K & A
Super October 2013

We're Back...and MARRIED!!!

K & A, on October 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM Posted in Married Life 0 71
Saved Save

We were married on Friday, October 4th...and it was breathlessly, beautifully PERFECT.

It rained...poured...allllllllllll morning. To the point that my hairdresser told me I needed to try to stop my shaking b/c I was going to get burned with the curling iron, lol. I was FREAKING out...yes, we had a rain plan, but all along, we'd imagined an outdoor, New England fall wedding. Thank the gods, the rain stopped around 2pm...and the sun started to peek out on the drive up in the limo. I have never been so excited to see sun! Our photographer said that the light we had was actually perfect, so that was a definite perk!

Minus the weather, everything else went more smoothly and even better than we anticipated. Vendors showed up and did their jobs flawlessly, the venue was breathtaking, the food was OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD (AND we remembered to eat, yay!), the dance floor was packed all night long. Our pro pics aren't back yet, but when they are, I'll post some. (CONT)

71 Comments

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

Look at that sky!

you are both gorgeous Smiley smile

• FutureMrsP
    Master October 2014
    FutureMrsP ·
    • Flag

Beautiful!

You definitely got your New England fall weather

• Private User
    VIP October 2022
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Amazing!

• Lindylu22
    Master October 2013
    Lindylu22 ·
    • Flag

Congrats!!! I can't wait to see more!

• K & A
    Super October 2013
    K & A ·
    • Flag

I surprised K with a limo at the end of the night (our guests came up in buses and we were supposed to head back with them). It was a great way to end the night, splitting a bottle of champagne and having some time to ourselves before we got back to the hotel (where all of our guests were waiting in the hotel bar in the lobby and promptly started hooting and hollering when we came in, lol!).

The photo booth was a HUGE hit as were the bookmark favors. Our flowers were lovely and truly, there isn't a thing we would change other than extending the time for another hour. We were able to hang with all of our friends and family in the hotel afterwards for about an hour before excusing ourselves.

We did a first look and it was absolutely the right call for us. I can't wait to see those photos!

We left for Aruba on Sunday and had a great and relaxing week. I'm so happy to be home and settling into our married lives. Congrats to all the new and upcoming brides!

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·
    • Flag

You ladies look amazing! Did you both walk down the aisles towards each other??? from the pic it seems that way and if so AWESOME idea. Congrats!

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

Congratulations! You both look beautiful Smiley smile And I'm so jealous of your venue-- it's gorgeous!

• Megan
    Super June 2014
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Gorgeous!! Congrats!!!

• RachelT
    Super May 2014
    RachelT ·
    • Flag

So beautiful. Congrats!!

• JustMarried'14
    Master September 2014
    JustMarried'14 ·
    • Flag

Congrats! You both looked stunning. What a beautiful day to celebrate two beauties in love!!!!

• K & A
    Super October 2013
    K & A ·
    • Flag

Marlina: Yes, our Dads walked us down the aisle at the same time, towards each other. We each came down an outside aisle, and then once we were married, we went up the center aisle together (the symbolism of coming in as two and leaving as one). So many people thought that it was such a touching moment, which we loved! Smiley smile

• Marlina A.
    Master September 2013
    Marlina A. ·
    • Flag

Wow I just pictured it and it gave me goosebumps. Beautiful!

• K & A
    Super October 2013
    K & A ·
    • Flag

A few more photos...

• K & A
    Super October 2013
    K & A ·
    • Flag

And more Smiley smile

• Kate
    Master December 2013
    Kate ·
    • Flag

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! I have been so excited to see your pics and hear about your day!!

I freaking love the idea of coming together like that with your dads. OMG. Every same-sex wedding should do this somehow. I am trying to think of a way to do it with mine and I don't think my FH would go for it haha

Yay again! You both look stunning!

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·
    • Flag

Gorgeous! Goosebumps here too! Congrats!

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·
    • Flag

Congrats. Can't wait for pro pics.

• Tatiana
    VIP September 2013
    Tatiana ·
    • Flag

Awww, absolutely gorgeous!!!! I loved how you guys walked the isles, I probably would have bawled like a baby and I dont even really know you. Congrats!

• K & A
    Super October 2013
    K & A ·
    • Flag

Last 2....for now Smiley smile I just need to find more photos of the specifics (flowers, decor, FOOD, etc....) Thanks for all the love....we had the absolute time of our lives!

• Ashleigh
    Master November 2013
    Ashleigh ·
    • Flag

It turned out beautifully, congrats!

Comment on this discussion