Stacy
Dedicated March 2019

What color shoes should I wear with my dress?

Stacy, on December 7, 2017 at 3:03 PM Posted in Wedding Attire

There is no beading or sequins on it, just lace. Our colors are navy, white, and silver/gray. I was considering all of those colors for shoes, but I'm just not sure about silver. Should I stay away from sequins? Or maybe sequins on a white shoe would be okay?

Share:

13 Comments

• Stacy
    Dedicated March 2019
    Stacy ·

details of my dress.

• Keisha
    Master September 2018
    Keisha ·

No one is really going to see your shoes so wear what you want

• Brianna
    VIP May 2018
    Brianna ·

Beautiful dress. The only thing I would be worried about with sequins is the dress catching on them sometimes and getting stuck. Otherwise any of those colors would be good.

• Munchkin9218
    Master September 2018
    Munchkin9218 ·

Wear whatever shoe you like best. Look for shoes in all three colors and when you find one you like/are comfortable in buy that one.

I have a similar dress and I'll looking for white lace heels. A friend of mine had blue as her color and she wore blue shoes as her something blue.

It's whatever you want though. Anything will go.

• Allie_W
    Dedicated June 2018
    Allie_W ·

I have an all lace dress and got a satin looking shoe in royal blue, which is one of our main colors

• Jurnee
    Expert May 2019
    Jurnee ·

Something blue if your going for comfort!

• BoudreauToBe
    Master July 2018
    BoudreauToBe ·

I think navy would look really nice! Nina has some great ones (DSW has good deals on Nina shoes).

• Lovecat
    Expert September 2017
    Lovecat ·

Our colors were blue and silver/gray with pops of red, and I *so* wanted cute red shoes, but couldn't find anything in my size that was comfortable, so I went with blue shoes with a touch of silver bling on the toe. I wore a tea-length dress with a navy blue sash, and my girls wore navy with silver shoes, so everything tied together nicely without being overly matchy-matchy. I got my red shoes when I changed into red Chucks for the reception, though!

• Mrs. Fall Bride
    Master October 2016
    Mrs. Fall Bride ·

My shoes were my something blue. You can really wear whatever color you want, they don't *have to* match your decor color scheme. They only have to look good with the dress.

• Leila
    Super October 2017
    Leila ·

Wear whatever shoe fits the budget!

• Marie
    Devoted March 2018
    Marie ·

I saw a bride info blue shoes and thought how beautiful! I think I will wear blue shoes bought a pair a while back, never wore. Yep, think I will

• PG
    Dedicated November 2017
    PG ·

I wore jeweled shoes with a lace gown, didn't have any trouble with catching or anything! Navy would look gorgeous and also work for your 'something blue'! And like others have said, you won't see them anyway, so have fun with them!! And make sure you're comfy!

ETA: And your gown though -- freaking gorgeous!! That lace is so dainty and delicate, obsessed!

• Stacy
    Dedicated March 2019
    Stacy ·

Thanks everyone! I'll just keep my options open.

Comment on this discussion