H
Devoted September 2012

Wedding gifts for Christmas??

Holly, on November 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 11
Saved Save

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but people are asking for our registry info to use it for Christmas presents! And I've been checking MyRegistry.com (probably way too often!) and people are actually buying stuff... INCLUDING MY PINK KITCHEN AID MIXER!!! Since I'll be getting them for Christmas, does this mean I can use them before the wedding?! So excited and glad that we registered early and I would definitely recommend doing so!

11 Comments

• Amy
    Super June 2011
    Amy ·
    • Flag

If you get them as Christmas gifts, you can use them! For recently married ladies, when relatives have asked what we wanted for Christmas, I've reminded them that our Williams Sonoma registry is still open w/a few things on it!

• Stacy
    VIP October 2011
    Stacy ·
    • Flag

In my opinion any time a gift is given to you, you can use it. As long as you have sent a thank you note.

On a sidenote, if you are moving in together (if you don't already live together or if you are buying a house) you might want to just leave everything in the boxes until you move. It will make the move a lot easier and it will help to assure that you presents will not get broken before you really get to use them.

• Ashley
    VIP December 2011
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Sounds great to me!! Although, my wedding is just before Christmas, so I'd be shocked if we get actual Christmas gifts this year. Smiley smile My immediate family has already decided not to do gifts this year b/c of the wedding, which I actually requested. No need to go nuts. Smiley smile

On another note - I'm a teeny bit jealous about your pink mixer. Smiley smile FH already has a red one, so we just registered for a couple of new attachments. Ok, I do love the red, but I would've tried to talk him into letting me register for the pink one if we didn't already have one.

• The Polka Dot Queen ©
    Master July 2012
    The Polka Dot Queen © ·
    • Flag

This is why I want to get my registry done before Christmas. I'm obviously not going to send it out to people, but if people ask what I want/need for Christmas I will tell them about the registry, because really, other than money, that's what I need! (Unless they want to buy us a couch set for our living room...)

• Spike
    VIP July 2012
    Spike ·
    • Flag

Thats what im doing, I don't speak for my FH. But when people ask what I want, I tell them that me and my boo are registered

• Mrs. S To Be
    VIP October 2011
    Mrs. S To Be ·
    • Flag

We just got hitched, and I'm giving the registry to the in laws and our parents for anyone who's asking about gifts. Heck yeah!

• Karen
    Devoted October 2011
    Karen ·
    • Flag

Both sides of our families (my mom, his sisters) have mentioned being very excited about using the registry as a gift guide!

• Sara
    Super June 2012
    Sara ·
    • Flag

My family has been asking the same thing :-)

Although my parents hinted that they might be taking me shopping for my wedding jewelry for Christmas (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• The Polka Dot Queen ©
    Master July 2012
    The Polka Dot Queen © ·
    • Flag

Sara, my parents got me wedding jewelry for my birthday! They swiped the pearls my Grandma gave me for my wedding and got matching earrings (or as close as you can get new to 40 year old pearls). I was very excited!

• Sara
    Super June 2012
    Sara ·
    • Flag

@Judith that's awesome!

• A
    Super October 2011
    Abby & Karla ·
    • Flag

That's awesome!! We just got our green kitchen aid too! It was on our registry and used gift money to buy it... I LOVE IT!!!

Comment on this discussion