K
Beginner October 2020

When do i register

kaley, on August 10, 2018 at 2:05 PM Posted in Registry 0 15
Saved Save
When should I start to register and plan a bridel party???

15 Comments

• B11
    Super May 2019
    B11 ·
    Someone else should plan a bridal shower for you. It’s is considered rude and poor etiquette to throw a gift giving event in your honor. Bridal showers usually happen a few months before the wedding.
  • MrsJackson
    Super October 2018
    MrsJackson ·

I would start registering about a year out.

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    My mom asked me when I wanted to have if I wanted it in 19 or 20 so I wasn't sure how close to the wedding others do it....

• Kelly
    Master October 2018
    Kelly ·
    I would register 6-9 months before the wedding and if someone is offering to throw you a shower they are traditionally held 1-3 months before the wedding. Any farther out I find a little strange.
  • K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    My mom and future mother in-law asked if I wanted one but I'm not sure if I do... I don't really know what it is

• 2d Bride
    Master October 2009
    2d Bride ·

You should ask people to be in our bridal party about 6 months before the wedding.

You should register when a gift-giving event is planned. So if someone offers to host a shower, you should register before the shower invitations go out. If not, then register before the invitations go out for your wedding. You don't want to register too early, because a) no one is going to be buying presents then, anyway, and b) things will go out of stock between setting up the registry and people going to buy things off of it.

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    Okay thanks!

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Hi Kaley!!! How is your planning process going? Have you registered anywhere yet? How go your bridal party plans with your mother and FMIL?

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It's going okay lol. Guest list and center pieces are killing me LOL
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Haha, I can understand. Are you DIY-ing your centerpieces?

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Actually my fiance aunt does flowers and stuff so she's doing it all for free

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Wow!! Score on that front!! Do you have any pictures you've given her for inspiration or are you just letting her do her thing?

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I have some ideas but my mom thinks it's all about her so that's a proby
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Well, that's unfortunate. Have you told spoken with her about it? What are your ideas?

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    kaley ·
    Can we like personal message here?

Comment on this discussion