B
Dedicated March 2018

When to buy bridesmaids gifts?

Baylee, on November 9, 2017 at 11:54 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved Save

I know what I want to get my bridesmaids, however, I'm scared to actually pull the trigger and buy them because I don't wanna get stuck in a financial situation if one of my bridesmaids can't afford their dress or something like that. I'm 99% sure 3 out of 4 of my bridesmaids will be able to buy their dress, There is just one that I am scared I might be stuck with buying her dress. I won't be able to afford a dress and get her gifts so I don't know what to do. Did anyone wait until after everyone bought their bridesmaids dress to buy the gifts or did you buy it before? If so were you sorry you did?

6 Comments

• B
    Dedicated March 2018
    Baylee ·
    • Flag

They already are my bridesmaids, I was buying the gifts to give out at the rehersal dinner.

• VC
    Super April 2018
    VC ·
    • Flag

You can buy them at any time, but I recommend holding off until maybe January or February.

• Meghan S.
    Super June 2017
    Meghan S. ·
    • Flag

I bought mine on black Friday/cyber Monday, so I ended up with some good deals. If you already know what you want to buy them, it wouldn't hurt to look and see if the items will be on sale.

• TheWrightGirl
    Super November 2017
    TheWrightGirl ·
    • Flag

I started buying gifts in September and will get one more thing for them next week. I would wait a little while before you do it, especially if one of your bridesmaids have come into an unexpected financial bind and you offer to purchase her dress.

• snowangel
    Super March 2017
    snowangel ·
    • Flag

My wedding was at the end of March too, and I bought most of the bridesmaid gifts during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. I guess it was a little early, but I saved soooo much money! You're getting pretty close to your date. Where are you getting the dresses from? If you're planning on ordering from a bridal salon, you're cutting it very close since those dresses can take months to come in and have alterations done....

• Future Mrs M
    Super June 2018
    Future Mrs M ·
    • Flag

I am buying most of mine on black friday/cyber monday.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics