M
Savvy June 2013

When

M, on September 26, 2012 at 2:50 PM Posted in Planning 0 21
Saved Save

I'm new to planning. We want to get married in June 2013. When should I start booking things??

21 Comments

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

You can start now. Don't know how quickly things get booked in your area, but yeah, now is good.

• Rachel S.
    Master September 2013
    Rachel S. ·
    • Flag

As soon as possible! 1. I don't think it's every too early 2. We're getting married September 2013, and when we booked our venue (in May) there were only 2 fall weekends left 3. June books FAST- I know a toooooon of people getting married in June.

• Cassidy
    Super September 2013
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag

Asap! Some venues/companies will give a discount if you book early.

• Beth
    VIP September 2013
    Beth ·
    • Flag

Now. I am setting married in September 2013 and we have already run into problems with things being booked.

• FMC
    Master June 2012
    FMC ·
    • Flag

We were married June 2012..we booked over a year out. Our florist and baker were booked for June a year out.

• MistysoontobeBell
    Master October 2013
    MistysoontobeBell ·
    • Flag

Welcome to WW!!! I agree start now. We are not getting married until 10/05/2013 but we have already picked and held our venue. We will be going to sign the contract soon.

• Leanna T.
    VIP March 2013
    Leanna T. ·
    • Flag

Definitely NOW. I started booking things in March.

• Christine
    Devoted September 2013
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Agreed, I'd get going, especially if you have anything really specific that you know you want in terms of venue, catering, etc. I actually booked my venue BEFORE I got engaged because it was filling up too quickly and I was worried!

• Sara
    VIP May 2013
    Sara ·
    • Flag

Now! It is competitive and you may find some desirable vendors already are booker!

I am getting married in May 2013, and I have had the venue, DOC, and DJ booked since March; booked the officiant in April; the caterer in May. Somewhere along the way, my mom booked the salon for hair & make-up. We are currently working on photographers and are finding that many are already booked. We have a meeting soon with one who I think might be the one *fingers crossed*. We also plan on reserving our hotel rooms very soon. We are DIY-ing flowers and cake, so no worries on booking florist or baker. And we are not having video. Any vendors I am missing??

• Amy
    Super June 2013
    Amy ·
    • Flag

I echo the ladies here. I am 6/28/13 and I have all my vendors booked except the florist, and that is only because I can't decide if i want a florist or I want DIY flowers.

• Lizz M.
    Master March 2013
    Lizz M. ·
    • Flag

Yep, now. Set your budget first, and go from there. We booked everything a year in advance.

• Labake
    Master June 2012
    Labake ·
    • Flag

Yep June it a very popular month. I booked my venue 15 months out, photographer 1 year out.

Start with a budget and then book.

PS- if anyone is offering you money but you don't have it yet, please don't count it towards your budget.

• MyLove&HisMrs.
    VIP November 2014
    MyLove&HisMrs. ·
    • Flag

You want to book as soon as possible. Your date in private (I understand) and most places won't let you book more than 1 year out.

• Jen H.
    Master October 2012
    Jen H. ·
    • Flag

Yes now. Things will start booking up fast!

• USF_Bride
    Expert October 2013
    USF_Bride ·
    • Flag

As others have said, start now! The nice thing about starting early is that you have more options because things aren't already booked and you can also have more time to pay things off/save up.

I had found a photographer that I really liked and I talked to him about a month ago for our October 2013 wedding and he had already been booked since April!

You don't want to have to settle on the only vendors that are left after all the wonderful ones are booked up.

• nextMrsD
    Dedicated June 2015
    nextMrsD ·
    • Flag

I say book now. I'm also a June 2013 bride, and I found that most weekends where starting to be booked already. If I wasn't having a weekday destination wedding I would have had to find other venues.

• Private User
    VIP July 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Immediately. I am getting married July 5, 2013 and have most everything booked. When I went to look at venues in May 2012, they were booked through June 2013. You'll be able to find things, but if it is a Saturday, you'll already run into vendors that are already booked at this point. Don't panic, but do hurry. My two cents.

• *Future Mrs. B*
    VIP May 2013
    *Future Mrs. B* ·
    • Flag

ASAP!!! I booked my venue back in april and the day i went to give my deposit the owner said that they already had all the saturdays in MAY and JUNE booked! Im so glad I booked early!

• Combay
    Master April 2013
    Combay ·
    • Flag

Depending how busy wedding season gets in your area, you would have wanted to start already, but it's no biggie. June is a busy month in a lot of place and if you're selecting a place that everyone likes, you will have more trouble. You can check through here for local areas or search google for your city wedding venues and other things.

• M
    Savvy June 2013
    M ·
    • Flag

Thanks for the advice!

I just finished a long talk with M and we've set the budget. We want something small and intimate. We're thinking of doing a backyard wedding. That means I'll get more money to spend on my dress! I have a friend who is going to take the photos (she's really good but just starting out). My mom and sisters said they'd make the food for us. We're going to do a cash bar but we have to make sure Uncle Hank stays away (recovering alcoholic). It feels good to have some things figured out though.

Comment on this discussion