Brae
VIP September 2019

What's the most interesting thing you've seen at a wedding?

Brae, on December 3, 2018 at 1:54 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 65
Saved Save
Just a for fun post! What's the coolest, strangest, most unique thing you've seen at a wedding, and what's the most interesting about yours?

65 Comments

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I haven't been to many weddings, and the ones I have been to were pretty traditional Smiley tongue nothing crazy.

For ours, I think the most interesting thing will be our caricature artist!

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That will be so much fun! I wanted a caricature artist, but my fh wanted a photo booth and we definitely didn't want both. He doesnt have much input for the wedding, so I usually go with what he wants the few times he does lol. I also told him what if we have a petting zoo? Because i love animals, but logistically not really feasible lol.
  • Ciara
    Dedicated June 2019
    Ciara ·
    • Flag
    My mom did a “flash mob/mashup” first dance and asked my sisters and I to be a part of it. It was so much fun to chorerograph and perform, all of my mothers guests loved it.
    Our wedding will have Disney subtly all throughout the decor so I guess the most unique thing about mine is I’m not using a traditional bouquet. I will be using a bouquet of Stitch plushes, my favorite Disney character, made by my grandmother.
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We went with a caricature artist because it's actually so much cheaper around here to do that over a photobooth, which was surprising to me. It's also something I've never seen before at a wedding and I think it'll be novel to my guests as well Smiley smile I definitely understand why you ended up with a photobooth though! My FH is the same way about wedding input, I'd do whatever he asked for too, whenever he did (he hasn't) Smiley laugh

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's fun! Your bouquet will be so cute! I'm excited to see pictures!
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg YES to all of the Disney! I am having a hidden Mickey pick in my bouquet Smiley smile we just became Disney World Annual Passholders last month, so I'm on Cloud 9. I will be very interested to see your Stitch bouquet!

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's great that its more affordable! Also a super cool favor for your guests to take with them!
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    The most interesting thing I’ve seen is a caricature artist as well. The most interesting thing about my own was that the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing were each in a different space.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wait, was your dinner separated from dancing? That is interesting, was it easy to get people to move throughout the spaces? My wedding will have some separate spaces as well! The ceremony is in a garden on the north side of the property, then cocktail hour will be in the front of the house and inside, and dinner with dancing in the backyard gardens.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! After dinner my husband stood up and said we want to invite everyone to the barrel room to witness our first dance and continue the evening with dancing and dessert. We rented a ton of lounge seating. Here are pictures to help visualize. We got married at a winery.

What's the most interesting thing you've seen at a wedding? 1

What's the most interesting thing you've seen at a wedding? 2

What's the most interesting thing you've seen at a wedding? 3

What's the most interesting thing you've seen at a wedding? 4

What's the most interesting thing you've seen at a wedding? 5
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That looks so beautiful! It's great that you still had furniture for the people that only like to watch dancing, or for people to take a break.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! It was crazy expensive to rent out all the different areas but I loved it. Most people that get married there do dinner/dancing in the barrel room but I just love how gorgeous the garden is so I cut other areas to make it all happen. Guests seemed to enjoy it as well. Right outside the doors of the barrel room there were also fire pits that guests could sit at!
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The garden is gorgeous! Did your guests still have access to the garden once dancing started? Or did the venue start cleaning it when you went inside? Sorry, this is just total curiosity lol.
  • M
    Super November 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    One of my friends from back home got married least year. She comes from a very large and devout Catholic family. She has 8 brothers and sisters ranging from early 30s to 2 years old. All of them are musically gifted and talented singers (except the toddler). At the church, they sang all of the religious songs and played together for the ceremony. It was so beautiful.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No they didn’t have access anymore. I assume they started cleaning? I have no idea actually haha.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'd be more impressed if the toddler did participate. Lol that's awesome! What a great way to incorporate her family. Did she marry into a musically talented family too?
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Makes sense! Everything came together so beautifully!
  • M
    Super November 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! The groom played the guitar to a religious song in Spanish as my friend walked down the aisle. It was so lovely done.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is so amazing!
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!