Tori
Dedicated August 2018

What did you "splurge" on?

Tori, on June 14, 2017 at 9:29 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 162
Saved Save

Inquiring minds are curious and want to know. I haven't really splurged yet, but it will likely be on invitations because I absolutely love the look of laser-cut invites. FH wanted it to be my dress because he's cute that way, and wanted me to wear something gorgeous even if it was expensive, but I found a super good deal (and still feel gorgeous in it!). How about you?

162 Comments

• KittyPrawn
    Master June 2017
    KittyPrawn ·
    • Flag

I ended up splurging on favors. I know that people aren't keen on favors, but I think my guests enjoyed them... or they lied to me and said they did, and it still made me feel good.

• Cara
    Devoted November 2017
    Cara ·
    • Flag

As of now, we've splurged on our quartet (we think), I have splurged on my dress though. I went in wanting to get something around $1500 max.. ummm, spent $2100, plus there will be alterations. I couldn't help it, once I had that dress on, I had my moment.. I just cannot wait.

• Melissa
    Expert September 2017
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

We splurged on late night snacks for our guests. We will have a burger and fries food truck come at the end of the night!

• BoudreauToBe
    Master July 2018
    BoudreauToBe ·
    • Flag

I think our photographer is kind of a splurge. Their pricing is on the high end for our area, but not completely unheard of. It's just A LOT of money to spend in one area. (For what it includes and the quality of service it's totally worth it, though).

As far as something that was completely unnecessary, I am seriously considering renting gold flatware for dinner. Our venue comes with flatware, but I just LOVE the look of the gold! It will probably run us $1,000 that we don't need to spend, but it's something I just can't get out of my head!

• Emily
    Dedicated January 2018
    Emily ·
    • Flag

My dress and my makeup! Dress was definitely intentional but I had originally planned on doing my own makeup the day of, but who am I kidding? I'm not good at makeup! So I splurged a bit

• FutureMrs.Bailey
    Devoted September 2017
    FutureMrs.Bailey ·
    • Flag

Chiavari chairs, but they are so worth it!

• Bemyguest
    Master April 2017
    Bemyguest ·
    • Flag

My dress, and alcohol. I spent about $2100 on my dress when all was said and done, and we upgraded to top shelf bar. Both amazing decisions!

• MB2MA
    VIP January 2017
    MB2MA ·
    • Flag

I splurged on my make up artist .. she does the real housewives make up. It was the best decision ever ! My make up was fabulous. Well worth it !

• BeachBride2016
    Master November 2016
    BeachBride2016 ·
    • Flag

My dress was definitely my splurge. I wanted to keep it under $1K - after alterations it was about $2K. Whoops! Still fit into the budget fine, but I'm a bargain shopper so it bothered me a bit that I bought a dress more than I was originally wanting to spend.

• FME
    Master March 2018
    FME ·
    • Flag

Our splurge items are the photographer and a flaming donut bar

• Keisha
    Master September 2018
    Keisha ·
    • Flag

The whole damn wedding!

We worked things we wanted into the budget but I am counting them as splurges since they were not technically need. For now we have chivari chairs, upgrading the dining and alcohol package at the venue, and the vintage Rolls limo. I think the invitations will also be a splurge since FH is adamant he gets fancy ass ones

• Tori
    Dedicated August 2018
    Tori ·
    • Flag

@FutureMrsE FLAMING DONUT WHAT.

• Red2018
    VIP August 2018
    Red2018 ·
    • Flag

Photographer for sure. Everyone tried to get us to go cheaper but rings and photos are all you have left

• Courtney
    Devoted September 2018
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't say we're splurging however the chairs I love cost 2x what chivalri chairs would, but I just love them so much and exactly what I imagine our wedding with. Okay...yeah we are splurging on chairs haha!

• A
    Just Said Yes June 2017
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

My splurge was the decor and catering. Well worth it.

• FME
    Master March 2018
    FME ·
    • Flag

@Tori, it's actually pretty cool. They take krispie kreme donut holes, sautee them in 151 rum, light it on fire or whatever, and served to order. Then there's a bar for whatever toppings (ice cream, sprinkles, fudge, powdered sugar, etc)

• Mermaid
    VIP November 2017
    Mermaid ·
    • Flag

@Future, can I come to your wedding?! Those donuts sound amazing!

I splurged on my photographer, by far.

• Ella
    Super August 2017
    Ella ·
    • Flag

Live band instead of dj.

• FutureMrsD
    Super July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·
    • Flag

@Mermaid, you beat me to it! I was going to invite myself for the donuts.

• Alana
    VIP March 2018
    Alana ·
    • Flag

I splurged on the ceremony location

Comment on this discussion