Caitlin
Just Said Yes November 2019

Wedding dress preservation

Caitlin, on November 13, 2019 at 9:17 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 4
Saved Save
Hello all!

I got married November 2nd! I love my wedding dress and am so sad I can't wear it again. Does anyone have any unique ideas for what to do with your wedding dress after the wedding? I've seen jewelry made from dresses and people who have preserved their dresses in shadow boxes. What have you all done? I need some cool ideas please and thank you!!

4 Comments

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber Online ·
    • Flag

I plan on preserving mine through David's Bridal more than likely. But when I was a teenager and I had a wedding pinterest board (because who didn't right? Smiley xd) I found something that would make lingerie out of part of your wedding dress! I still think it's a cool idea, but I don't know if I could take a pair of scissors to my dress even after the wedding lol

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I want to make curtains or even a teddy bear for a potential future child with scraps from my dress!

• C
    Expert November 2020
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    I bought the DB preservation kit because honestly.. I don't know what to do 😂😅
    I think they say it preserves for like 20 years so I figure if I have any daughters I can offer it (but honestly if they prefer the excitement of dress shopping or want their own style that's fine) and if they don't want it then I'll decide if I want to sell it or donate it or do a craft with it.
    It's so expensive that I kind of hate the idea of cutting it up to make lingerie or jewellery or anything. In 20 years, though, I figure I'll be less attached, maybe care less, and can make up my mind by then lmao.
  • C
    Expert November 2020
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol!! I just replied and said almost the exact same thing! 😂🙈

Comment on this discussion