ThePeoplesBride
VIP October 2020

What's on Your diy Plate?

ThePeoplesBride, on April 18, 2018 at 12:33 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 126
Saved Save
What does your DIY To-Do list look like?
What have you done so far?
What are you thinking about scraping and/or adding?

I know we have some fantastic DIYers on this site so don't be afraid to spam this thread with pictures of your creations! (Inspiration photos are also accepted.)

126 Comments

• FutureMrsS
    Expert October 2018
    FutureMrsS
    • Flag

I'm currently working on groomsmen boutonnieres. I don't have a picture though! My mom and I have been glitter dipping cups for my bridesmaids and will be starting groomsmen gifts soon!

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo
    • Flag

I am envious of all you DIY/creative brides! The most DIY we're doing is writing our table numbers on the tiny chalkboards we bought from target...there isn't a creative bone in my body haha.

• S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sondra
    • Flag
    I'm making roses for my centerpieces.
    My FH is making my bouquet. Not sure what type of flowers I'll get at this point though...馃構

What's on Your diy Plate? 1
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sounds like you're pretty busy! What do you plan on making for the groomsmen's gift?
  • Ericha
    Devoted November 2018
    Ericha
    • Flag
    I'm making my centerpieces, a few signs, my FH and I will be setting up our DIY photobooth, and we might also be making our archway. Undecided if we have the funds yet or not to make some DIY lighted branches in pots to mark the walkway for the ceremony.
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm sure you have more creative bones in your body than you think! Chalk on tiny chalkboards is a good start.
  • F
    Beginner June 2018
    F
    • Flag
    I am not a DIY person but I turned into one strictly for this occasion only. We're doing the centerpieces, glittery vases with 3 hydrangea blooms, the bouquets and boutonnieres. My groom is also building a 7 foot cross for our outdoor wedding.

What's on Your diy Plate? 2
  • augbride
    Super August 2018
    augbride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OMG same. I have no artistic skill. I keep seeing decorations and signs and bouquets and I so wish I could do all that I just cannot. I'm an accountant if that tells you anything LOL

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omgosh! What is your flower made of? Aluminum?

Also, I think it's really sweet your FH is making your bouquet. Will it be metal too?
  • Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha girl I understand that 100%! My sister is a classically trained chef and a cosmetologist...she got all of the creative genes Smiley xd

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany
    • Flag

We're doing a lot of DIY!

Bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, and the archway will all involve DIY flowers. I bought an old paint ladder at the peddler's mall that I'm painting and we're going to put signs & the seating chart on it somehow (I have a concept in my head so hopefully I can make that come to life!) Invitations (kind of! I'm going to order from Vista Print but make my own belly bands & hand letter the addresses.) My dad is building a bench for us to use as a "guest book" so I'll paint it and put our names/wedding date on it. And my favorite- favors! We're making homemade jams & apple butter for favors and I ordered these cute stickers on Etsy that say "Spread the love" with our names and wedding date.

Right now I'm trying to come up with something for the flower girls to carry (I haven't found any baskets that I like but I thought a tea pot or small pitcher might be cute? Undecided,) and some sort of d茅cor for our chairs. If anyone has any ideas for either of these I would love to hear them!

• C
    Devoted September 2018
    Chrissyboo0
    • Flag

My wedding is in September and all I have left now is centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres. The only other items I have left are non DIY like invitations, bridesmaid dresses, and the groom's attire and the groomsmen attire.

• Heather
    Super April 2018
    Heather
    • Flag

My only real DIY project was making these floral hoops to hang on the ends of the pews in the church. My MOH came over this weekend and helped me finish all 18 of them (doing every other aisle)

What's on Your diy Plate? 3

• M
    Devoted July 2018
    Mrs. Terelo
    • Flag
    Making our guestbook and our in memory of those in heaven sign.

Haven't started either yet.
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love it! I think you could be a full time DIYer. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*
  • E
    Super June 2018
    Erica
    • Flag
    I've done all my deco and floral and favors!!

What's on Your diy Plate? 4
  • ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Phew! That is a long list but it sounds like you have everything under control!

I think the teapot bouquet substitute is a crazy cute idea. I'm sure you can score a teapot or two pretty cheap on ebay too.
  • S
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sondra
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My roses are made from sheet metal.
    Yes, he is making my bouquet out of sheet metal too.

http://www.instructables.com/id/home-improvement-store-metal-rose/

What's on Your diy Plate? 5
  • Sarah
    VIP July 2018
    Sarah
    • Flag

I need to get our programs done, I am hand painting them on canvases. Then I need to finish BP gifts, and signs to show where to go for things on the property,

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    These are beautiful! I am in love with the floral hoop trend whether they be used as decoration or bouquet substitutes.

And hooray for a helpful MOH!

Comment on this discussion