Ashley
Just Said Yes October 2020

Wedding Planner Books/journals

Ashley, on January 7, 2019 at 11:26 AM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved Save
Hey guys! So I've seen a few discussions on this already, but I cant decide between the Knot or the Lucy Sui. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

10 Comments

• Joann
    Devoted June 2019
    Joann ·
    I got a regular journal spiral ring type to use from floral shop to put planning ideas. Lucy Sui is well organized tho
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·

I love my "The Knot" planning binder. It has everything I could ever need and more honestly. The checklist gives me life, no joke.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Do you think it has stuff in addition to the weddingwire or the knot app? I dont want to get something that is just a physical version of the app.
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    View Quoted Comment

Oh yes. It has worksheets in each section for figuring out vendors and determining wedding style/compiling inspiration photos. I use my binder, and also use both WW and The Knot apps. They all offer different things and using them all together I feel like my bases are covered.

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·

Hi Ashley! Welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on your engagement!

You received some good feedback here in this thread and Brittany gives some great advice! Figuring out what works best for you and your wedding planning process is key.

What have you planned so far? How is your wedding planning process coming along?

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Im trying to plan this on my own... Wedding date, colors, budget, wedding party, and a draft of the guest list are done. We are getting married in Oct 2020. I'm just not sure where to begin. Thank you!
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's great, Ashley! It sounds like you have a great start so far! Have you looked at any venues yet?

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    No, I have a long list of ones I like. Started narrowing them by what I want and going from there. Havent actually visited any yet. Recommendations?
  • Sunshine92
    Savvy June 2020
    Sunshine92 ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Congrats! You’re getting so much done! I’m getting married June 2020 and what I’ve had to remind myself often is to keep in mind what’s MOST important to you. Which is getting married to the love of your life of course! Everything else is a beautiful bonus ☺️♥️ Don’t overspend or go into debt for a wedding!
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    View Quoted Comment

Makes perfect sense, Ashley!

Visiting your venues with a list of questions to ask is always what I recommend!

We have some helpful articles on WeddingWire, including this one here, that brings up some good pointers for before you go!:

What is a Venue Walk-Through?

Comment on this discussion