C
Dedicated July 2019

What color linens?

Cierra , on May 8, 2018 at 9:20 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 7
Saved Save

Hey WW family,

I have been looking at all of the popular websites for linens. My colors are blush, burgundy and champagne/gold. My FH is also interested in the groomsmen wearing navy or grey suits (haven't finalized yet) and the bridesmaids will be wearing burgundy/Cabernet dresses from Azazie. My question for you all, what color table linen should I get?

My first thought was blush linen, maybe a burgundy runner with burgundy napkins across a gold charger. The centerpiece will be a gold vase with a floral arrangement. Would this look okay? Also what are your opinions on satin vs polyester linen?

Sidenote: I LOVE having this forum to speak with fellow brides to be or past brides. The advice I get here is amazing, and my FH definitely appreciates me having this outlet.

7 Comments

• Mrs. H
    Master September 2019
    Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

We have very similar colors! Mine are navy, burgundy, ivory and champagne. We are doing ivory underlay and navy linens on top. I would suggest ivory/white and perhaps blush on top for you.

• Adriana
    Expert October 2017
    Adriana ·
    • Flag
    We got married in October and our colors were burgundy, navy, and gold. Girls wore burgundy, guys wore navy. Our center pieces were ivory candles, and our table cloths were pecan color with ivory napkins. I like the idea of the burgundy napkins, I had considered that as well to tie in our colors, but we went with what the venue offered instead of renting. I’ve never seen blush tablecloths, but I did a quick search on Pinterest and think that would be lovely.

What color linens? 1
  • M
    Devoted May 2018
    Monnie ·
    • Flag
    That sounds lovely!!!! You could also do a white tablecloth and that way you can change it up if you want. Idk how many times i've changed the way the tables are gonna look. As for the type; ive been partial to the polyester just cause its not so overwhelming. But it truly will depnd on what you like and how well it goes with your tablescape. You could get little fabric swatches from your local craft store to make a final decision. Good luck and congrats to you!!!!
  • Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·
    • Flag

I'm having similar colors, burgundy, navy, and cream. Our table clothes will be a cream color and we will have navy napkins as the pop of color on the table. Our center pieces will be white pumpkins with burgundy and blush flowers so I think it will all pair nicely together.

• Lola
    Devoted June 2019
    Lola ·
    • Flag

My colors are the same as yours! I'm trying to figure out my linens as well! I think I am going to go with a champagne table cloth with an ivory linen, but I haven't decided if I want satin or not. I also feel like the tables that have the understated colors (such as the picture above-LOVE) always look the most elegant.

• LaraLouM
    Super May 2019
    LaraLouM ·
    • Flag
    I think thise color ideas, blush linen with burgandy accents would look beautiful!
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I think the blush linen will be really pretty. I love gold chargers. I'm doing a light blue, with gold flatware and gold chargers. I prefer polyester but I don't like the shine of satin, I think it depends on what you want for your final look!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics