JMedd
Super May 2013

What are the groom and groomsmen wearing?

JMedd, on March 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 26
Saved Save

Is anybody doing anything different than the average tux? We picked out FH's attire today. He's going with a linen khaki suit matching vest, white shirt and a fun necktie.

http://www.countryclubprep.com/mens/neck-ties/duck-dog-tie-in-light-blue-by-bird-dog-bay.html

26 Comments

• The New Mrs. B
    Master May 2013
    The New Mrs. B ·
    • Flag

Our GM are all just wearing black suits.. whatever they have (they don't have to match, since our BMs are all wearing different black dresses). They are wearing charcoal grey shirts and mismatched but coordinating green ties and pocket squares instead of boutonnieres.

• Katie
    Expert October 2013
    Katie ·
    • Flag

The guys are also doing a tan linen pants and vest, white shirt and dark purple tie in whatever pattern they pick. I'm not really a tux person and we are having the wedding and reception outside so linen seems more comfortable.

• M2H
    Master September 2013
    M2H ·
    • Flag

IDK i would like them to do the whole grey suit thing but as long as its not weird, baby blue, and they wear a polka dot tie or bow tie i'm cool with it.

• Mrs. Hawkins
    Expert June 2013
    Mrs. Hawkins ·
    • Flag

Our groomsmen are wearing a tan suit with coral vest and stripe ties.

• Julianna
    Devoted September 2013
    Julianna ·
    • Flag

Suit and tie. No tux for us.

• Arizona Bride
    Super April 2017
    Arizona Bride ·
    • Flag

No tux here because of the heat. Probably just a tie, vest, and slacks.

• Mrs. Wilson
    VIP August 2013
    Mrs. Wilson ·
    • Flag

Jeans, camo vest with pink tie and white shirt

• JMedd
    Super May 2013
    JMedd ·
    • Flag

Krystal, I hope you post pics of your wedding when it's all said and done. Did you see the redneck shindig on Four Weddings last night? FH really wanted a camo vest, but he's happy with the camo wedding band and hunting tie.

I haven't seen a style that isn't great. Y'all are going to have some sharp dressed men.

• Ned. G (The one in Wales)
    Expert October 2013
    Ned. G (The one in Wales) ·
    • Flag

FH is wearing lightish gray herringbone tweed three piece (trousers,waist coat and jacket), white shirt and a stripey tie. I'm sure the jacket will get discarded very very early on

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

I wanted the guys to wear suits and ties, FH is insisting they wear tuxes and bow ties. Whatever :-)

• Angie
    Expert June 2013
    Angie ·
    • Flag

Khakis, white button down shirts, turquoise ties, brown dress shoes

• Mrs. Wilson
    VIP August 2013
    Mrs. Wilson ·
    • Flag

JMedd- no but i'll have to watch it sometime.

• ... just add coffee
    VIP October 2013
    ... just add coffee ·
    • Flag

I was going to have a more casual look for my guys too but then I wound up falling in love with a fancier dress.

However, the tux place kept telling FH how "traditionally" the groom wears a black tux with white shirt, vest, and tie. Well, FH hated that idea so I told him to go with whatever he liked.

He's going to do black tux, black shirt, purple vest and tie. His GMs are going to have black tux, black shirt and vest, and purple ties.

• JMedd
    Super May 2013
    JMedd ·
    • Flag

Paris, I wish my guy insisted on wearing a bow tie. I might con my dad into it.

Krystal, it was the best wedding I've seen on the show to-date. It oozed with redneck greatness.

• Linda
    Super November 2013
    Linda ·
    • Flag

My guys are all wearing the new dark grey tux by Vera Wang from Men's Wearhouse. White shirts. Gm will be wearing dark purple vests, FH a platinum vest and my dad a black vest. All with traditional ties.

• Jill
    Expert March 2015
    Jill ·
    • Flag

We're not doing a wedding party, but my FI will be wearing a kilt in his family's tartan, and one of those white renaissance shirts.

• Fireworks WIFE
    VIP July 2013
    Fireworks WIFE ·
    • Flag

I won't know until I walk down the aisle! He is keeping it a secret

• Mrs. Noble
    Super June 2013
    Mrs. Noble ·
    • Flag

Steve picked his own clothing.... black tux pants, horizon vest, white shirt, horizon bow tie, white jacket which I assume he will not actually wear- since he has no clue how HOT my "1 fabric layer" dress is!

Yes, I corrected him about that misperception

• R
    Devoted May 2013
    rae ·
    • Flag

Groom is wearing a grey three-piece suit from Banana Republic and his guys are wearing black Carhartts and black button-down shirts.

• Jennifer
    Expert July 2013
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

My FH, groomsmen and dad are all wearing dark denim jeans. FH is wearing teal vest and dad and groomsmen are wearing silver vests. I'm looking for a teal and silver diagonal striped tie but if I don't find them they will all just wear matching teal ties. For some reason I'm having a hard time finding the tie I want!! Oh and dad will be wearing a cowboy hat I'm sure with dress boots and the guys will all be wearing boots as well. My FH wore a tux in his brothers wedding and was so uncomfortable I couldn't see making him do that for our wedding. I allowed the jeans but required a tie. That was our compromise Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion