ThePeoplesBride
VIP October 2020

What's on Your diy Plate?

ThePeoplesBride, on April 18, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 126

What does your DIY To-Do list look like? What have you done so far? What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding? I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)
What does your DIY To-Do list look like?
What have you done so far?
What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding?

I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)

126 Comments

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Beautiful! I'm at a loss at what to fill the vase with too besides clear orbeez, clear marbles/pebbles, or pearls. Maybe even some curly twigs?

Where did you get the vases?
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow! This is incredible!
    Are there lights tucked underneath with the flowers?
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You've been busy! Everything looks so great!
  • S
    Dedicated October 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I put a sting of fairy lights and hid the battery with the roses. I actually had someone in a forum she thought the feet on the bottom made it look cheap. I have done several other pieces as I have dyi all of my wedding decor. Including a chandalier a d lighted trees
  • Amber
    Dedicated May 2018
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I did wedding invitation calligraphy. I made it easier on myself by tracing the font with calligraphy pens. Here's a tutorial. I am doing a few decor items as well but haven't finished those.

What's on Your diy Plate? 1

• S
    Dedicated October 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Just to share a few more, I am dyi my entire ceremony and reception. I can not wait!!

What's on Your diy Plate? 2

What's on Your diy Plate? 3

What's on Your diy Plate? 4

What's on Your diy Plate? 5

What's on Your diy Plate? 6

What's on Your diy Plate? 7

What's on Your diy Plate? 8

What's on Your diy Plate? 9

What's on Your diy Plate? 10

What's on Your diy Plate? 11

What's on Your diy Plate? 12
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Cheap? Really? I rather like the feet. It's different from the usual pedestal style cake stand.

I can't wait to see your BAM to see how it all comes together. It's obvious you have worked really hard and I think the end product is going to look fantastic.
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Tracing or not, your calligraphy is amazing.
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am really impressed.
    What do you plan on doing with everything after the big day? Are you going to try to sell it? Or are you going to decorate your house?
  • Mrs. H
    Master September 2019
    Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

Currently working on a "Cards" box similar to this one:

What's on Your diy Plate? 13

• S
    Dedicated October 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did add another post with more of the dyi projects. I am so excited to see it all come together. My theme is extragant And over the top and I feel I have pretty much hit my target across the board from dress to BM dresses to decor
  • S
    Dedicated October 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I haven' decieded yet, I know several people have commented I could go into business. I think I may keep a few pieces like 1 of the trees and maybe list others and see what happens. I made a few pieces I will definately keep. I made a sand ceremony combination guest book piece out of shadow boxes, that piece will be displayed with out wedding photos. I have a friend who is getting married after us and I may offer some to her if she is interested.
  • B
    Dedicated September 2018
    BETHANY ·
    • Flag
    I've never done any kind of DIY project b4 in my life. But I'm doing my complet wedding DIY with some help from my mom and a few friends /family. Cuz we hav a very small budget but I'm happy with everything I've found so far.
  • Tracee
    Beginner June 2019
    Tracee ·
    • Flag
    Okay. So my actual wedding isn’t until June 15, 2019 but so far I’ve got the dress and shoes, the rings, and the venue(the venue covers the basic floral table toppers for the reception and the cake). We’ve got The DJ, the Photographer, and the florist. We’ve also got the officiant, got the save the dates done and pretty much all the invitation stuff done...... but there’s still several things to still take care of. Like hair stylists and makeup artist( well,, actually that’s not true. I actually talked to someone yesterday whom I think I will be going with as we as this restaurant I want to book for the day before the wedding to host a ladies tea/bridal party/luncheon... I’ve always wanted to have a British type tea party type thing Lolol. So anyway, the seating chart is done and obviously the guest list... lol... and details still need to be done... things like table favors and stuff like that. I wanna get these espresso truffles that I absolutely love and I want to incorporate what I love to my guests... and something that the groom loves as well... well.... as you can see, I’m very excited about everything and nothings going to stop me now lol😉..... 🎩👰🏼
  • G
    Dedicated May 2019
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    I am super lucky because my stepmom is pretty crafty and has friends that are crafty so if she can't help with something she knows someone who can. So I decided that I wanted to do a superhero/star wars theme but keep it pretty subtle so I found some ideas on pinterest and we haven't started yet but this is what we are undertaking so far! We are going to do the bottles instead of jars for the comic book centerpieces.

What's on Your diy Plate? 14

What's on Your diy Plate? 15

What's on Your diy Plate? 16

What's on Your diy Plate? 17
  • Lucky
    Devoted October 2018
    Lucky ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How did you make the gold décor?

• KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow, I wish I had seen that tutorial before writing out all my envelopes. I had plans to lightly print a fancy font on my home printer, then go over it with a calligraphy marker (saw someone else post here that they did that). But, my printer decided that its feed didn't work with envelopes anymore, despite me printing out my STD envelopes on it a few months ago. I wound up practicing a few fonts by hand and just doing my best to be neat and consistent. Overall they came out O.K., but not nearly as nice as the ones in the photo.

My main DIY is a small one - I'm making a memorial pin of FH's mother as a surprise for him to wear that day. He can wear it inside his jacket or with his bout. It's very similar to this, but with different charms ("Mom" and a butterfly) and no text on the back of the photo. When I saw the prices of them on Etsy, I decided to visit Michael's and make it myself since I used to play around with making jewelry a little when I was younger. it's been harder than I expected to find the right attachments. I hope to finish it this weekend.

from MagnoliaTreeandCo on EtsyWhat's on Your diy Plate? 18

I might also DIY our programs since I'm not finding the exact style I like online (double-sided fans). I'm still thinking about that.

Edit: Oh, and I may DIY chair signs for us that say "better" and "together."

• Kiley
    Super February 2019
    Kiley ·
    • Flag
    Invites, centerpieces, bouquets, and maybe a tulle wall for our ceremony. Here are what I have been working on, and an inspo picture of the tulle wall.

What's on Your diy Plate? 19

What's on Your diy Plate? 20

What's on Your diy Plate? 21

What's on Your diy Plate? 22

What's on Your diy Plate? 23
  • Summer
    Super August 2018
    Summer ·
    • Flag

Making all my flower arrangements including centerpieces and bouquets! Nervous they won't turn out well or will be a ton of work but I think it'll be ok. I bought white lanterns and had planned to spray paint them gold but I think, to cut down on work and stress, I'm just going to leave them. They're cute white anyway Smiley smile

Also need to figure out how to write on my "welcome sign," a big gold mirror.

• Deirdre
    Dedicated October 2018
    Deirdre ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's himmeli, I bought the brass tubes off Etsy. I strung them together with wire

Comment on this discussion