Heather
Super October 2016

what did you get your bridesmaids?

Heather, on January 28, 2016 at 10:58 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 24
Saved Save

What did you get your bridesmaids as gifts?

did you get your SO anything?

24 Comments

Master February 2016
    ****** ·
    • Flag

I got each of them a tote bag, an infinity scarf in a color they like, and a lip balm. Then each of them will get a gift unique to them. One is getting a print about her house being a place where they cheer for a particular college football team, one is getting a quirky wine bottle holder, and one is getting an outdoorsy-printed portable tea mug.

ETA FH and I agreed not to buy each other anything.

• Future Mrs. Webb!
    Master October 2017
    Future Mrs. Webb! ·
    • Flag

I got mine little heart shaped rings with their initial on them in a box that said, "He popped the question, now it's my turn! Will you be my bridesmaid?"

I saw some personalized sweatpants on Pinterest that I fell in love with. I'll probably get them those, personalized with their nickname that I call them. I'm also thinking about buying their jewelry for the wedding...but it's gonna have to come from Claire's, because my budget is pretty tight. Lol!

• mimitrue
    Master January 2016
    mimitrue ·
    • Flag

I got mine a tote bag, a heart bracelet, personalized tumblers, monogrammed make up bags, personalized bath robes, kimono robes for pictures, personalized hangers and i paid for hair and make up.

For my SO, I got him socks that said "just in case you get cold feet". Nothing big, the wedding was a gift to both of us.

• Bee
    Master April 2017
    Bee ·
    • Flag

SO and I will probably exchange cards/letter that morning but we have agreed to no other gifts. We're splitting the cost of this wedding in half so that's our gift to each other.

• Futurepullen11
    Super October 2016
    Futurepullen11 ·
    • Flag

I'm giving each of them an Alex and ani bracelet. All my girls love jewelry and they can wear it with their dress of they want

• FutureMrsGuzman
    Dedicated May 2016
    FutureMrsGuzman ·
    • Flag

So far a monogrammed tote and stemless wine glass, probably earrings for the day of as well. I have 7 bridesmaids so that's about all I can afford lol

• Mrs. Winosaurusrex
    Master June 2016
    Mrs. Winosaurusrex ·
    • Flag

They are getting weekend duffles that they can use day of for all their stuff, i'm having earrings and bracelets designed for them (my aunt makes jewelry and is making them for me Smiley smile) I'm also getting them some awesome chap stick i'm obsessed with, ribbon hair ties and i'm writing them all letters.

• Arielle
    Expert November 2016
    Arielle ·
    • Flag

I got my girls mugs with their initials on them from Anthropologie, little gingerbread lady cookies decorated to look like bridesmaids, and hot chocolate on a spoon. Also handmade cards for each of them with a sentimental note in each Smiley smile

• OG Ruth
    Master October 2015
    OG Ruth ·
    • Flag

I made my BMs Alex & Ani style bracelets with matching necklaces. I also gave them each a bottle of wine and a stemless wineglass.

• Anastasia
    Devoted April 2016
    Anastasia ·
    • Flag

I think I went a little crazy. Each person gets a bracelet and necklace (mostly JCrew, but for my MOH I got a sterling silver necklace with an aquamarine set in a diamond halo (she is planning my bach and also gifted me my wedding dress, so I wanted to give her a big thank you)), mini body shop body butter, a couple burts bees chapsticks, a tarte palette (showstopper and rainforest after dark), a hair accessory (custom made by me from antique brooches), a cute pair of socks...and I think that's it! I guess they could wear the hair thing the day of the wedding (though we'd planned on flowers), but for the most part, everything is for personal use.

For my FMIL and FSIL (who is also a BM) who are planning the bridal shower and RD, I'm giving a chalcedony and amethyst sterling silver bracelet (for FMIL) and coach wristlet (for FSIL).

FH is getting custom cufflinks the day of.

• Jillian
    Dedicated July 2016
    Jillian ·
    • Flag

So far I got them each a tote bag and a cute wine bottle opener because they're all winos. Now I'm deciding with cute sweatpants, clutches with a personalized note sewed inside, or a piece of jewelry (not wedding related) that fits each of their personalities. I'm also thinking cute flannel shirts for them/me to wear the morning of the wedding while we're getting ready.

I haven't asked FH about gifts for each other yet, but he probably doesn't even know that's a thing haha I'm okay with not getting each other anything since we're paying for the wedding. If he does want to do gifts, I'm going to get him a watch.

• Glam0rous
    VIP June 2016
    Glam0rous ·
    • Flag

My BM's are getting personalized tumblers, makeup bags, some nail polish and jewelry.

For FH, I am getting boudoir photos done in March so his present will be a book of those Smiley winking

• Hollyberry
    VIP October 2016
    Hollyberry ·
    • Flag

Having a catholic ceremony, so FH and I are going to write "vows" to read before or after the ceremony privately as our gift to each other.

Getting the BMs their jewelry, some of their hair bill (they all want to get their hair done, so paying for what I can), got them perfume and little makeup bags. If I find clutches for them to use the day of I will also buy them those. Oh also got them and the flower girl getting ready shirts (button downs). I am going a little overboard, so am buy a little at a time. I love buying gifts for people!

• Joella
    Devoted September 2016
    Joella ·
    • Flag

For my BMs I got them their jewelry and accessories, and I'm paying for their hair and makeup for the wedding. Haven't decided if FH and I are exchanging gifts yet.

• MrsHoward<3
    Expert March 2016
    MrsHoward<3 ·
    • Flag

I got my girls a ring dish, for placing small jewelry on the nightstand or when you do dishes.

I'm also buying their jewelry.

Ask for FH, I bought a journal back when we first started talking marriage, and I have written in it when I have little moments of love. I plan on giving it to him the morning of our wedding. I also want to add to it as time passes, reflect on each year of marriage as we get older.

• November Bride
    Expert November 2015
    November Bride ·
    • Flag

While I didn't have a BP I did get the people that helped me out or participated in a way a gift.

For my sister I got a custom made necklace with her birthstone ( I got to pick out the stone). For my friends I got them tea, a cute cup with tea strainer and lid and a either a necklace, bracelet or earrings. We gave my husband's brothers a "Chicago" gift, and the sil and SO of the brother's a diamond necklace. For my in law's we got them matching watches. We are giving my parents a nice frame with our wedding picture in them. I can't remember what I got the flower girls. My MIL gave me a heirloom brooch watch that was a gift to her great grandmother from 1918. I was very honored and touched by that. We also wrote cards to go along with the gifts.

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

My wedding is in September. I'm ordering them robes and Kendra Scott necklaces.

• SAD
    VIP March 2016
    SAD ·
    • Flag

So far mine have monogrammed tote bags, a bracelet, travel size fragrances, lip balm, paint-penned wine glasses, and mini bottles of alcohol (tea for my one BM under 21). My sorority side kind of got the better of me.

• Stephanie
    Savvy May 2016
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

My attendants are getting jewelry made from the wedding flowers. I'm having Pandora beads made for myself from the champagne cork, remnants of my dress from alterations, and my bouquet

• Tawanna
    Super March 2016
    Tawanna ·
    • Flag

I'm giving my ladies make-up tote that has their first name initial on the front in their favorite color, inside will be lipstick, compact mirror, the flats that come in a bag and a bracelet.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics