SoontobeMrs.
Dedicated October 2017

What's your Bridezilla moment?

SoontobeMrs., on October 6, 2016 at 11:09 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 66
Saved Save

I want to know what your Bridezilla moment (or moments) has been. What triggered it and how did you react?

66 Comments

• PressTheStarKey
    VIP November 2016
    PressTheStarKey ·
    • Flag

Ugh, turns out I'm a total bitch about ties. Not a proud moment.

• soon2bemrs2017
    Super October 2017
    soon2bemrs2017 ·
    • Flag

I haven't really had any bridezilla moments yet but I have become a huge wedding snob as a guest. Typically I couldn't give two shits what somebody does for their wedding, but the last few since I've been engaged I've critiqued everything lol Who knows, maybe the 2 I recently went to were just actually really bad. I have another in a month so we'll see I guess!

• MrsDrum
    Master June 2017
    MrsDrum ·
    • Flag

I haven't had one yet but I will be crazy over the centerpieces.

• Gracie
    VIP June 2017
    Gracie ·
    • Flag

Mini blow up on FSIL that's also a bridesmaid because she was being incredibly unreasonable while bridesmaids dress shopping. Not even 2 feet in the door and she goes "I don't like any of the dresses." ... well how about we actually go look at them!

• Marci
    Dedicated October 2016
    Marci ·
    • Flag

I've had two:

My seamstress not understanding what I wanted her to do with my sash so I said to my MOH loud enough for her to hear that I should have just had the dress altered by the place I got my dress

And...

I flipped out on my mom regarding reserved tables for family. Our tables are large enough for 10 people and I only have 5 immediate family members on my side and FH has 4. She wanted two seperate tables and I just wanted them to sit together.

• Jenna
    Super October 2016
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

Yelling at foliage for having the audacity to change and therefore potentially fall entirely off before my wedding.

• Kristen
    VIP October 2017
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

@SoonToBe ME TOO! FH and I went to two weddings last weekend, the only ones we've been to since getting engaged, and we've both talked nonstop about the things we liked and didn't like for future reference

• coloradobride17
    Expert October 2017
    coloradobride17 ·
    • Flag

Jenna, sounds like something I would do!

• Meant to be Busby
    Super October 2016
    Meant to be Busby ·
    • Flag

I flipped out on my FMIL. She threatened to start a physical fight at our wedding with another family member and I told her if she did she would be asked to leave. Many words were exchanged. She's not coming to the wedding anymore.

I don't in particularly think I was being a bridezilla. But that was my most bridezilla- ish moment thus far.

• Ms. MRose
    Super April 2017
    Ms. MRose ·
    • Flag

Lol!! @ Jenna that is awesome and totally something I could see myself doing

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·
    • Flag

I 100% lost my fucking shit on my mother when my father called up the hotel where we had our room blocks and pitched a fit about having to have a CC on file.

So the hotel called me and let me know they were concerned my dad was upset and he might call and there clearly had been some confusion.

Anyway- turns out- yet once again- my dad is just a dick. But I didn't want to talk to my dad- and I was texting my mom- which turned into a phone call... which turned into a fucking screaming swearing fight on the lawn of my gym.

I don't even consider myself a bridzilla over it- not really. It was excessive- but I've blown up like that before. pre wedding planning

#angermanagementissues.

I'm guessing true bridezilla for me was when my dad go here and tried joking with my neighbor and he ignored me- and I got super mad about it. He threw a tantrum and left. and I threw a bottle of wine into the wall.

Not sure why that was the drama it needed to be but I probably could have handled it better.

• Orchids
    Master March 2018
    Orchids ·
    • Flag

My first wedding, I had a nail appointment for French tips at 11am the day before. When I got to the salon, there were like...20 people in there gabbing it up being SUPER loud, and oopsie the salon had all the people who could do French tips working on someone in the group. I waited over a hour, hungry and fuming and finally just FLIPPED. OUT.

Thank goodness there was a BBQ joint next door.

• Mrs. P
    VIP July 2016
    Mrs. P ·
    • Flag

My bridezilla moment came 2 days before the wedding. My cousin never rsvpd. She could have mailed it in or could have done it online. She could have responded to text messages, or voice mails or emails, but we got no response. I heard from her dad that she was coming. That was irritating but ok. So I get an email 2 days before from her that I have her last name spelled wrong on her invitation and she hopes her name is spelled correctly on the seating chart. I absolutely flipped my shit. DH heard my rant (and agreed with me) and just poured me a glass of wine. Needless to say, her name was NOT spelled correctly on the seating chart. Who does that??

• Stacy
    Expert October 2016
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

I've had a couple so far. My anxiety gets the best of me. First was at my mom and sister when they said they would come up to help me shop for craft supplies before my alterations apps. They showed up am hour late and decided they wanted to go shoe shopping instead. I freaked out on them in the middle of the shoe store that I didn't have time for this with all the other shit I needed to get done...

Second was more of a meltdown- went on a run a couple weeks ago and tripped and wiped out. Skinned my knees and my wrist a little bit but definitely could have been much worse. I just sat on the sidewalk for a second and burst into tears about getting skinned up so close to the wedding, and FH just stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do. Lol.

• HoneyImGallone
    Devoted November 2019
    HoneyImGallone ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't say I've been bridezilla, but I know my FH is frustrated with me turning down his ideas. I feel bad and I'm sorry, but we're not using an iPod and IHome for music at our reception. We're not eloping. We are not only having 20 people. We're not giving them a plus 1, they have been dating for over a year, they get there own invitation/they're not getting a plus 1, the my have been dating 2 weeks. NO WE ARE NOT HAVING THE SONG CRAZY B****! And his thing is "you aren't letting me pick anything!" I said you and your groomsmen can wear Chuck Taylors, you picked the centerpieces, and when you said you're not inviting your own mother and brother I told you I think you should, but that is up to you and then when you decided they could come you said you didn't want to have a mother son dance and again I said I think you should but it is up to you.

• MrsNerd
    Master October 2016
    MrsNerd ·
    • Flag

@Soontobestarkey that made me LOL. We were at my parents house a while back and I said something about ties. My dad said "I thought you didn't care about everyone matching?" (Which I DID say) I burst into tears and ran out of the room lol.

I've been a total bitch about everything. I'm trying to learn to be more mindful and less reactive. Aka take a minute and think before I flip the fuck out at my family when they throw something ridiculous at me. (Like having to change all the inn reservations bc my brother is bringing his dog and needs a pet-friendly room).

• Chelsea
    VIP June 2017
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

I don't think I've had a real bridezilla moment yet, however I might end up having one if my bridesmaids don't stop talking about their weddings while I'm trying to plan mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every conversation from now until my wedding day should be about me, but these girls aren't even engaged yet and we spend more time planning their pretend weddings than anything else! Also, there was a drunken night when we were with my MOH and her bf and the conversation of stag & doe's (party to raise money for the wedding) came up and I said they were tacky AF because you're asking people that you're not even inviting to your wedding to pay for it!! He wasn't very happy, but I still stand my ground! Sorry, not sorry

• LosForTheWin
    VIP July 2017
    LosForTheWin ·
    • Flag

I've had nothing yet. One of my BMs told me I was the chilliest bride she has ever dealt with. I hope o can continue to be like that.

• Leslie
    Super September 2017
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

When I told my parents, "I'm not paying for a bunch of strangers just because they are your family." I could have definitely said that a little nicer. Haha but they still aren't invited.

• Allison
    Super May 2017
    Allison ·
    • Flag

I don't think I've had an episode yet...but who knows what will happen when we get closer to May...

Comment on this discussion