Nicoletta
Super January 2015

What did/will your wedding cake look like?

Nicoletta, on December 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 74
Saved Save

What will/did you wedding cake look like? If you have not gotten married yet, post your inspiration pic! I want to see some yummy cakes! Here's our inspiration for our cake for 1/17/15 I choose this design because it is vintage/girly and reminds me of Marie Antoinette. We will probably have flowers on the top.

74 Comments

• Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·

That is a show-stopping cake!! this is my cakespiration

• KitandKaboodle
    Master November 2016
    KitandKaboodle ·

This is my cake inspiration:

• future mrs hall
    VIP May 2015
    future mrs hall ·

I'm doing something similar to angel_d. but the texture of the icing is a bit different and the color of the flowers match my wedding colors.

• Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·

Yep id like my flowers to be more white/yellow to match my colors as well.

• Victoria
    VIP June 2016
    Victoria ·

This is what we're thinking, FH wanted something different but still somewhat traditional and I liked that it was out of the box. However, our date is 7/16/16 so we could definitely change our minds! That cake you have is gorgeous though!

• MrsE
    VIP August 2014
    MrsE ·

Here was my wedding cake.

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·

Wow Victoria. That's super cool. We had a cupcake tower. I loved it.

• Heather
    Expert June 2016
    Heather ·

This is what we are thinking of having made

• Shannon
    Expert May 2014
    Shannon ·

This was ours. It was a lemon sponge with lemon curd filling and buttercream. Mmmm...

• future mrs hall
    VIP May 2015
    future mrs hall ·

Natassia, that was my dream cake when I was younger and dreamed of my fancy black tie wedding. but after I actually started planning and looking into wedding stuff, I realized, we are not the fancy black tie wedding couple. so I toned it down to a more summery garden theme and toned down the cake to match. really all of these cakes are gorgeous! I love the detail on yours @Shannon!

• AlexisM082
    Master February 2016
    AlexisM082 ·

We're going to do cupcakes and a small naked cake with our flowers on it. My inner diabetic loves the naked cake idea lol

• soontobeamrs
    VIP July 2015
    soontobeamrs ·

You are going to have one gorgeous wedding!

• jewles322
    Master March 2015
    jewles322 ·

My cake inspriation

• jewles322
    Master March 2015
    jewles322 ·

@Victoria, we were going to do that design, but since we can't have any dairy on our cake its too hard to make with non dairy chocolate and wont come out the same...so going with simple and elegant..theme of wedidng ^^^

• Kokila24
    Devoted June 2016
    Kokila24 ·

Here is a link of what I would like my wedding cake to look like 10/24/15

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/49/48/e2/4948e2c97484abb163b54cb66cca7845.jpg

• Nicoletta
    Super January 2015
    Nicoletta ·

Wow...so many beauties!!! Heather...LOVE the succulents!!

• Victoria
    VIP June 2016
    Victoria ·

KarenM- Thanks! I love the cupcake tower idea but my mother is convinced we need a huge cake and she'd probably die if I thought cupcakes lol.

Jewles322- Awwww I completely understand though. I'm sure your cake is going to be beautiful either way!

• Babs
    Expert June 2015
    Babs ·

We are doing cupcakes with a small round cake for the topper. Our wedding is nurse/firefighter themed so 1/2 the cupcakes will be to my fh's liking and will be fire themed and the other half will be flavored cakes with a nursing theme. Our topper was custom made for us.

• kLo
    VIP August 2014
    kLo ·

I posted this is a thread before, but my 'what will it look like' (on the left) and 'what did it look like' (on the right) are not exactly the same! Anyhow, it's good for a laugh in the very least!

@Barb- those are cute! My husband is a FF too. Is #4 his helmet number? I also like the cute bandaid cupcake.

• Tania Lynn
    Super July 2015
    Tania Lynn ·

Nicoletta, your cake is drop dead gorgeous. I didn't know what I wanted. Have looked at a billion cake inspiration pics but haven't fallen in love with any until I saw that. Wow! May seriously have to steal your design.

Comment on this discussion