lindsey
Beginner May 2014

Wedding Gown change/Bridal party colors! Help!

lindsey, on June 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM Posted in Planning 0 42
Saved Save

OK so I put a deposit on Maggie Sottero Everett, love it. Then I went into Davids bridal to try on a dress for a wedding I was attending, and there it was......a blush pink wedding gown! I tried to ignore it, but its everything that I wanted in a wedding dress. Girly, romantic, beautiful and its my favorite color. I am getting married in mexico and was limiting my dress choices based on the climate/travel ect. I really wanted sweetheart with a fuller A-line, but they all "fell" in the wrong spot on my waist or had WAY too much material underneath, discouraged I started looking at more fitted gowns and that's when I found the Maggie. So can I please get your opinions on which one you like better? I am trying the pink one for my mom Saturday, she is already swooning! If I go with the white Maggie, I will do an all pastel bridal party, which is only MOH, our moms, and his sister. But what color would I have them wear if I got the pink? ivory?

thank you so much!!!!!!

42 Comments

• lindsey
    Beginner May 2014
    lindsey ·
    • Flag

Just one more photo! thank you again for any advice!

• Mrs.MacC.
    Expert June 2013
    Mrs.MacC. ·
    • Flag

Omg the pink is soooooooooooooooooooo pretty! LOVE it! They could definitly do ivory, or any other super light pastel really... coral, mint, sky blue...just really, really light pastel...maybe even a light gray!

• Alejandra
    Master May 2014
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag

I LOVE the pink gown. And look how happy you look in it!! I think that's your dress Smiley smile and Ivory for your bridal party would def work. Goid luck!!

• Megan K
    Expert July 2013
    Megan K ·
    • Flag

100% pink. the girls could wear ivory or tan and it would make you pop. love it.

• Mama Bear
    Super May 2014
    Mama Bear ·
    • Flag

Go pink!!!! It looks beautiful on u!!! Ivory would be beautiful matched with this pink. Absolutely gorgeous Smiley smile

• Savannah
    Super May 2017
    Savannah ·
    • Flag

Pink one! I think champagne or ivory would look good.

• lindsey
    Beginner May 2014
    lindsey ·
    • Flag

Thank you so much ladies. I am def on the same track as you. I am in love with the pink!!! the Maggie just doesn't compare! I just needed some opinions of other brides and to make sure I'm not crazy for even thinking this! Smiley smile

• Hot chocolate
    VIP November 2013
    Hot chocolate ·
    • Flag

Pink is stunning but i am old fasioned. im leaning towards the white/ivory

• Allyson
    Master May 2014
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

I love the pink one! It's beautiful on you! And I love your face in the picture. You look so happy!

• TooManyMistys
    Master June 2014
    TooManyMistys ·
    • Flag

I actually like the pink gown!

• ForeverMyLove
    Master December 2014
    ForeverMyLove ·
    • Flag

Love the pink! As far as our bridal party, you can have them wear either navy, gray or maybe lavendar

• J&B
    Master September 2013
    J&B ·
    • Flag

OMG! The pink one!!! 100%

• His Butterfly
    Dedicated April 2016
    His Butterfly ·
    • Flag

Go pink!!! That is beautiful and you are glowing in it!!!

• Megan
    Expert July 2013
    Megan ·
    • Flag

Pink all the way!! Love it! I also like the bm dress suggestions posted above, especially ivory and light gray.

• AlmostMrsJ
    Dedicated May 2014
    AlmostMrsJ ·
    • Flag

Both are gorgeous, but if the pink one has been more along the lines of what you've been thinking about all along, you have to go with that one (IMO).

I found my dress in the first store that i went to, and the first dress that i tried on. I didn't immediately swoon and know that was the dress for me though. It look about 7-8 different dress try-on's, plus an extra try-on for my top two. BUT, my consultant helped me tremendously by asking one simple question ... (adapted to fit the scenario)...

"If we were getting married at the same location. I came in wearing the pink dress, and you were wearing the white dress, would you want my dress? or would you be happier with yours?

This immediately made my decision between the two dresses i was debating between. Anyway - just thought i'd share my experience and hopefully it makes the decision as easy for you as it was for me. =D

• AlmostMrsJ
    Dedicated May 2014
    AlmostMrsJ ·
    • Flag

Both are gorgeous, but if the pink one has been more along the lines of what you've been thinking about all along, you have to go with that one (IMO).

I found my dress in the first store that i went to, and the first dress that i tried on. I didn't immediately swoon and know that was the dress for me though. It look about 7-8 different dress try-on's, plus an extra try-on for my top two. BUT, my consultant helped me tremendously by asking one simple question ... (adapted to fit the scenario)...

"If we were getting married at the same location. I came in wearing the pink dress, and you were wearing the white dress, would you want my dress? or would you be happier with yours?

This immediately made my decision between the two dresses i was debating between. Anyway - just thought i'd share my experience and hopefully it makes the decision as easy for you as it was for me. =D

• AlmostMrsJ
    Dedicated May 2014
    AlmostMrsJ ·
    • Flag

• lindsey
    Beginner May 2014
    lindsey ·
    • Flag

@AlmostMrsJ: I would be totally jealous! I have never heard that analogy before, its a good one!

I really like the idea of ivory dresses, my pink gown and the guys in khaki/white. I just think it would really pop with the ocean/sand ect.

I am really glad I asked, I have been so stressed out over this! I have been pretty maintenance free up until this Smiley smile

• F
    VIP May 2014
    FutureMrs.Combs ·
    • Flag

Pink is beautiful, I think pastels or ivory would go well with it, whichever you like best. I would match some dresses next to it and see what looks best. I'm actually thinking of a pink dress too. I might do pink and then have my girls wear white or ivory dresses with different colored sashes. But, you should go for it, pink is beautiful!

• We'llAlwaysHaveParis
    Master November 2013
    We'llAlwaysHaveParis ·
    • Flag

The pink looks fabulous.

If you could find a BM color in the shade of your sash, I think it would be stunning.

Comment on this discussion