SunshineJenn
Master August 2014

What do you think of these two colors together? (BM dress dilemma)

SunshineJenn, on October 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved Save

I am torn on the color for the bridesmaids dresses. My favorite color is pink, but I love this blue as well. As many of you know, we're getting married in Mexico, on or near the beach, and both of these colors work really well for that. I am thinking about going with both and alternating the girls. Especially since I have 5 total and 3 want the pink and 2 want the blue. (I know it's really what I want, but I like them both!)

They will be getting different styles, although the MOH has chosen the dress pictured here.

So WWWWD (What Would WeddingWire Do)?

9 Comments

• sarah
    Expert April 2014
    sarah ·

I am actually using that same shade of pink with orange. lol. i think you can pull it off with the pink and blue if you add some whites to soften it a bit so people don't start humming the circus tune when they enter

• hellothere
    Super May 2014
    hellothere ·

I love the pink, but I don't think they would look bad together either.

• C
    Devoted August 2014
    Cassidy ·

I love the idea of alternating the colors! I was in a fall wedding last year and all us bridesmaids had a different fall color dress (gold, red, brown, dark purple) and they looked AMAZING together, especially since it was outside with the changing leaves. I think that the two colors you picked would look great for a summer beach wedding! Very bright and fun!

• JustMarried'14
    Master September 2014
    JustMarried'14 ·

I think it looks great together! I am a huge fan of contrast color combos. in Mexico, on the beach, perfect!

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

I like it! But agree that you'll want to soften everything with a lot of white.

• MarianiBride
    VIP June 2014
    MarianiBride ·

I like them together. I agree with other posters just becareful not to over use them.

• F
    Dedicated May 2015
    Farelle ·

I'm not a fan of those two colors together. I mostly wonder how they will look with the skin tones of the brides since most people have a blueish/ pale skin shade as appose to a golden skin shade. BUT they might all rock those colors hard - I do not know the situation in full. Just the color theorist in me says it doesn't really work.

BUT it's your wedding, and a LOT of other people like it. The common vote is yes.

• Trisha
    Super April 2014
    Trisha ·

I am personally not a huge fan of those two colors together. Have you ever seen Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion? Seeing those two colors together reminds me of the dresses they wear to the reunion hahah but I'm prob the only person... That being said, it's your wedding so you should do whatever you like

• SunshineJenn
    Master August 2014
    SunshineJenn ·

Farelle, so funny, I also took color theory! My major in college was fine arts.

I have the swatch samples for both and tried them out in incandescent, fluorescent and natural light today and they work well in my eyes. I'd of course give the girls white bouquets and have the guys where color coordinating ties or cummerbunds.

Comment on this discussion