ThePeoplesBride
VIP October 2020

What's on Your diy Plate?

ThePeoplesBride, on April 18, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 126

What does your DIY To-Do list look like? What have you done so far? What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding? I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)
What does your DIY To-Do list look like?
What have you done so far?
What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding?

I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)

126 Comments

• S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sondra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you.
  • S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sondra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You could make them out of tin foil.
    Check out http://www.instructables.com for more ideas. DIY home base for crazy ideas.
  • Mrs_Jenkins
    Devoted June 2018
    Mrs_Jenkins ·
    • Flag

On my todo list:

Painting

Flowers (allllll of them)

chocolate spoons

song list/playlist

coloring books (printing off coloring pages and personalizing them for the kids)

finishing the guest book

so far i think that's it for the DIY stuff. Not too bad!

Def want to organize, label and box things together so nothing gets lost.

• A
    Super February 2019
    Amy ·
    • Flag

I had to be realistic and pull WAY back on DIY, but it's for the best!

---I made a veeeery basic wedding movie poster for guests to autograph (design did not get super favorable feedback here but thats okay, I love it)

---Painted/lettered the sign for my (also veeeery basic) STD:

What's on Your diy Plate? 1

I still have to make the table numbers:

Inspo pic--->

What's on Your diy Plate? 2

And I'll print out some basic (are you getting my DIY theme haha?) signage and frame it. I have some very hard and fast DIY limits Smiley tongue

• Deirdre
    Dedicated October 2018
    Deirdre ·
    • Flag
    I'm currently repainting this awesome chalkboard sign I found in my alley. I'm also working on dip dyeing some linen table runners, making acrylic signs and making himmeli decor for my centerpieces. I love DIYing!

What's on Your diy Plate? 3

What's on Your diy Plate? 4
  • CarrieAndBert
    Expert June 2018
    CarrieAndBert ·
    • Flag
    I've been working on ring boxes, card box, bouquets and bouts, my center pieces for tables, and I did a coffee table tray that will double as our cake stand when turned upside down. Still need to finish a few more things but it's coming together.

What's on Your diy Plate? 5

What's on Your diy Plate? 6

What's on Your diy Plate? 7

What's on Your diy Plate? 8

What's on Your diy Plate? 9

What's on Your diy Plate? 10
  • L
    Beginner July 2018
    Lytasha ·
    • Flag
    I'm currently working on my bm slippers

What's on Your diy Plate? 11
  • Alicia
    Dedicated May 2018
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

Less than 2 months to go. I've pretty much wrapped up all my big DIY projects last weekend. I made ribbon wands and also a tulle and string light backdrop. I also found a super cute glass house at michael's that we are going to use for a card box, however, I'm still debating painting it to look a bit less rustic. I've even got all my table decor separated by table so set up should be a breeze. I still have to get lottery scratch off tickets and stuff them in envelopes for our favors.

• C
    Dedicated August 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag

If you wouldn't have asked about peoples DIY, pretty sure I would have at some point. It's great to see how creative and resourceful people can get. :-)

I will apologize for the length and spam of photos (but you gave permission! ;-P). I just started so a lot of it is inspiration at this point. My DIY list currently looks like this:

- Doing Bridesmaid proposal boxes with contents customized to each bridesmaid/MOH. These are currently WIP.

- Designing basically all stationary (Invitations, RSVP, table signs, seating chart, STD, programs, etc....you get the idea...lol). Got the invitations design basically done and same for the RSVP (see below). The feedback I got from the DIY community here helped greatly ;-) The table sign is a Work in Progress

Invitation option 1What's on Your diy Plate? 12Invitation option 2What's on Your diy Plate? 13

RSVP 01What's on Your diy Plate? 14

Table sign....WIPWhat's on Your diy Plate? 15

- Doing the center pieces, either nebula in a jar or mini star projector bottles like the inspiration below. Nebula jar would be done with more blues to match the wedding colours.

Mini star projectors!What's on Your diy Plate? 16Nebula in a jar!What's on Your diy Plate? 17

- My veil. Even if I have make two (accounting for learning curve), it is still cheaper than buying....and I doubt they have the colour I want. Picking up the materials to start this weekend!

Veil! What's on Your diy Plate? 18

- Table runners. Fabric is supper cheap to buy vs. the finished product, and I can decorate it easily with my sewing machine or fabric paint to look like inspiration below.

Constellation runnerWhat's on Your diy Plate? 19

- The Card box, or CARDIS. Have the instructions on how to and Inspiration below

Card boxWhat's on Your diy Plate? 20

- Customizing my shoes/potentially the rest bridal party shoes (depending on their preference). At the moment the plan is to all wear Chucks.

Bling ain't just for the ring ;-)What's on Your diy Plate? 21

That's everything at the moment. Debating on whether to try doing the bouquets, but I have no experience with flower arranging and feel my wedding isn't necessarily the best learning ground.

• C
    Dedicated August 2020
    Carolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I never thought of something like lottery tickets for a favour. That's a really awesome and unique idea. Makes it easy on assembly too versus folding a million tiny paper boxes :-)

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Being realistic about my abilities is one of the hardest things to do for me right now. I want to do ALL the things!

What did you cut back on?
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Very very nice! Not only are you crafty but you're incredibly thrifty too!
  • A
    Super February 2019
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hoo boy did my centerpieces get real simple, real fast!

Also I forgot to mention my card box. Instead of doing a tiered box like I've seen some others do, I'm just wrapping a single box in fabric and using some lace ribbon.

I also basically stopped looking at Pinterest very very very early on. The inspo pics just weren't in line with what my skill OR budget can do Smiley sad

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    As a fellow Whovian, my excitement for your wedding is pretty dang hard to contain right now. As is my disappointment that I have to wait til 2020 to see your BAM!

Nice pun, btw.
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Pinterest is definitely a huge offender when it comes to inflating expectations even when you're trying to be as objective and realistic as possible.

I think you made a very smart decision early on.
  • Mrscolón
    Super September 2019
    Mrscolón ·
    • Flag

I plan to make:

-Welcome sign

-Table numbers

-Either a menu sign for the buffet or individual menus for each table setting

-Guest book sign

-Bar menu sign

-Cupcake sign

Good thing for my cricut lol

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Weddings: the ultimate Cricut workout?
  • WILLBeMcCulley
    Savvy July 2018
    WILLBeMcCulley ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is July 29th and I am making the centerpieces, the signs, the arch and other decoratons for the chapel as well. Probably the card box also. I have started on my centerpieces but I am stuck on what else they need. I don't know what to fill the vases with.

What's on Your diy Plate? 22
  • S
    Dedicated October 2018
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Cake stand is my most recent

What's on Your diy Plate? 23

What's on Your diy Plate? 24
  • Lindsey
    VIP June 2018
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag