Molly
Devoted November 2020

Wedding Dress Budget!

Molly, on March 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 161
Saved Save

What is your budget for your wedding dress? If you got your dress did you go over budget? I might have found my dream dress but it's over my budget. My budget is around $500.

My dream dressWedding Dress Budget! 1

My dream dressWedding Dress Budget! 2

161 Comments

• Victoria
    Super May 2019
    Victoria ·
    My budget was $1000 before alterations, I found mine for $999. ☺️
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    My fiancé paid for my gown. My budget was $5000.00. I spent $2300.00. It was my dream dress, but it isn't now, but I still plan on wearing it. I wish you all the best!!
  • Tina
    Rockstar March 2020
    Tina ·

My budget was $500. The dress I purchased was with tax $578 so I didn't think too bad. Lol I've bought another dress sine then for $75 but that's a whole nother topic!

How much over is your dream dress? Can you find the same one online second hand for less? Which dress is it?

• Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    My budget was $1000. I went over by $40
  • Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    Molly, LOVE your dream dress!! 😍
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    Mine was $500 and my family made me go into a shop so of course we spent $1200 but my dad paid half knowing my budget and how sad I was that I couldn't afford it
  • September186
    Devoted September 2019
    September186 ·
    Mine was $3000 and the bridal consultant was really good about not pulling dresses over that. I paid about $2700 including tax and they gave me 10% off since I bought the dress at my first appointment. No idea how much alternations will be, probably a couple hundred.
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    I wanted to spend $200-300 and when I got there I hated everything so I decided to go up to $500. The one I loved was $800 so my stepmom was so kind to give me the difference. At the time I didn’t have a date set so I actually could have spent more if I had known I had so much time to save the money. But I do love my dress.
  • Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·

My budget is $500, but I don't plan to spend that. My dream dress is at David's Bridal and is currently $99. Just waiting for my Aunt and niece/MOH to have time when we can go.

My dream dressWedding Dress Budget! 3

• SummerBrideInAutumn
    VIP October 2019
    SummerBrideInAutumn ·
    My budget was $3000. I did great, though, and my dress, veil, and tax were only $2200.
  • C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    I didn’t have a strict budget set walking in and it was my first big wedding purchase, but I wanted to spend around $500. My dress was originally $1,600 marked down to $799. I paid $880 after tax plus $100 on alterations.
  • Nora
    Expert July 2019
    Nora ·
    That dress is beautiful! I didn’t want to spend more than $300 total, but found a discontinued Casablanca for $600 and a veil for $145. My sweet parents surprised me with purchasing it for me. I’ll just pay for the alterations (which I am nervous about with how the dress is, but I will find out costs on the 22nd haha) 😊
  • C
    Super July 2019
    Crystal ·
    My budget was 200 I spent 500 lol
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2019
    Michelle ·
    View Quoted Comment

You better go soon the $99 dresses sell out fast

• Disneybride
    Dedicated April 2021
    Disneybride ·
    My budget is 1565
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2019
    Michelle ·

You can probably find a Etsy shop to make this in your budget

• Molly
    Devoted November 2020
    Molly ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That is still a good find.
  • Future_Mrs.concanon
    Devoted April 2019
    Future_Mrs.concanon ·
    My budget was 500 but my dress is 800.

Wedding Dress Budget! 4
  • Emily
    Super July 2019
    Emily ·
    My budget was $1000. My dress was $800 ... I think with the veil, belt and headband it was about $1100. Alterations should be around $200. Thank goodness I’m pretty tall, I found cute 2” heels and now the dress doesn’t need a hem, which was going to be the most expensive part
  • Aubrey
    Dedicated September 2019
    Aubrey ·
    My budget was $1000 and I bought mine for $529!!

Comment on this discussion