Kelly
Legend October 2022

What do you remember most as a wedding guest?

Kelly, on March 14, 2019 at 2:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 25
Saved Save

As a wedding guest, what is the one thing you remember the most from the weddings you've attended? Is it the food? The decor? The music? What details or moments stuck with you from those celebrations?

Have you snagged any ideas for your own wedding from the ones you've attended as a guest?

What do you remember most as a wedding guest? 1

Photo from Kindred Weddings and Events in CA

For more on the guest perspective, check out: What do you normally give? Cash or a physical gift?What’s the dress code for your wedding? and How many weddings are you attending in 2019?

25 Comments

• Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    The DJ/Music/Entertainment (Depending on what you choose)
    The food - was there enough, too much, or was it just plain bad?
    The ceremony - was it a crowded room with no air conditioning? Was it too long? Was it short, sweet and meaningful?
    The reception venue - did it fit the formality? Was it big enough for the event? Confusing to find? And were there enough bathrooms?! lol
  • Caitlin
    Savvy October 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag

Was the ceremony too long & was there alcohol - that's it, haha!

Short and simple.

• Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag
    The food and the dance floor (as long as its full I'm totally fine with a DJ or band)
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP September 2021
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    The bride!!! The groom's face when he sees her. Visiting with dear friends and relatives. The cake and bouquets. These are what I remember the most.
  • Michelle
    Expert March 2020
    Michelle Online ·
    • Flag
    Dancing soooo much I was pouring sweat & rushed to get water!
  • Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Definitely the ceremony. Groom's face when the bride walks down the aisle, bride's emotions as she's walking. I'm super sentimental though so the ceremony is the best part to me.

• Miryam
    Dedicated September 2019
    Miryam ·
    • Flag

I definitely remember the food the most. I also remember what type of music they had whether they had a DJ or a band.

• Emily Plush
    Dedicated May 2019
    Emily Plush ·
    • Flag
    I remember the music and if it was good or not and then i remember the timeline of events like did dinner take too long or the cocktail hour. I like a good flow of a wedding reception. That’s really the biggest two i remember most!
  • Jeanelle
    Super September 2018
    Jeanelle ·
    • Flag
    Arriving and sitting awkwardly in silence and not being able to say hi to others, waiting around during cocktail hour, being hungry in anticipation for food, waiting for dancing and then bummed that dancing went by so quick. Overall, if it was heartfelt, if the couple had a good time, if I danced enough.

We actually put ourselves in guest shoes to plan the caedence of the day. It was the best thing we did to make it an effortless good time by all.
  • Caitlin
    Dedicated November 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag

Definitely the food and venue!

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    • Flag
    If the food was good and if I had to pay for alcohol. Also if the DJ/band was good and kept me on the dance floor all night.
  • Kristin
    Devoted August 2020
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    Hands down the food and the music! I can remember how good (or bad) the food was at every single wedding I've been to, along with how the music/dancing vibe was!
  • Bride 2019
    Dedicated April 2019
    Bride 2019 ·
    • Flag
    Dancing, I love dancing.
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    • Flag

The food and the music. Also, the wait. We just got invited to a wedding that starts at 2, reception starts at 5. They are an hour away from our house. What are we supposed to do for the 2 hours in between?? I HATE THAT!! Means we will probably skip the ceremony and just go to the reception at 5.

• Sarah
    VIP September 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    The food and the music, definitely. Also, pretty much anything that affects guests. We attended a wedding with roughly 200 guests and one bartender. You basically had to get back in line after getting a drink just to ensure you might be able to get another one. That was rough, especially because our crowd (and the bride and groom’s families) are all pretty heavy drinkers at social events.
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol, love it!! That's honestly what I remember, and the music!!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww that's awesome, sounds like you were having a great time! They must've been playing good music!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same here!! I feel like the food and music set the tone for the rest of the day!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Venue, food & drinks! Then I remember “bad” experiences: cash bar, bride 1+ hour late, being too hot or too cold, family drama.
  • Mrs.
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. ·
    • Flag

I've only been to family weddings, and I'm sure my answers would be different at friends' weddings. But I remember how the food was, if there was an open bar, how long the ceremony took, and what the dessert was! And anything that stuck out- like my cousin's husband sang a song he wrote for her.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics