Thecane428
Expert April 2015

Where did you buy your veil?

Thecane428, on August 22, 2014 at 1:18 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 19
Saved Save

Im looking for a mantilla style cathedral veil but i dont want to shed the $$. I am scared of buying online but if you gals have any good websites or recommendations I am up for it. Thanks!

19 Comments

• Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I bought mine at the same bridal salon I got my dress at...fell in love with a veil and headband on the same appointment (my 1st out shopping!) and got them all at the same time...made things quick and less painless!

I love the mantilla veils, but one wouldn't go with my dress :-(

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·
    • Flag

I made mine.

Lots of girls have gotten theirs for cheap off ebay. I hear you can actually get some great veils from China.

• S
    Dedicated September 2014
    Strawberry Cheeks ·
    • Flag

David's Bridal, where I got my dress. It was on sale, otherwise I would have considered buying one off of eBay or Etsy. Veils are crazy expensive for no reason unless they are hand embroidered.

• Ashley
    VIP April 2015
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

My mom bought mine from DB when I got my dress - she really wanted to get it for me so I let her. Love the veil, but if I was buying my own (which was supposed to happen) I would have looked on ebay or thrift stores - cheaper places. Didn't think it was worth paying that much for, but it made my mom happy Smiley smile

• Kimberly N
    Super May 2014
    Kimberly N ·
    • Flag

Www.weddingfactorydirect.com - they have a great selection. The one I chose was reasonably priced and perfect!

• Mrs.Temme
    VIP September 2014
    Mrs.Temme ·
    • Flag

Where do you live? I bought the same style and didn't want to spend teh $50 Alfred Angelo charges, so I went downtown LA to the fashion district and bought one for $90!

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·
    • Flag

I got mine at a bridal consignment store for $50. I saw the same veil at a bridal store for $150.

• Happily Engaged
    Super September 2014
    Happily Engaged ·
    • Flag

Online isn't so bad. You just need to be sure to get referrals or thoroughly read reviews. I had this same dilemma but just ordered from an Amazon seller. I'm very happy with my $17.99 veil.

• Shamika
    VIP August 2014
    Shamika ·
    • Flag

Www.jjshouse.com bought a beaded elbow length, 2 tiered veil from there for $40 (including shipping - veil itself was only $24.99). I used the standard shipping. Ordered it on Saturday and received it by Tuesday/Wednesday.

• StitchingBride
    Master October 2014
    StitchingBride ·
    • Flag

I just made my veil. it's a mantilla Smiley smile unless I change my mind and alter it a bit or change it all together, which in my case is very possible.;/

• ELFie
    VIP August 2014
    ELFie ·
    • Flag

YuriCWeddingShoppe on Etsy! She did an amazing job and wrote a cute note along with it. I LOVED my veil and spent under $40. I wore it all night!

• Caylin C.
    Master August 2015
    Caylin C. ·
    • Flag

Alfred Angelo, the same place I bought my dress.

• Courtney
    VIP January 2015
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Ebay

• Della
    VIP July 2015
    Della ·
    • Flag

I keep looking, but am nervous about buying on line as well. Definitely following.

• F
    VIP May 2015
    FutureMrs.B ·
    • Flag

Milanoo.com has amazing prices. And the reviews have checked out.

• A
    Super November 2014
    Alison ·
    • Flag

Ebay - $8 including shipping

• C
    Master June 2015
    ChampagneDream ·
    • Flag

My happily married friend is letting me wear hers- it'll be my "something borrowed".

• Karley
    Super November 2014
    Karley ·
    • Flag

I was just going to start the same topic, so thank you! I want something nice, but really don't want to spend a small fortune on something I'll only wear for about an hour.

• MrsLaguna
    VIP April 2015
    MrsLaguna ·
    • Flag

I was originally thinking of going into a bridal store but I know it will be very expensive, so I posted a thread here on WW and mostly everyone said Ebay so I took a shot and that's where I got it. It hasn't come in yet so lets see either way I only spent $20 so if it doesn't work out its not too much of a loss.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics