Happy In Hawaii
Master July 2015

Wedding Dress Decision (Lots of Pictures)

Happy In Hawaii, on October 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 99
Saved Save

I didn't think I would really need help picking out a dress but I found so many that got me all excited and happy and they all looked beautiful. Now I'm trying to narrow it down and I need some help. I have 5 dresses so I want to see what you think looks good.

My theme is tropical and garden so the venue is outside on the grass with a lot of palm trees in the background. The reception is indoors in a ballroom with a deck outside overlooking the water in San Diego. I want to have some Hawaiian feel to the dress (so something with flowers or flowy parts would be great).

I have attached two pictures per post with the front and back of each dress (so it doesn't get confusing). Please let me know what your top favorites are and please read the little descriptions because I plan on altering each one from the way it looks in the picture. Thank you in advance!

First dress: I would cut off the lace part that covers my back and above my bust area. This would make it a sweetheart neckline.

99 Comments

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Second Dress: The dress would look like this, I would just get the belt in the same color as the dress (not that pinkish brown color).

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Dress three: I would play with different belt/sashes under my bust. The one shown is pretty simple for now. I would also alter the neckline to be a sweetheart neckline

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Dress Four: I would also play with different sashes and also have it be in the same color as the dress. I would alter it to have a sweetheart neckline.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Dress Five: I would add buttons down the back where the zipper is to give it something a little bit more (or possibly a corset back but that would maybe end up destroying some of the back of the dress so possibly not). Then I would modify the top to have a sweetheart neckline.

• Lindylu22
    Master October 2013
    Lindylu22 ·

Second dress is my favorite.

• May
    VIP October 2013
    May ·

When I went shopping I went with the 'everything I want exists in one dress' motto. I don't think you should rely on altering too much of the dress, because you never really know how it's going to turn out (and because it gets pricey!!).

I like the second and the fifth dress. I think I like the 5th one more though, I think it could fit in with the outdoor part and the ballroom. It's so pretty!

ETA: Because I can't not say it... the styles are a bit different, so are you sure you don't want to wait for a bit to buy a dress? You still have a while to go and it'd suck if you ended up with dress regret.

• Ashlee
    Super March 2014
    Ashlee ·

Dress #5 looks great on you and I think it fits the look you are going for. #4 would be my second choice. Where are you getting married? FH's mom got married a few weeks ago in San Diego. It was beautiful!

• Tiffany Nash
    Master August 2014
    Tiffany Nash ·

I like #5 best

• Liz K
    Devoted May 2014
    Liz K ·

Oh! That's a tough one they are all so pretty. I like the fourth one the best I was actually between that one and the dress I ended up choosing.

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Thanks Lindylu and May for your comments. I can definitely see what you mean May, luckily most of these dresses are under my budget already so altering them to have them the way I like might not be too bad. But I think I will stick to simple alterations if any, changing to a sweetheart neckline is apparently not too bad. I'm also quite lucky in that almost all the dresses fit me in length so I won't need to hem it. Yay! But it's good to keep in mind and maybe that means I need to keep looking.

• Jennifer
    Devoted October 2013
    Jennifer ·

Both two and three look absolutely stunning on you!

• Claudia
    Expert May 2015
    Claudia ·

Dress number five looks best on you in my opinion!

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

@May The only reason this came up is that one of these dresses seemed quite perfect for me but it is being discontinued at the end of the month. So I wanted to get other opinions to see if other people think it is one of the best (I won't reveal which one yet!). I am afraid of dress regret but I also don't want to regret not getting the perfect dress because it was discontinued. So I wanted to show some comparisons and see if others also chose it as the best.

@Ashlee That's awesome! We haven't booked the venue yet (they don't book this far out) but we want to get married at Paradise Point near SeaWorld. It's like a mini Hawaii in California!

Thanks so much already, I love getting help!

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·

My 1st vote is 5 because it looks more garden-esque with the applicants and itʻs sexy which is tropical and hot-- I can imagine you with palm trees in the background

my 2nd choice is 3-- the way it comes off your curves is to-die-for but itʻs more country than tropical garden

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Thanks Imriaylde and Claudia!!

• May
    VIP October 2013
    May ·

Oh okay, that makes sense. I know I'd regret it if I missed out on the best one!

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·

Aww thanks AlmostMrs.King! I know you'd have great advice for what looks more tropical. I guess I didn't really think about #3 being more country, that's a good point!

I love all this advice...thank you so much everyone, it's really helping!

• Bianca
    Super October 2014
    Bianca ·

Definitely number 5!

• Nicole
    Devoted October 2015
    Nicole ·

I like 5 followed closely by 4

• Ashlee
    Super March 2014
    Ashlee ·

Just checked out their website...it's gorgeous! Especially the way the entrance is lit up at night. FH's mom got married at the Catamaran on the bay. I don't know anything about how much it cost but they were going for the same look as you are. Tons of flowers and palm trees everywhere. If Paradise Point falls through for some reason, it might be another one to check out.

Comment on this discussion