ThePeoplesBride
VIP October 2020

What's on Your diy Plate?

ThePeoplesBride, on April 18, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 126

What does your DIY To-Do list look like? What have you done so far? What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding? I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)
What does your DIY To-Do list look like?
What have you done so far?
What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding?

I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)

126 Comments

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I'm pretty sure the only things I'm going to need to DIY are table numbers and our ribbon wands for after the ceremony.

For the table numbers I'm going to be using these standing frame-type things from IKEA - super cheap! Only $1 apiece, some gold spray paint, and we're in business!

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I remember seeing your post! I didn't comment but the clothes pin rocking chairs are so adorable and really creative. I don't think I would have ever thought of that.
  • Mrs. G
    Devoted April 2019
    Mrs. G ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love these!! Where did you get the hoops at??
  • Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag

A very simple photo display for the welcome table, some sort of tribute to my FH's Dad (he passed away 10 years ago), spray painting bottles of all shapes and sizes rose gold and copper, table numbers, possibly some signs, and our photo guest book station (complete with small props...I'm thinking lips, top hats, mustaches, Mr. and Mrs. painted and glued to wooden sticks...super simple).

I'm not a crafty person, so trying to keep the DIY to a minimum. But, wow, this list is longer than I thought. And I haven't even started. Eek!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

Love all the ideas! We are doing a DW where everything is provided so no DIY for us. The only thing we are bringing besides our clothes are some custom funko pop for the cake topper

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow! This is beautiful!!

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You can do it! I believe in you!
    (You also have plenty of time but don't wait to start! Procrastination is a DIYers ultimate enemy.)
  • Lory
    Dedicated November 2019
    Lory ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is so cool!
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow, you are really talented. The details on the petals and leaves are amazing. I can't wait to see the final result!
  • Lory
    Dedicated November 2019
    Lory ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Do you think boutonnières are possible with this concept?
  • Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Flag

I'm DIYing a lot!

Done so far:

All florals (my bouquet, MOH bouquet, 2 bouquets for moms, 5 bouts, 2 floral wreaths, floral monogram)

Guestbook canvas

Champagne flutes with our initials

Emergency Mustache kits

Photobooth and accessories

In progress:

Signage

Ring box

Custom our Sand Ceremony items

Invitations/thank you cards/etc.

All paper items: menus, programs, table numbers, etc.

Need to complete:

Favor boxes

Sweetheart table decor

Aisle markers

Bathroom baskets

Monogrammed getting ready flannels

I will also be making gifts for all of our parents and wedding party plus something for FH.

• Y
    Dedicated April 2018
    yuliana ·
    • Flag

I basically DIYed my entire reception except for the Venue and Food.

I made my center pieces for all my tables plus the bride and groom family tables and the bride and groom table itself. Also did basic votives for out outside cocktail tables. I also made center pieces for the Gift table and made my own alternative guest book. I'm also decorating my own cake and dessert table. ( hired someone to do the desserts though just doing the decorating. Also making my own backdrop for the main table, and made my own invitations. I'll post pics later my friends and family have told me it all looks professionally done and more expensive than it was lol that was totally my goal to have an affordable wedding that didn't feel cheap. Smiley smile Super Excited only 8 days away from the big day Smiley smile

• C
    Dedicated September 2018
    Chellie ·
    • Flag
    Paper roses made from Harry Potter books! They'll be mixed in with fake flowers for the centerpieces and bouquets. I'm making my bridesmaids bouquets and the boutinierres.

The welcome sign and dessert table sign. The cage where the letters will go! The invitations. I'm waiting on two more packages this week before I can start on most of these.
  • Heather
    Super April 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! They are embroidery hoops that I spray painted gold!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow for your blue/orange color scheme! Very vibrant and happy. Dang, you did a ton of DIY decor!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OMG, I WANT TO SEE. Can you post pics or no?

• Kimberly
    Dedicated June 2018
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have that same card box! I like how you added your colors to the box. What's in your mason jars?
  • Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!! You have more faith than I do haha!

Oh and I'm a huge procrastinator. Smiley atonished I plan on working on the props this weekend though!

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow! I'm so impressed!!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag

Go DIY-ers!!! You can do it. So much work but we loved our final look. You will too. Smiley love

My role in decor: inspiration board, reception layout, rentals, table design, decorating alcoves. My DH's role: music, tech (i.e. fireflies), building decor (ship mast, treasure chest, dressing skeletons).

I wrapped the wine jug:

What's on Your diy Plate? 1

My table setting design & menu (Zazzle):

What's on Your diy Plate? 2

Final look:

What's on Your diy Plate? 3

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics