Amber
VIP October 2013

What are your favors?

Amber, on July 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 47
Saved Save

We're going to have a bamboo coaster, 1 oz jar of local (raw, organic, unfiltered) honey and two bags of organic tea, one chamomile and the other a mint blend. What are you going to use for favors? Show pics if you have them!

47 Comments

• ♥MrsC♥
    VIP July 2013
    ♥MrsC♥ ·

No pics yet but they are these little organza bags we will put hershey hugs & kisses in.

• Alysa
    VIP April 2014
    Alysa ·

I was thinking about something edible. Not quite sure yet. I wanted to go with koozies, but my FH and my mom think that's too tacky.

• Asheyna
    Super August 2013
    Asheyna ·

Haven't put them together yet. I'm going to make sugar cookies in the shape of a car (bought the butter today). Then I'll pipe each guest's name on their favor and use them as placecards. Also doing another cookie with two hearts joined and "N + R" on them

• Katie
    VIP May 2014
    Katie ·

My MOH and I will be making cupcake bites. They are just like cakepops, except instead if sticking the cake on a stick, we place it in a chocolate mold, then dip the top in a different color. They are super cute and easier to make. Banging out 100+ will be no problem because MOH actually have a cakepop and cupcake business. I'm super excited to give them out to my and FH's extended family who haven't tried them yet. Now to think of something cute and witty to attach on the tag...

• S
    Devoted June 2014
    SamanthaNKyle0621 ·

We're giving our guests a bottle of pink champagne with a customized label and two champagne flutes. Sounds kind of extravagant I know but a close friend of ours owns a bar and is helping us purchase the bottles from their distributer. and we bought the champagne glasses at IKEA on sale-6 glasses for $1. Score!

• Courtney
    VIP January 2015
    Courtney ·

^ Score Samantha! I think that everyone's going to be excited about those favors, I would be!!

• SA Bride!
    Super November 2013
    SA Bride! ·

I'm going to make lucky bamboo, but I'm going to do it per couple and not per person. At our local nursery, they sell the bamboo shoots individually so I'm going to buy a few, buy some mini pots, some pretty stones to fill them and some spray paint and glitter/ ribbon.

Edit- I'm also considing just putting the bamboo shoots in tall shot glasses, that way I don't have to paint them (save on paint) and because the shot glasses are smaller than the mini pots, I don't have to fill them up so much with stone).

• Julie
    Devoted August 2013
    Julie ·

We are giving out jars of homemade strawberry jam

• Mrs. Selland
    Expert August 2013
    Mrs. Selland ·

Since my fiancé and I do a ton of outdoors things like camping we are doing s'more favors. I'm doing half of the favors plain chocolate and the other half a peanut butter cup. Our guests can pick which one they want.

• Keli
    Dedicated October 2013
    Keli ·

FH competitively grill/smokes/bbq's so we will be giving out jars of his teams' rub.

• Amber
    VIP October 2013
    Amber ·

Wow, all such great ideas!

• Nicole S. (formerly Nicole C)
    Master October 2013
    Nicole S. (formerly Nicole C) ·

All of our aunts/grandmas/moms/etc are baking a different kind of cookie and we are going to make boxes with one of each to take home.

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·

We are going to do the Lindor truffles. There's an outlet nearby that sells giant bags of them for kind of cheap. We're going to put like 3 in a little mesh bag tied with a ribbon.

Trying to keep the costs down!

I got bamboo coasters at a wedding a few years back - we still use them every day!

• Mrs. Gravely
    Expert April 2014
    Mrs. Gravely ·

We were looking for something totally different and I thought this was super cute

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·

Smores!!!

• SA Bride!
    Super November 2013
    SA Bride! ·

For the creative people, I once saw a very cool (and no doubt cost effective) idea:

Orange soap. But soap that actually look like oranges. I guess you could do lemon or grapefruit too.

You just get glycerin soap in the colour fruit you want, get the essential oil in the flavour fruit, then you get a loofah.

You must have a round vase to do this.

Just melt the soap, add some essential oils and make sure it is runny. Then you place the loofah in the middle of the vase, pour the soap over it and wait for it to harden. Then you take it out the vase and cut it into slices. Put it in a pretty bag or box and there you go.

• ECM
    Master November 2013
    ECM ·

We are creating personalized wine and wine stoppers. Guests can choose either red or white. The wine will also be wearing bride and groom outfits!

• Rachel S.
    Master September 2013
    Rachel S. ·

Crab mallets!

Originally I wanted to just do edible favors, but these are cute, and we live in Maryland, and the majority of our guests are from Maryland and I did a poll- most don't actually have crab mallets.

We'll also have a photobooth

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·

Ghiradelli chocolates in pearlescent envelopes.

• A
    Master April 2014
    Angel J ·

We are going with lottery scratch off tickets. We will place the ticket in a glassine envelope, with a 2014 penny, put a sticker on the front that says "Lucky in Love" and a sticker to hold the flap closed that has our monogram on it. On top of each envelope, we will place a takeout box full of jelly beans or jelly bellies, not sure which. Mixes fun and edible, and only costs us $197 plus tax

Comment on this discussion