H
Dedicated June 2014

Well i have good news, and bad news... kinda bummed, actually

HisWifey, on August 29, 2014 at 2:16 PM Posted in Married Life 0 16
Saved Save

I went to my doctor this morning, and he tested me for pregnancy. Negative. I told him all of the symptoms ive been having, so he did a pelvic exam and pap smear, and it turns out i have a severe uterine infection, which somehow has prevented me from bleeding on schedule. So no baby, but at least i have a cause for my symptoms.

Good news is, i sat down with my mom and husband last night, and had a long, honest discussion about the fact that we think we are ready and we want to try for a baby, given our ages, we dont have much time.

She said she still doesnt think we are ready, but then again, nobody really is, so if that's what we really want, she fully supports us! So, as soon as i get this infection cured, its full steam ahead on TTC!

16 Comments

• KTizzle
    Master June 2015
    KTizzle ·

Sorry you're bummed. But you're right to be happy that they have found out what is wrong and also to have your mother's support! Good luck

• OG Mrs.K (2.0)
    Master September 2014
    OG Mrs.K (2.0) ·

I hope your infection clears soon...those are never fun. I had a nasty kidney infection this past spring due to an ongoing/complicated UTI. congrats on your exciting decision though! Best of luck!

• Pancakes
    Master October 2015
    Pancakes ·

Good that she's fine with this, now! (If I remember, you posted previously saying that she didn't want you guys to have kids)

• KayDwitWill
    Master May 2015
    KayDwitWill ·

I don't think anyone is ever ready to be parents even if they say they are so if you are ready to go down that road go. I thought I was ready and boy was I wrong! Good luck to you TTC!

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·

First, sorry things didn't turn out as you'd hope. i know you'll take the TTC journey head on and make it a good one. we can be partners in it.

Second, good for you talking with them both and getting full back up and support!

• K
    Master May 2014
    KT ·

So glad you figured out what's been making you feel ill. And good luck on TTC!

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

Sorry you aren't knocked up but at least you have answers and a plan. HUGS

• H
    Dedicated June 2014
    HisWifey ·

Well she does still want us to wait, but she is also okay with it if i do end up pregnant. Im not sure anybody is really ready for a child before they have one, they just have one, and learn as they go.

• Amber
    Expert November 2014
    Amber ·

Glad you found a cause...but why do you care for your mom's opinion concerning you and your husbands fertility plans? That's odd to me. My mom would never be a factor in my fertility decisions. But, to each his/her own.

• StitchingBride
    Master October 2014
    StitchingBride ·

Sorry you have a infection, those are terrible.

I think you should just ignore your mom and leave her out of it. though I am curious. she wants you to wait, but for how long? wonder if she'd even envision you as ready. seems to be mom's nature.

hang in there, things work out

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·

I may have also missed previous posts about this, but I am also curious why she was included in the discussion with you and your FH. Granted, neither FH or I are close with our moms, but I couldn't imagine including either one of them in this discussion even if we were.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Amber
    Expert November 2014
    Amber ·

Barbara, I'm SUPER close with my mom...and she still would never be a factor in our decision to/to not conceive. But as you said, maybe there is a background story I don't know of. I read my mom this post and asked her if she thought it was weird...she said she definitely thought it was!

But yes, feel better and good luck trying to conceive!

• Karley
    Super November 2014
    Karley ·

I'm sorry you got some bad news, but it's great that you've figured out what you want to do. This is really none of my business, so don't answer if you're not comfortable. You said age was a factor, how old are you?

• H
    Dedicated June 2014
    HisWifey ·

@Karley: I am 29, turning 30 next month

@Amber, Barbara, and Stitching: She was involved with the decision because we are super close, and in this entire world there are only two people whose opinion i value and truly take to heart, and those two people are my husband and my mom. If she truly didnt want us to have kids right now, i wouldnt. She always has my best interests at heart, and i know if she really didnt want us to do it, there is probably a really good reason for it. Thankfully she said it was okay if we did so this weekend, we went out and bought some ovulation detector tests and some pregnancy tests, and we start full-blown TTC in one week.

• Amber
    Expert November 2014
    Amber ·

Oh wow, I'm close to my mom too...but if I'm grown enough to marry, I surely don't need her opinion about something like that. Weird that a mother would tell their 30 year old daughter they are not ready...or even expect to be involved in the decision...that's me though!

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·

I'm sorry your not pregnant, but glad you caught your infection before it turned into something worse. I am however very perplexed as to why you're almost 30 yet your mom is involved in your decision to get pregnant. That is an intimate decision that I feel should solely be up to you and your husband. I am very close with my mom and value her opinion over a lot of people's as well, however I'm not going to let her tell me when I can have a baby.

Comment on this discussion