Terra
Expert September 2020

What hypes you up for planning?

Terra, on December 2, 2018 at 2:18 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 17
Saved Save

Hi all! I was just wondering what you all do to get into the planning mood? We're a long ways out (Sept 2020) and not really in a position to make any concrete planning decisions yet, but I still like to get excited about it. So I've been watching more tv shows and movies to itch the scratch, lol. Of course there's Say Yes to the Dress, but I've noticed it's not as entertaining now that I've bought my own dress, haha. I just found a show on Netflix called Cheapest Weddings that my niece and I are watching, which is exciting since we've got a pretty small budget. I've also loved the movie 27 Dresses for years now. Then of course there's the forums here.

What do you guys do/watch to keep you busy when you're in a planning lull?

17 Comments

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls
    I just finished watching Christmas Prince:A Royal Wedding on Netflix. Is Cheapest Weddings a good show?
  • A
    Dedicated November 2020
    Amber

I'm further out than you. I haven't bought a dress yet. I hope to get our venue contract this week we had to move our date from 10/10/20 to 11/7/20 to go with this venue. After we have the venue which includes catering and cake we want to book in the following order: photographer, dj

• Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra
    View Quoted Comment

We're finishing up the first episode now and it seems good so far! It's set in Australia so some of the issues and resources they have are a little different, but I'm enjoying it.

• Larisa
    Devoted July 2019
    Larisa
    I scroll through WeddingWire, like hrs i read posts on here haha 馃槅 and then pintrest too. Also listen to music to work on playlist.
  • Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra
    View Quoted Comment

Wow, you are on top of it! Way to go!

We're having a pretty low-key affair and are pushing most planning off until next Spring when we'll have been able to save up some more and my schedule won't be as crazy. The dress was a surprise, I stumbled upon the perfect one second hand for less than half the price and everyone told me I couldn't risk passing it up, so that's the only thing we've gotten done so far.

• Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra
    View Quoted Comment

I feel you on the scrolling, I should be working on a term project right now, but here I am.

• A
    Dedicated November 2020
    Amber
    View Quoted Comment
    Venue/catering and photography are probably the only thing we will do until summer 2019 and that鈥檚 just because we鈥檝e already ran into booked venues and want to have our engagement photos done next October
  • OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls
    View Quoted Comment
    Okay. I鈥檓 going to check it out!!!
  • Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra
    View Quoted Comment
    What kind of venue did you end up booking?
    We set our date for our anniversary and it falls on a Tuesday so I'm not SUPER worried about booked venues, but after reading that maybe I should be a little more nervous, lol.
  • A
    Dedicated November 2020
    Amber
    View Quoted Comment

A ballroom at the local university. I think the thing my fiance and I are the most worried about is the proximity of our date to Thanksgiving. I think with a Tuesday you should be fine depending on what route you want to go with your venue. We started looking at venues and catering a week or two after we got engaged so we would know how much money we need to save each month.

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls
    View Quoted Comment

That show is pretty good!

• Bradya
    Dedicated July 2020
    Bradya

What excites me is watching Say yes to the dress. Love that show

I also watch YouTube videos of the wedding. I am Just so excited can't wait to say yes to the dress and yes to my man I love him so much.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2019
    Jennifer

If you have amazon prime there's Wedding SOS & Rich Bride Poor Bride found those entertaining...and of course you have your Four Weddings show on TLC

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura

Looking at the David's bridal site for dresses gets me hyped up! I can't wait to figure out a date with my aunt to go there and try on some dresses.

• MissSoonToBe
    Expert May 2020
    MissSoonToBe
    I am an Instagram Junkie!!! LoL First it was Pinterest then i saw something on IG and between here and there that keeps me SUPER EXCITED!!! I鈥檓 4/26/20 so i have a little ways to go myself, but i get butterflies like it鈥檚 next week every so often lol
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam
    View Quoted Comment

Larisa! I am so happy to hear you get motivation and excitement out of reading community conversations! What type of music do you listen to while planning?

• Larisa
    Devoted July 2019
    Larisa
    View Quoted Comment
    I鈥檝e been trying to make my way through my YouTube playlists. Trying to figure out what would be good to play during the reception. I mostly listen to country, so working on other genres to play. Lol

Comment on this discussion