Brittany
Master April 2019

What's your date-night go-to?!

Brittany, on February 20, 2019 at 9:59 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 18
Saved Save

Do you and your FH/FW have a favorite place to go for date night?! Restaurant, bar, winery...you name it, it's fair game!

For myself and FH, we have a few different places we like to go. For special occasions, we will go to The Melting Pot for fondue or to this place called Mccloone's that's nearby that's right on the beach (we went here for Valentine's Day). We are big meat eaters so we frequent steakhouses (Longhorn, Charlie Brown's, Texas Roadhouse). And a Dave and Buster's just opened right near where I used to live, so we are there quite often when we have some time to kill on the weekends. The food is actually really good, and FH and I are just obsessed with the games. Our competitive sides come out at the air hockey table Smiley laugh

Where do you find yourselves on date night?

18 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    We looove Dave and Busters! We used to go more frequently, but it can get pricey so we’ve cut back to once every other month or so to save for the wedding. We also have “movie club” memberships at our local theater. We pay $9 a month and we get one ticket credit, 25% off of concessions, and any other tickets we buy after our one monthly credit are $8 each instead of the usual $12. Totally worth it if you go to the movies at least once a month. We’ve also been doing more low-key things at home, like having friends over on Wednesday’s to watch The Masked Singer and have dinner.
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag

We love mexican food so we have 2 favorite restaurants that are our go to.

• Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

We can't do this real often, because it's not cheap. But our favorite is to go for sushi!! Yum.

• A
    Expert June 2019
    Afterallthistime...Always ·
    • Flag

We are such home-bodies haha, our date nights usually take place on the couch. I love cooking so I'll make something nice for dinner and send FH to buy a bottle (or two) of wine that is $5 more than we would usually spend. We also have a movie rental store around the corner (one of the only ones left) so we'll rent a movie, eat our food, drink some wine and relax. It may sound boring to some, but I love it!

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    We like to go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and catch a movie. So classic! Dinner and a movie is not so cheap anymore lol.
    We also enjoy getting together with other couples and going bowling, skating, or anything interactive.
  • Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

There is a mexican restaurant right by our apartment and we go there quite often. When the weather is nicer though we go to Detroit and get food to go in an area there known as "Mexicantown' and we bring it to the drive in and eat it while watching the movie.

• Tina
    VIP March 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag

Every other Friday night (we dont live together yet and are single parents, so we only get every other weekend together when the exes have the kids), we go to this really cheap Mexican restaurant, I'm talking serving the food on paper plates and the most expensive meal is $4.50. But the food is sooooooooo good! We've been going there every two weeks for nearly five years....yes very much creatures of habit. It's our place and our moment of "now we can finally relax".

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is the third time I'm trying to respond back to you Smiley amazing it never posts.

For the THIRD time, I'm going to tell you that our D&B has a buy $20 of game play, get $20 free fairly often. I'd say at least twice a month. If you haven't already, sign up for their emails and download their app. I don't know if it's a location specific thing or not but it's worth looking into. We have utilized it so many times that we have a stockpile of game credits now. We could probably go a handful of times and not spend any money.

Also, The Masked Singer is everything! We love that show!

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I do too! FH not as much as me Smiley winking there's a new Mexican place by me that I really wanna try soon! There hasn't been a Mexican place in my town in years! The horror!

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love sushi too! FH can't stand it Smiley laugh when we go to our local sushi place he gets fried rice lol

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Not boring at all! We have two kids so these are the kinds of date nights we usually have after bedtime! I love them! We've been breezing through Netflix lately, and we usually get a discount on a Redbox movie a few times a month so we'll take advantage of that on the weekends too. Just discovered FH's love of moscato so I think we'll be adding in wine more often as well! Smiley smile

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ahhh yes Cheesecake Factory! Another bread basket that's dangerous Smiley laugh

We go to the movies very infrequently now because of the price. The last movie we saw in theaters was A Star Is Born, like the day it came out because I'm a huge Gaga fan. More likely to get a Redbox from around the corner for $2.00 Smiley winking

FH loves bowling! He did it in a league for a few years. Me...not so much lol I'm terrible. But we went on a double date recently with his twin brother and his new girlfriend, and I did have fun (still terrible)

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

A drive-in sounds so romantic Smiley love I'm not sure there are any of those operating in NJ anymore...bummer! We have a new Mexican place by us that I really wanna try! It's been a while!

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The entire Cheesecake Factory menu is dangerous but I love it Haha.

I'm not sure if you have AMC theaters nearby. However, we're only able to frequent the movies because we have the AMC A-List; which allows us to see up to 3 movies a week for $20/month. Regardless if it's IMAX, 3-D, etc, it's all included. So that's very helpful and cost effective.

My dad is great at bowling. However, I didn't pick up any of those skills! Lol. Like you said, it's still a great time.
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We have quite a few AMCs by us! I can't believe I've never heard of this program! I'm going to look into this right now Smiley surprise FH would love it!

• Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Does he know that most sushi places also have cooked fish? Maybe he doesn't like fish, but when we take my daughter, she gets something cooked. Our favorite place has this garlic fried rice--so yummy!!

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

He's not really a fish guy at all Smiley winking shrimp, he likes. Lobster and crab on the rare occasion...and that's about it. He would really be into that garlic fried rice though!

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's so much fun! We do need to start parking closer to the bathroom though lol

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics