What does your DIY To-Do list look like? What have you done so far? What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding? I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)
What does your DIY To-Do list look like? What have you done so far? What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding?
I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)
I'm currently repainting this awesome chalkboard sign I found in my alley. I'm also working on dip dyeing some linen table runners, making acrylic signs and making himmeli decor for my centerpieces. I love DIYing!
I've been working on ring boxes, card box, bouquets and bouts, my center pieces for tables, and I did a coffee table tray that will double as our cake stand when turned upside down. Still need to finish a few more things but it's coming together.
Less than 2 months to go. I've pretty much wrapped up all my big DIY projects last weekend. I made ribbon wands and also a tulle and string light backdrop. I also found a super cute glass house at michael's that we are going to use for a card box, however, I'm still debating painting it to look a bit less rustic. I've even got all my table decor separated by table so set up should be a breeze. I still have to get lottery scratch off tickets and stuff them in envelopes for our favors.
If you wouldn't have asked about peoples DIY, pretty sure I would have at some point. It's great to see how creative and resourceful people can get. :-)
I will apologize for the length and spam of photos (but you gave permission! ;-P). I just started so a lot of it is inspiration at this point. My DIY list currently looks like this:
- Doing Bridesmaid proposal boxes with contents customized to each bridesmaid/MOH. These are currently WIP.
- Designing basically all stationary (Invitations, RSVP, table signs, seating chart, STD, programs, etc....you get the idea...lol). Got the invitations design basically done and same for the RSVP (see below). The feedback I got from the DIY community here helped greatly ;-) The table sign is a Work in Progress
Invitation option 1Invitation option 2
- Doing the center pieces, either nebula in a jar or mini star projector bottles like the inspiration below. Nebula jar would be done with more blues to match the wedding colours.
Mini star projectors!Nebula in a jar!
- My veil. Even if I have make two (accounting for learning curve), it is still cheaper than buying....and I doubt they have the colour I want. Picking up the materials to start this weekend!
- Table runners. Fabric is supper cheap to buy vs. the finished product, and I can decorate it easily with my sewing machine or fabric paint to look like inspiration below.
- The Card box, or CARDIS. Have the instructions on how to and Inspiration below
- Customizing my shoes/potentially the rest bridal party shoes (depending on their preference). At the moment the plan is to all wear Chucks.
Bling ain't just for the ring ;-)
That's everything at the moment. Debating on whether to try doing the bouquets, but I have no experience with flower arranging and feel my wedding isn't necessarily the best learning ground.
My wedding is July 29th and I am making the centerpieces, the signs, the arch and other decoratons for the chapel as well. Probably the card box also. I have started on my centerpieces but I am stuck on what else they need. I don't know what to fill the vases with.