours out?

• Nikki
    Master July 2015
    Nikki ·
    • Flag

We ended up getting ours from magnet street.

Www.magnetstreet.com/weddings

• RJmargo
    Master May 2016
    RJmargo ·
    • Flag

We went with Magnets from magnet street. Since it is so close to Black Friday/Cyber Monday, it might be worth seeing what deals Wedding paper divas has. If it's 30-50% off, that could make what you designed more affordable. That's actually when I'm planning to buy my invitations in hopes of a great sale. I think I'm buying my invites from Invitations by Dawn.

• Kristina
    Master September 2016
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

I got mine from Vistaprint and loved them. Just upgrade the paper and good to go.

• Kimi
    Master August 2016
    Kimi ·
    • Flag

I did go with Minted, BUT I only needed 75 total. I spent more than I originally planned, but I wasn't finding what I wanted elsewhere and fell in love with the design.

• AlexisM082
    Master February 2016
    AlexisM082 ·
    • Flag

We got ours from Vista Print and loved them! We purchased 100 for $25 with a coupon code. I do also suggest what Kristina said and upgrade the paper or the photo will turn out funny looking. My FSIL had hers done through Minted and their photos still ended up a little fuzzy looking. Oh! If you have a chase southwest credit card, go through their shopping portal and go to Minted. You'll get 4 or 5 points per dollar you spend. The prices on Minted were too much for us, but if you can, you might as well get those points towards a free honeymoon flight! We've been stocking up on points for over a year. We have a healthy savings lol.

• AlexisM082
    Master February 2016
    AlexisM082 ·
    • Flag

This is the std from Minted

• AlexisM082
    Master February 2016
    AlexisM082 ·
    • Flag

These are ours from Vista Print before upgrading the paper

• MzRosaLu
    Master July 2016
    MzRosaLu ·
    • Flag

Those of you using vistaprint - what did you upgrade the paper to? Did you all choose linen finish?

• Tara
    Super June 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag

I actually went through my photographer, a little more expensive, but great quality and she did all the work! Hoping to send them out next week!

• Sarah195
    Master October 2016
    Sarah195 ·
    • Flag

Vistaprint! 200 magnets for $100!

• annakay511
    Master July 2015
    annakay511 ·
    • Flag

We got our STD magnets from magnet street!

• Delisa
    Master July 2016
    Delisa ·
    • Flag

We used Vistaprint. I am very happy with how they turned out (we did magnets). I also search Google for a coupon and saved an extra $20.

• FutureFireWife13
    Dedicated October 2017
    FutureFireWife13 ·
    • Flag

Check out Simply to Impress. A girlfriend of mine just sent out her STDs & they are adorable. They sent her a few extra STDs, just incase she decided to add to her guest list. Then also included some great coupons for wedding related things for different websites & a $20 gift card for Canvas World to print an engagement photo, or whatever they want onto canvas!

• Emily O.
    VIP June 2016
    Emily O. ·
    • Flag

@JamieLynn Oooh I forgot about Magnet Street. We were planning to send them out right after Christmas. Our coordinator was worried about us sending them during the holidays.

• Jacqui76
    Master May 2016
    Jacqui76 ·
    • Flag

I ordered mine from vistaprint and upgraded the paper, like many others. They look great and the price was fantastic. I didn't want to spend a lot on them because I splurged and bought my invitations from Minted

• Emily O.
    VIP June 2016
    Emily O. ·
    • Flag

@annakay511 what was the price per piece on the magnets? That's what we want, but haven't found magnets in our budget.

• Tamar
    Devoted September 2015
    Tamar ·
    • Flag

I ordered mine through vistaprint like most brides.

Expert August 2016
    3Lol ·
    • Flag

We also did magnets from VistaPrint--150 magnets for $85. I probably could have gotten them cheaper too had I waited for a better coupon code, but I wasn't familiar with VistaPrint when I ordered and didn't know they offered such large percentages off.

• Emily O.
    VIP June 2016
    Emily O. ·
    • Flag

I'm also curious about those of you that upgraded the vista print paper. What did y'all upgrade to?

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics